Diablo® III

CM/WW/AHK Example, Opinions Please

Ok, many many threads on if autohotkey is bannable or not. The answer seemingly is yes, under certain situations.

I cant find the blue post but I remember reading that one issue was mapping one key to multiple actions (so, pressing 1=sending 1,2,3 would be bad), but that in gerneral macros themselves arent considered automatic bans.

In lieu of that, I made an AHK script that repeats 1-2-3 ONLY if you have all the buttons pressed down at once. I made the timeouts basically duplicate the speed at which I'm able to mash 1-2-3 while playing (tested with stopwatch and notepad). Tell me what you think:

#NoEnv ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
#Warn ; Recommended for catching common errors.
SendMode Input ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir% ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

$1::
Send 1
while GetKeyState("1", "P") AND GetKeyState("2", "P") AND GetKeyState("3", "P") ;
{
Send 1
Send 2
Send 3

RandSleep(100,200)
}
return

$2::
Send 2
while GetKeyState("1", "P") AND GetKeyState("2", "P") AND GetKeyState("3", "P") ;
{
Send 2
Send 1
Send 3

RandSleep(100,200)
}
return

$3::
Send 3
{
Send 3
Send 2
Send 1

RandSleep(100,200)
}
return

RandSleep(x,y) {
Random, rand, %x%, %y%
Sleep %rand%
}

Of course, use at your own risk.

edit: Updated with random delays
Edited by JackKnife#1972 on 12/8/2012 4:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
not bad. randomize the delays and i would say its ready to go.
Reply Quote
So, anyone got a ban using this?
Reply Quote
12/13/2012 04:58 AMPosted by Veslash
So, anyone got a ban using this?

No official bans have gone out for AHK, but it is most definitely bannable. However, pretty much all CM's have said it's not worth getting CTS for a game and are running it.
Reply Quote
a blue post would be nice for this, I do agree that CTS for a game is not worth it tbh.
Reply Quote

No official bans have gone out for AHK, but it is most definitely bannable.

inb4 long AHK debate

But saying that it is 'most definitely bannable' is simply too strong a statement for the information we have at this time. It is a program that replicates the functionality of an 'Official' Diablo 3 gaming mouse, whether or not this is relevant is unknown. And that is the whole point...the current stance on this is unknown since we have no confirmed bans due to it.

Therefore it is not 'most definitely bannable', it is just unknown.
Reply Quote

No official bans have gone out for AHK, but it is most definitely bannable.

inb4 long AHK debate

But saying that it is 'most definitely bannable' is simply too strong a statement for the information we have at this time. It is a program that replicates the functionality of an 'Official' Diablo 3 gaming mouse, whether or not this is relevant is unknown. And that is the whole point...the current stance on this is unknown since we have no confirmed bans due to it.

Therefore it is not 'most definitely bannable', it is just unknown.

Diablo 3: Terms of Use agreement: (2.B)

"Use cheats, automation software (bots), hacks, or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify the Game experience, including without limitation, mods that violate the terms of this License Agreement or the Terms of Use; "

By leaving it in that gray area, they are 100% able to ban you if they decide to, however they haven't decided to yet. This makes it "most definitely bannable," however as I said, will they do it? probably not. Wiping out a whole class community would be bad PR.
Reply Quote
So I'll just get d3 mouse and they can't do !@#$? <3
Reply Quote
Ahh, you actually meant what you said, in the way that you phrased it. That is so odd nowadays, and I stand corrected.

Definitely banable, as in something that they have the leeway to ban for if they so choose to do so. As opposed to something that they will ban for.

I wonder whether it would fit better under automation or as an unauthorized version of their gaming mouse functionality. Whether or not it is 'fair' to ban for it is a separate issue from whether or not they have the TOS freedom to do it and keep a monopoly on that functionality to their mouse.

Cool beans.
Edited by BDF#1838 on 12/13/2012 6:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
I posted something about this in the General Discussion thread to hopefully get a clear answer on it all.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7392969888

IMO: This should NOT be a banable offense. The build will see plenty of play no matter what, but who wants to get CTS over a game?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]