Diablo® III

How did you get your top end Manticore?

12/07/2012 06:58 AMPosted by Dragus
I had to duel darth vadar...lost my arm in the process though.

Ohhh it gets worse.. you'll discover that chick you've been sleepin' with is your sister! :p
Reply Quote
Well mine isn't as epic as some of these..
and it has WD Attributes

But i got it for free from a drop.
has a socket + 174 Dex..

Took my DPS up 100k so i'll keep it till i can find better ;D
Reply Quote
I got mine as a drop in stonefort on MP4

1261.5 dps
185 dex
10%ias
94% crit dmg
2 os

It made a good birthday gift, (tried it though, ended up going back to Danetta's because I prefer DW)
Edited by demonbudgie#1629 on 12/9/2012 12:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/09/2012 07:09 AMPosted by Badactress
I had to duel darth vadar...lost my arm in the process though.

Ohhh it gets worse.. you'll discover that chick you've been sleepin' with is your sister! :p

That's not worse.....that's betterXD
Reply Quote
I dont even use a manticore @_@
Reply Quote
I found all my gear in hell ponies.
Reply Quote
Bought my manti for 500 mill on GAH, int roll but good damage and crit
Reply Quote
I stole it off a fat guy in the fields of slaugter, after I killed him. I was not to happy, because I have been looking for a 2 soc Manticore with 1200+dps. Better luck next time, I guess.
Reply Quote
Got lucky wasting time farming for leorics signet ring. Sold for 150mill bought 2 upgrades.
Reply Quote
Bought mine on the GAH for 500m sniped it at last second to win

44%dmg
174 dex
10as
74 cd
2OS
Reply Quote
12/09/2012 01:21 AMPosted by Otaking
Really sick of seeing 2 soc 1200 dps INT manticores priced astronomically higher than superior DPS 1 soc dex ones myself...

True, and because of this you can find some great steals for awesome 1 soc manticores, if you have the patience to stalk the AH. Sniped mine for under 200 mil. I've seen people spend more than triple that on 2 soc manticores in the 1200 dps range that do less dps.
Reply Quote
I haven't got one yet. I'm hoping to actually roll one.. I've gotten 12 Manti drops so far and none of them rolled decently. I'm a scrooge and I ain't buying it. :)
Reply Quote
found mine. was pretty happy about it lol.
Reply Quote
I found it @The Keep Dephts lvl1 with only 2 valors :D
Reply Quote

Yep AH is built on noobs and wishful thinking right now, just keep boycotting the stupid prices and they will continue to decay. Really sick of seeing 2 soc 1200 dps INT manticores priced astronomically higher than superior DPS 1 soc dex ones myself...

So that is not completely accurate. Even an INT rolled 2 socket manti could be better than a DEX rolled 1 socket if all relatively equal. Say for example you have a 1300 dps DEX rolled 1 socket manti with a 100% gem and you have 50% CC, and you have a 1300 dps INT rolled 2 socket manti with 2 100% gems. Depending on the amount of DEX rolled on the first manti, you will likely see greater dps in the INT rolled manti, by the order of 20-30k.... I know this because I have a 1 socket manti, infact I have 3 1 socket mantis.. and I have two 2 socket manti's and I have tried combinations of both... the 2 socket manti always seems to be better..

The better the dps the higher the price.
Reply Quote
Btw, Im talking paper dps here, not actual. As that is what most people seem to care about these days.
Reply Quote
If they have the same DPS and Crit-damage roll, you are right Aki. I think Sepharoth's and Otaking's point is that I can buy a one socket bow with 1300 dps, dex, and a higher crit damage roll that costs less and does more damage (both paper and actual) than say an 1150-1200 dps 2 socket, int, lower crit-damage bow. Many people value 2 sockets too much and overlook that the 1 socket bows can be better/cheaper in certain cases.
Reply Quote
12/10/2012 09:55 AMPosted by icecreamcake
Many people value 2 sockets too much and overlook that the 1 socket bows can be better/cheaper in certain cases.

Just had the perfect opportunity to test this. My Manti (1 soc, 1360dps, 220 dex, 95 crit) cost 180 mil. My buddy bought his for half a billion (2 soc, 1280 dps, 190 dex, 90 crit)

On comparison, his Manticore would add 10k dps to my char at a 320 mil price difference. (and i think he got a really good price on his Manti, as far as 2 socketed ones go, so the price differnece could actually be higher) It's a good example of how the 1 socketed manticores can be the most cost-effective option.
Reply Quote
It's all about hitting that bottleneck on your overall dps should you prioritize your upgrade on manticore, you might gain another 15k dps by spending 100m -200m on a balanced amulet.
Edited by Cyon#1808 on 12/12/2012 8:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
Got mine off the AH for 300 mil right after i sold some trifecta IK gloves for 2 bil was a good day
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]