Diablo® III

Anyone watching the VGAs?

12/08/2012 11:07 PMPosted by Triphex
the game still feels fun when you aren't on inferno yet MitkaFyodor#1572 maybe they should have made it take 12 months to grind to 60 and we'd all still be having fun.

Oh man, could you IMAGINE how let down you'd feel when you finally got inferno unlocked?
Reply Quote
28 Undead Warlock
@ Darqniss

Why do you play wow you !@#$?

Why would you spell the insult so it would get banned? I'm all for a good mystery but I prefer a proper slap in the face. Next time try this: "Why do you play wow? You neophyte!"
Reply Quote
@ the5rites
Metal Gear Ground Zeros is the next Metal Gear game(and I'm really looking forward to it). If you can find the footage of where Snake is sneaking along the side of a compound to rescue some 1, check it out. It looks amazing. The next 1 with Raiden being some cyborg ninja I'm not even considering being a "Metal Gear". It's just weird.
The Last of Us is going to be totally awesome along with South Park rpg, Tomb Raider, Grand Theft Auto 5, Beyond, Splinter Cell blacklist, Uncharted 4(possible 2013 release), Dark Souls 2, Castlevania LoS2, God of War ascension, not to mention all of the 1st person shooter games and add ons that they are coming out with(not a fan of 1st person shooters here :/). The list goes on and on. You think this game is dead now?....
Sooo Blizzard. You might wanna pick up and do something quick with this game because the snowball effect of great games are coming out as early as March. That's just a few months away.
As of right now it's just monotonous. Yes, I know it's a farming game. But it should be a farming/pvp game by now. I still enjoy it. I think it's a great game but it just feels like it's missing chunks of what could be. You've got a great design team Blizz. Time to put them to the test and fast.

Oh and congrats on being a PC fav according to the VGA's.
Edited by Jinx#1472 on 12/9/2012 11:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
Nope, was that yesterday I missed it.. oops.

What's that? D3 = no awards!? NO DUH! When the president of the company has to come apologize, and then the developers have to come apologize... for releasing a crap game.. what's to be expected? Don't kid yourselves people.

Diablo 3s glass is half empty okay, there is no other way to look at it (unless you're an total newb // paid to lie about it.) Yes, I do believe the moderators who post about how much they love this game are full of crap. Maybe if they actually PLAYED the game, instead of just loving game nerds in general, they would understand its level of shortness. Fact is, if they agreed with you about this 'n that they probably wouldn't have a job anymore due to what's the word... per sa veer ence?

Hang in there? Have faith? The game is wonderful if you don't play it 24/7? What kinda stuff you guys been smoking I played diablo 2 every single day ATLEAST 6 hours for over 365 days out of the year for 3 - 4 years straight. That is a world of a difference from , '' I beat it in the first couple months " Sure, I beat D2 in the first week.. but the fun // reason to keep playing didn't stop there.
Edited by MANTiC0R3#1342 on 12/9/2012 12:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
Soooo fishy. How is this in the most popular threads list? Blizzard is tampering with it obviously. Why? Are they that interested in us watching the VGA? Are they expecting a win to shut up all the haters?
Reply Quote
View profile
Op here , i watched it and it was a pretty good award show. Shortly after making this thread ... the D3 forums died for a day or so and this was stuck at the top. This years VGAs wasn't nearly as obnoxious as previous years and they brought a little class to the event. The orchestra segment was unbelievable and the exclusives were cool. Overall it was more mature this year but still alot of fun. They did a good job.
Reply Quote
lol
Reply Quote
View profile
12/09/2012 02:01 PMPosted by gooddaytodie
How the list on Forums is determined is that the most recent comment from ANYONE on an thread gets moved to the top. so if no one comments on anything the list will never change. it goes from newest comment at being #1 to the last comment at the bottom like #30. has nothing to do with content or anything like that. simply put, if it stays where it is, it means no one is commenting on any threads.

I made this thread during the begining of the award show thinking other players were watching it and we all could comment live and react to it. I was hoping there would be a blizzard announcement or atleast an interview with Jay since he was at the show and D3 was nominated a few times. Regardless, minutes after creating this thread, the forums here literally died and everyone was getting errors trying to post. The threads were frozen for about a day and this was stuck towards the top.
Reply Quote
12/09/2012 01:17 PMPosted by JackNimble
Soooo fishy. How is this in the most popular threads list? Blizzard is tampering with it obviously. Why? Are they that interested in us watching the VGA? Are they expecting a win to shut up all the haters?

12/09/2012 02:01 PMPosted by gooddaytodie
How the list on Forums is determined is that the most recent comment from ANYONE on an thread gets moved to the top. so if no one comments on anything the list will never change. it goes from newest comment at being #1 to the last comment at the bottom like #30. has nothing to do with content or anything like that. simply put, if it stays where it is, it means no one is commenting on any threads.

It's on the most popular thread list because when the forums were down for 24 hours this thread was near the top of the list and got a million views, which is what determines which threads are 'popular'.
Edited by Iskra#1389 on 12/9/2012 2:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
ME3 absolutely deserved to win. That game was an emotional roller coaster. I haven't played X-Com so I really can't say much... a friend of mine on Steam seems to be glued to it here lately.

Walking Dead surprises me. There was a "GOTY thread" over at Escapist the other day and ALOT of people were saying Walking Dead was their personal game of the year. I bought the first two epi's and, while fun, I didn't feel GOTY material. The story was great and and engaging but the gameplay was pretty flat.

I'd say ME3 is my GOTY. Fun to play, a nice little multiplayer to toy with for a little bit, and a stellar, emotional story.

As for D3, I've stated in other threads: fun game, addicting game, but not really revolutionary. Blizzard is stuck in sequel mode. I'd love to see them innovate again.
Reply Quote
im so grateful because i will get to play Dark Souls 2 in my life.
Reply Quote
12/08/2012 07:29 PMPosted by Fayld
Honestly, I am glad they haven't won anything. A game that should have been incredible ruined by greed, poor game design, and failed mechanics. Seriously, who comes up with a game where you can't dodge, need insane gear to beat the content, and adds in load outs instead of skill trees? Oh, that's right. A company that wanted to make bank with an "experimental" real money auction house.

So... you're still posting here because...?
Reply Quote
It got what it deserved.

Congratz blizavison maybe now you will take note and stop pretending the game is a winner among games.Big miss is what you got here and the rmah sure helped you fail.

Enjoy : )
Reply Quote
Halflife 2, game of the decade, i can die happy
Reply Quote
View profile
12/10/2012 01:12 PMPosted by Leviathan23
Halflife 2, game of the decade, i can die happy

I cheered a little when the G Man started talking. Amazing game. The ending to the episodes was such a ... bah, don't wanna spoil it for anyone. Anyways, it deserved it.

They interviewed Valve after the award and I was expecting the inevitable "Where the #$%^ is the next HL game?!" but they didn't ask. I don't think Gabe was allowed to talk either as much of the pr was handled by other members of the team.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]