Diablo® III

Isnt the manajuma knife garbage...

Cause its poison dmg and not black damage????

Just a thought i had.
Reply Quote
no. Think harder.

find me a black weapon that has 1k dps, 180+ int, 90+ cd, 2.7+ LS and open socket. Can't find one? Oh yeah.. cause if they do exist they are 1billion+.

Manajuma still has some physical damage on the weapon. It is not ALL poison... although the poison portion is not added to zuni boots, soj, & tal's ammy.

The problem falls with the fact that the 'black' equivilants do not exist.
Edited by ofgortens#1113 on 12/8/2012 7:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
Mind explaining? ^^
Reply Quote
12/08/2012 07:32 PMPosted by BoozBear
Mind explaining? ^^

The black damage portion of the knife still benefits from +elemental damage even though the +poison damage part of the knife doesn't.
Reply Quote
@Ofgortens,

you are forgeting that Manajumas at 1k, with high crit go for a billion+ these days as well.

How much black damage matters depends on how much +elemental you run. I run +14%, that plus my builds insatiable hunger for mana and need for LOH over LS means I went with a black knife. I do miss the int though...

The black damage on my knife added about 10k over what a typical manajuma would bring. but minus the 175 average int and I probably lost dps. (mind i paid 26m for my knife and a 1k maj with 99% crit would be 2billion).
Edited by blackjack#1375 on 12/8/2012 8:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
Another problem that manaj's have is that you cant find a manaj with mana regen and an open socket.
Reply Quote
If you cri 1m+ you will not worry about black or green or red.
Reply Quote
12/08/2012 08:08 PMPosted by blackjack
you are forgeting that Manajumas at 1k, with high crit go for a billion+ these days as well.

No they don't, I myself purchased a ( if I remember correctly )1014 dps one with 97% crit and I paid 450 million for it. Those you see for a billion don't sell for a billion UNLESS it has 100% crit / 3% life steal then you might see it go for a billion. But the top ones mostly go for 350-500 million now.

Manajuma is a good weapon it has everything you want, crit damage / life steal / socket
the only 2 downsides are the elemental damage ( which is minor ) and the fact that the minimum damage is super low so you end up doing low crits half the time.
Edited by eviLal3x#1616 on 12/8/2012 9:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
I love my Manajuma's Knife won't settle for anything else, prolly higher base damage Manajuma :)
Reply Quote
If that poison damage is getting you down, the Skorn has all black damage and twice the life steal of a Manajuma.

Just saying. ;)
Reply Quote
black damage is a perk... ...a bonus, it's not the end all be all of all things to look for in a weapon.
Reply Quote
12/08/2012 11:46 PMPosted by Brahm
black damage is a perk... ...a bonus, it's not the end all be all of all things to look for in a weapon.

but then again so is CHD ..... i prefer seeing a plethora of white 300ks then the odd yellow 1.5 m.... and like they say .... once you go black....
Edited by Danevil#1608 on 12/9/2012 12:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
uh ok. It's only relevant depending on your other gear.

1) Very few (if any) weapons are 100% elemental damage so even a manj you still are getting bonus damage on the majority of it, on your rings, amulet, mojo.

2) It doesn't always work out to that much dps. In my case I get 1.4k DPS per %, my buddy runs a manj he gets aroudn 900 dps per %, but gets the bonus of having OS, CD, LS, & INT where I just have INT, OS, LS (and vit). If you have a lot of CC, but not much CD. You are better off with a CD.

3) Other stats my contribute more, be it LS, Int, OS, CHD, and so on.

4) The best amulets ARE NOT tal rasha. You can get a rare amulet with 10cc/100cd. You can't get that with a tal rasha, and a lot of people choose not to run SOJ. So if the only bonus damage you are getting is from your boots.. It's really not a big deal.

I prefer to see a screen of all yellow, and solid base damage when yellows fail me. The best means of solid base damaged is a HIGH avg damage on all your gear, and as much int as you can stack so when you do use Soul Harvest, GI, GF. You really take advantage of the "bonus based on % of int".

I can buff up to over 6k int. Not only does it give me great base damage, but 600 base AR!. Which is why 100% Black damage weapons, is really only a nice perk but not a "must have". It only gives you more damage IF you are geared in a manner to take advantage of it.
Reply Quote
If all 1k dmg black weapons are worth 1bil SELLING MINE!
Reply Quote
uh ok. It's only relevant depending on your other gear.

1) Very few (if any) weapons are 100% elemental damage so even a manj you still are getting bonus damage on the majority of it, on your rings, amulet, mojo.

2) It doesn't always work out to that much dps. In my case I get 1.4k DPS per %, my buddy runs a manj he gets aroudn 900 dps per %, but gets the bonus of having OS, CD, LS, & INT where I just have INT, OS, LS (and vit). If you have a lot of CC, but not much CD. You are better off with a CD.

3) Other stats my contribute more, be it LS, Int, OS, CHD, and so on.

4) The best amulets ARE NOT tal rasha. You can get a rare amulet with 10cc/100cd. You can't get that with a tal rasha, and a lot of people choose not to run SOJ. So if the only bonus damage you are getting is from your boots.. It's really not a big deal.

I prefer to see a screen of all yellow, and solid base damage when yellows fail me. The best means of solid base damaged is a HIGH avg damage on all your gear, and as much int as you can stack so when you do use Soul Harvest, GI, GF. You really take advantage of the "bonus based on % of int".

I can buff up to over 6k int. Not only does it give me great base damage, but 600 base AR!. Which is why 100% Black damage weapons, is really only a nice perk but not a "must have". It only gives you more damage IF you are geared in a manner to take advantage of it.

when it comes to manj though 30 to 40 % of the dmg is elemental and for sure if you dont have a 10/1 chd chc ratio balancing it will always be the best route to take but when you got blk wpn blk mojo dmg on ring and or ammy the stacked percentages are quite remarkable
Reply Quote
Thanks for all the replies guys.

Im actually on hardcore so prices are a bit different to all the stuff ur listing ^^

But my ultimate goal set wise will prolly only contain zuni boots and MAYB tals ammy.

So how much dps would i be losing out to a black weapon cause of this?
Edited by BoozBear#1811 on 12/9/2012 4:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/08/2012 08:08 PMPosted by blackjack

This is wrong. You can see lots of mana knives with 960+ dps, 90+ base cd, 2.9+ LS with OS going between 200-400 mil. I see some 1k+ with 95+ base cd, 3 LS, and OS listed for 1-2 bil but doubt they ever sell...

I got mine for 120 mil.

12/09/2012 12:35 AMPosted by Shamus
If all 1k dmg black weapons are worth 1bil SELLING MINE!

I think your sword 1 vital affix... base crit. Close though... still a good weapon.
Reply Quote
Thanks for all the replies guys.

Im actually on hardcore so prices are a bit different to all the stuff ur listing ^^

But my ultimate goal set wise will prolly only contain zuni boots and MAYB tals ammy.

So how much dps would i be losing out to a black weapon cause of this?

to really know you would have to use a calculator
Reply Quote
Booze you are prob gonna lose about 10k due to loss of black but make up more than that ammount with the int bonus. The only real reason to get a non maj is mana regen and possibally price for equivilent dps.
Reply Quote
when it comes to manj though 30 to 40 % of the dmg is elemental and for sure if you dont have a 10/1 chd chc ratio balancing it will always be the best route to take but when you got blk wpn blk mojo dmg on ring and or ammy the stacked percentages are quite remarkable

wow, people really are really going overly stupid overboard with this 1/10 ratio crap, it even spread into crit chance and crit damage? lmfao
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]