Diablo® III

1.07 patch

99% sure its coming on tuedsay!! its been 55~ days since 1.05 (last big upgrade) each decent content update is usually within 2 months , always landing on tuesday.

http://www.diablofans.com/blizz-tracker/topic/247555-scheduled-game-maintenance-12-11-2012/
Edited by coco#1138 on 12/9/2012 4:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
And each decent content update is backed up by at least two weeks of blog posts explaining the new content and changes.
Reply Quote
the maint takes 10 hours...... wonder what they doing....... maybe they just wanna mop the floor in the server rooms.
Reply Quote
Let's hope so! It was true for patch 1.05(1.06 was just a small bug fix) I wonder if they will nerf OWE and buff the other monk passives in 1.07 so monks can be balanced and not have OWE be mandatory anymore. Of course this means alot of monks will need to change some of their gear.
Reply Quote
Frequently, long server maintenance can mean large changes for a different Blizzard game.

I would be extremely surprised if they released a major D3 patch with no PTR testing and no explanation from the design team regarding the content prior to release.
Reply Quote
Frequently, long server maintenance can mean large changes for a different Blizzard game.

I would be extremely surprised if they released a major D3 patch with no PTR testing and no explanation from the design team regarding the content prior to release.

It could be a minor patch like 1.06 but with a few tweaks to class balancing, including the nerf of OWE and buff of other monk passives.
Reply Quote

It could be a minor patch like 1.06 but with a few tweaks to class balancing, including the nerf of OWE and buff of other monk passives.

Nerfing OWE would be a pretty major change to most monks.
Reply Quote

They know how much OWE is used by an extremely large majority of players, They aren't going to just nerf it in a patch they have released no prior info on. despite what some forum users would like to believe Blizzard aren't that soulless and out of touch.

IF they nerf OWE it will come at the same time as an across the board make over (or a bunch of other changes) for the Monk class. (which they have hinted on doing in the past).
Reply Quote

Get out of here they're not nerfing OWE.
Reply Quote
Maybe they'll just add something for Christmas so we have something to look at untill patch 1.0.7 is ready or maybe they are just gonna drink some coffee and eat some cakes in that 10 hours :D
Reply Quote

IF they nerf OWE it will come at the same time as an across the board make over (or a bunch of other changes) for the Monk class. (which they have hinted on doing in the past).

Yup, I don't expect OWE to be nerfed without having several other passives buffed so you can be given a choice to either stick with a weaker OWE or switch to another passive that could be equal or slightly better than OWE for your build, perhaps a passive that boosts your crit damage or attack speed. You may have to regear away from +one resist if you give up OWE. I am already seeing a small percentage of monks doing just that ahead of the OWE nerf.
Reply Quote
99% sure its coming on tuedsay!! its been 55~ days since 1.05 (last big upgrade) each decent content update is usually within 2 months , always landing on tuesday.

http://www.diablofans.com/blizz-tracker/topic/247555-scheduled-game-maintenance-12-11-2012/

Didn't 1.06 just come out last week?

If they were releasing 1.07, and it was a big patch, there would be blog posts about it.

I am 99% sure it's not coming on Tuesday.
Reply Quote

Yup, I don't expect OWE to be nerfed without having several other passives buffed so you can be given a choice to either stick with a weaker OWE or switch to another passive that could be equal or slightly better than OWE for your build, perhaps a passive that boosts your crit damage or attack speed. You may have to regear away from +one resist if you give up OWE. I am already seeing a small percentage of monks doing just that ahead of the OWE nerf.

and this is from a noob player does not know how important OWE is. shut your mouth before you know how the game works!!
Reply Quote
I BET THEY'RE JUST DOING SOME MAINTENANCE GUISE.
Reply Quote
12/09/2012 10:24 AMPosted by Ace
Let's hope so! It was true for patch 1.05(1.06 was just a small bug fix) I wonder if they will nerf OWE and buff the other monk passives in 1.07 so monks can be balanced and not have OWE be mandatory anymore. Of course this means alot of monks will need to change some of their gear.

Nerfing OWE will never happen. They already basically did that with the Inna's set, notice how you can only get one type of resist in the items except for the helm. It would already limit the Monk's resists. Also they already nerfed STI (Seize the Initiative) to compensate for the OWE. basically if you stack more res gaining the advantage of using OWE, you'll get bigger diminishing returns due to the nerf in our armor. At least that's how I see it.
Reply Quote
One without everything
Reply Quote

and this is from a noob player does not know how important OWE is. shut your mouth before you know how the game works!!

Blues have already confirmed they don't like it that OWE is mandatory so it needs to be nerfed. Yes OWE is important but if other passives are properly buffed, they could be a good alternative to the (now weaker) OWE.
Reply Quote

Blues have already confirmed they don't like it that OWE is mandatory so it needs to be nerfed. Yes OWE is important but if other passives are properly buffed, they could be a good alternative to the (now weaker) OWE.

They have ALSO confirmed that if they change the skill they will do so in a way that does not invalidate monks' gear.

... so now what?

edit for quote:
The strongest monk defensive skill is One With Everything. We've mentioned it before and it bears repeating - this is something we would like to fix someday, but we're going to take our time. Changes to One With Everything heavily impact existing monk gear. We still plan on addressing this in the future but will do so in a way that does not invalidate the gear monks have invested in.
Edited by Piffle#1874 on 12/10/2012 2:45 PM PST
Reply Quote

They have ALSO confirmed that if they change the skill they will do so in a way that does not invalidate monks' gear.

... so now what?
Reply Quote

... so now what?

edit for quote:
The strongest monk defensive skill is One With Everything. We've mentioned it before and it bears repeating - this is something we would like to fix someday, but we're going to take our time. Changes to One With Everything heavily impact existing monk gear. We still plan on addressing this in the future but will do so in a way that does not invalidate the gear monks have invested in.

know this, every pactch and every change they made is based on economic consideration. they need to consider the time spent and the benefit they get from it. yes, blue said they dont like OWE to be a mandatory passaive and they said they'd like to change this
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]