Diablo® III

Leg's from dead guards/weap rack/mini bosses?

Pretty sure they stopped allowing legendary items to drop from weapon racks, but how about skeletons and mini bosses (purple)

Just wondering because to my surprise today I found a Zuni's Trail from a REGULAR chest today; and I was quite surprised. I had all but doubted I would ever find a legendary from a regular chest, let alone a set item.

What was funny is I found a IK Triumph off a white trash mob shortly thereafter, which I almost missed because I didn't hear the ping, and only saw the light column. The next run I hit the keywarden (mp0, act 3) and got the key to drop and a warmonger. What were the odds of that? Had some crazy luck after a few day dry spell.

Anyway, whats peoples experience on this?

Found leg's from Goblins, Resplendent Chests and Key Wardens. Haven't gotten one from a main boss yet, but know its common.
Edited by toast#1503 on 12/9/2012 2:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
Funny you should mention this...

80% of all my legendary finds are off Weapon/Armor Racks and Skeletons.

Got Azmodan to drop a Leg once though!
Edited by Montus#1499 on 12/9/2012 1:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
Those mini bosses which you speak of, yes they do drop legendaries,sets but I'm not quite sure what are the rates. Gotten a couple of them from Festering Woods, Keeps 1, and Rakkis Crossing events.
Chests do drop too but I believe it's at a very low rate.
Reply Quote
Funny you should mention this...

80% of all my legendary finds are off Weapon/Armor Racks and Skeletons.

How is that even possible? Sarcasim?

Those mini bosses which you speak of, yes they do drop legendaries,sets but I'm not quite sure what are the rates. Gotten a couple of them from Festering Woods, Keeps 1, and Rakkis Crossing events.
Chests do drop too but I believe it's at a very low rate.

As I stated above, I got a legendary set item from a regular chest (Zuni's Trail). Done that Rakkis Crossing event so many times that I thought I would see a leg drop if it was possible. But I'll keep at it.
Reply Quote

No. I'm 100% Serious. I've found most of my leg's in Act I, either Defiled Crypts or Cursed Hold.
Reply Quote
I thought they changed armor racks from being able to drop leg's due to people exploiting them and doing chest/rack only runs? I still click on them but often just get a gray item.
Reply Quote
Any blue documentation? They might've nerfed it, but it still occurs as far as I'm aware. Though I can't really recall the last time I found one on a rack. I find them on Skeletons daily.

If it's anything like the jars of ashes though, I definitely still get items out of those even though they were "reduced to only dropping small amounts of gold".
Reply Quote
I have gotten legend from normal and big chests, weapon and armor racks, bone piles and barrels in act 3, major bosses, white mobs, elites and goblins.

Haven't gotten a single one from mini(purple) mobs. I believe it is just because they are the rarest mob out there, so you're less likely to see a legend from them. Same with mini quest NPCs that drops one item after you resecue them, they are so rare even if they had the same drop rate as everything else, you're very unlikely to find one from them.

Also I believe there's no such thing as legend drop rate, it is directly tied to your magic find rate. First they determine if an item will drop, if it rolled positive, then it rolls if it will be upgraded to a white, to a blue, to a yellow, to an orange, and finally to a green.

So anything that is able to drop an item is able to drop an legend/set.

Edit: They did not disable legends from dropping from racks or chests, they just adjusted them to drop mostly grays, which in turn make it a lot harder to upgrade to legend. Also the fact they are not affected by MF since a long time ago.

Edit2: Oh and I have always wondered, has anyone found legends from hitting(not killing) a goblin? I have got some blues and rares this way, but haven't seen a legend yet, not sure if it is possible.
Edited by izanami#1553 on 12/9/2012 2:34 AM PST
Reply Quote

No. I'm 100% Serious. I've found most of my leg's in Act I, either Defiled Crypts or Cursed Hold.

+11111!11one

Last night, I warped to the old ruins to do a quick Whimsy after the KW. Killed 1 trash zombie that was right beside the warp: Legendary Bracers.
Reply Quote
Any blue documentation? They might've nerfed it, but it still occurs as far as I'm aware. Though I can't really recall the last time I found one on a rack. I find them on Skeletons daily.

If it's anything like the jars of ashes though, I definitely still get items out of those even though they were "reduced to only dropping small amounts of gold".

Ok I think I worded it wrong. I meant dead guardsmens/skeletons (un-animated)/cocoons/bone piles ect.
Reply Quote
I have gotten legend from normal and big chests, weapon and armor racks, bone piles and barrels in act 3, major bosses, white mobs, elites and goblins.

Haven't gotten a single one from mini(purple) mobs. I believe it is just because they are the rarest mob out there, so you're less likely to see a legend from them. Same with mini quest NPCs that drops one item after you resecue them, they are so rare even if they had the same drop rate as everything else, you're very unlikely to find one from them.

Now were all of these things post 1.05 patch? Should have specified in the forum title.

Also I believe there's no such thing as legend drop rate, it is directly tied to your magic find rate. First they determine if an item will drop, if it rolled positive, then it rolls if it will be upgraded to a white, to a blue, to a yellow, to an orange, and finally to a green.

Edit: They did not disable legends from dropping from racks or chests, they just adjusted them to drop mostly grays, which in turn make it a lot harder to upgrade to legend. Also the fact they are not affected by MF since a long time ago.

Edit2: Oh and I have always wondered, has anyone found legends from hitting(not killing) a goblin? I have got some blues and rares this way, but haven't seen a legend yet, not sure if it is possible.

I never see anything but gold drop from goblins that aren't attacked anymore. I used to, but now its just gold. Heard of people finding items though, but prior to 1.05
Reply Quote
12/09/2012 02:43 AMPosted by toast
Ok I think I worded it wrong. I meant dead guardsmens/skeletons (un-animated)/cocoons/bone piles ect.

Ahhh. I see. A few off Dead Guardsmen, too, yes. Not much out of the others. I've heard that clank in some really weird spots/situations. But it's basically this:

Reply Quote
I once got a butchers sickle from a regular chest, a sever from the anvil of sin event, a compass rose tossed as a goblin ran, not as it died, and a burning axe from a purple event mob on rakkis.

My first ever leg was an empyrean(sp?) spear from SB
Reply Quote
I once got a butchers sickle from a regular chest, a sever from the anvil of sin event, a compass rose tossed as a goblin ran, not as it died, and a burning axe from a purple event mob on rakkis.

My first ever leg was an empyrean(sp?) spear from SB

Good memory for being so hazy hah. And thanks for the confirmation.
Reply Quote
I dropped a legendary plan (forget even what it was) after destroying pots in act4. Also found a legendary axe from a stack of rocks in act2 oasis.

All post 1.05 release.
Reply Quote

Now were all of these things post 1.05 patch? Should have specified in the forum title.

I never see anything but gold drop from goblins that aren't attacked anymore. I used to, but now its just gold. Heard of people finding items though, but prior to 1.05

Yes, all post 1.05

95% of my legends are post 1.05
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]