Diablo® III

Index to Witch Doctor Builds and Guides

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#fYUdXT!TYe!cYaYZa

Go for max intel / dps = enough to 1 shot mp0 without cc and cd

rest = vit / armor / life after kill or health globe bonus for survivability

Will get you mp0 in cains set + leoric on follower and yourself up to 100 mil exp / hr

=Requirements=
dps = 70k dps unbuff with cains (all intel/ dps/ attack speed)
armor = 2700
hp = 35k
life regen = 200
health globe bonus = 3k

the next best thing would be life after kill (could possibly replace health glob bonus) whenever u can get it, although at my level its not neccesarry.

pets kill unleft trash,

=route=
arreat crater 2 (clear)
keep depths level 2
rakkis crossing

** Yes that route for wd is much more efficent for exp than alkaiser. Credited to ChuckNorris.
Edited by Ket#1747 on 12/18/2012 4:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
mp5 = http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#fVUdXY!TYe!cbaYZc

current profile gear = 1 shot trash , 5 sec elite kills , keys in 4 min or less (all acts), higher mf for gear
Reply Quote
OK. Thanks for the explanation.

If you want to write an actual guide, like some of the others in the index, I'll hook it into the index.
Reply Quote
No need for actual guide, pretty easy. test it and youll see u blow everyone else in exp and loot. this is why the game is dumb, its too easy. and these 2 builds are the best and only builds worth doing for wd. unless you are doing ube, then vq with widowmaker (and dependent on team for other skills)
Reply Quote
Sounds good, appreciate the info and your posts.

Hooked your posts in as a guide to the index.
Edited by skywalkerfx#1247 on 12/17/2012 8:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
Not sure if my Ghost Assassin build makes the cut, but here is the link:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7393019692?page=1
Reply Quote
Yes I have read your build and I made some comments hoping you would fix it. The part on bad medicine needs to be removed or you need to put in a skill that will proc it.

You can't just leave it in there doing nothing.

I suggest you just put something else in its place until you come up for a skill you want to use with it. Post here when you have it tweaked and I will put it up.
Reply Quote
Good work Skywalker!
Reply Quote
Thanks Dude!
Reply Quote
Should consider adding my other build.

PRIDE / BEAR (MP 5-7)

~Reason

70 mil exp / hr (without leorics)
Warden kill with 5 NV in 5 min or less (all acts)
Farm MP5+ loot fast (mass kills for higher mf rolls on gear)

=Gameplay=
Horrify and Spirit walk to move constantly from pack to pack of trash and quickly kill elites using dogs as an extra 2 instant full mana reserve.

Trash-
1. Dogs out
2. Bear Spam (GF/GI will sustain mana)
3. Sacrafice if OOM for full mana

Elites-
1. Dogs should already be out (no cd on recast from trash GI)
2. Bear Spam (GF/GI will sustain some mana)
3. Sacrafice if OOM for full mana
4. Recast Dogs
5. Bear Spam
6. Sacrafice if OOM for full mana
7. Bear Spam

=Skills=
mp5 = http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#fVUdXY!TYe!cbaYZccurrent profile

=Gear=
PUR - 15+
DPS - 140k unbuff (possibly lower)
HP - 50k (possibly lower)
AR - 670 unbuff (possibly lower)
Max Manna - 950 (possibly lower)
Mana Regen - 70 (possibly lower)

=Notes=
1. I have never had to recast and sacrafice dogs for a 2nd time on elites but it is an option.
2. This is much more efficent and faster than any VQ, SA, BR combos for mp5-7 because the mana is instantly replenished.
3. With GF/GI almost perma spirit walk and constant flow of globe, not kiting necessary(even RD)
4. Simple and easy to use.

** I do this MP5 with 0 LS, 0 LOH, 250 life regen while watchign tv **
Edited by Ket#1747 on 12/18/2012 3:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
Ok Ket. Posted this build up. Thanks for enlightening us less speedy WDs on the fine art of speed running.
Reply Quote
Word, thanks for adding them to your list and compiling the different builds. Take care.
Reply Quote
Added another speed build, Blitz Para Exp Build.

Keep them coming.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#fYUdXT!TYe!cYaYZa

Go for max intel / dps = enough to 1 shot mp0 without cc and cd

rest = vit / armor / life after kill or health globe bonus for survivability

Will get you mp0 in cains set + leoric on follower and yourself up to 100 mil exp / hr

=Requirements=
dps = 70k dps unbuff with cains (all intel/ dps/ attack speed)
armor = 2700
hp = 35k
life regen = 200
health globe bonus = 3k

the next best thing would be life after kill (could possibly replace health glob bonus) whenever u can get it, although at my level its not neccesarry.

pets kill unleft trash,

=route=
arreat crater 2 (clear)
keep depths level 2
rakkis crossing

** Yes that route for wd is much more efficent for exp than alkaiser. Credited to ChuckNorris.

Quick question: I'm at work and I don't have time to test it out myself. But the main reason for Arreat Core and TotD1 is for the NV stacks.

I would think if you are just getting the 5 stacks in AC2 you're wasting all those dense mobs.

Or does the speed of this run > then the 2-3 minutes you are spending to get the 5 stacks of NV from AC and totd1?

Thanks.
Reply Quote
Oh I didn't see the MP5-7. Is that why?
Reply Quote
Oh you do have one, I made a post linking the EU sticky, may I suggest e-mailing the mods that helps also I will sticky request this, good luck.
Reply Quote
@ Recount. You just have to test it for yourself.

The stacks in core totd are gained just as fast in arreat core 2, plus the mob density is greater. test the run. me and chucknorris have tested both alkaizer and this route numerous times. alkaizer yeilds averaged 75 mil exp/hr while this route yields averaged 90mil exp/hr. Chucknorris is workin on a 100 mil exp/hr vid.
Edited by Ket#1747 on 12/19/2012 9:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
@ Ket

As far as getting the stacks of NV, yes I do know you can achieve the stack as fast as core and totd in ac2. But are you not wasting exp when you start AC2 because you don't have the 5 stacks?

I guess you are right, I would have to test this out myself.

Thank you for your reply.
Reply Quote
@ recount,

Lemme know what u find. There is a checkpoint inside tower of cursed (on the stairs into ac2)
Reply Quote
Ok so last night I follow the same build and run.

I didn't have much time so I was only able to do a 1 hour run.

The alkaiser run nets me 60-70M, 72M was my record, per hour.

With the run you suggested I got 58M in the one hour I ran.

I might be doing something wrong or maybe I'm just not use to it. I will try it for a couple more hours this week and see what I get.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]