Diablo® III

Buying brimstones...question

So I want to sell my 3 brimstones (last 3 legendaries...typical)
I put them up...12K..that's not right!
I only just checked prices, and they were still the 35-40k mark...
Relist..nope, 10k now...?
dafuk?

Check sell price again...
last 10 transactions...12k
current price 39k
?>?
Why can't I sell at the current buy price, OR buy at the current sell price...?

I'm confused how this system works..yes I know I can SET my price to be whatever I want, but if I up the price suggested, they sit on sale for 2 days...

Thoughts?
Edited by Yxalitis#1645 on 12/9/2012 12:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
You can cancel the auction whenever you want... just start high and lower the price until they sell.

OR buy at the current sell price...?

I just bought 20m worth earlier tonight, the price of the average last ten trades was fluctuating between 17k and 34k about every 30 seconds. I kept resetting the search every 2 seconds or so, watching the price rise and fall. After buying a couple batches, it seemed like there was about a 15 second delay on the average price shown so I waited until the price was at a high and as soon as it hit the mid-way point on it's way back down i hit the buyout button and got the rest for about 19k
Reply Quote
I dont understand it either.
I have been watching the average last 10 trades fluctuate betwen 17k - 30k all evening. However it will only allow me to buy brimstones at 40k. I want to buy those 17k brimestones. How does this system work, if I can't buy the lowest price brimstones?

I have been constantly hitting the search button every second, hoping the buyout price to be those low average prices.
Reply Quote
It's easier to start to look at this from the buying perspective: When you buy mats, you pay the Current Price up front, and are refunded the difference between the Last 10 Trades price.

Current Price - Last 10 Trades = Refund

So technically, you're only paying the Last 10 Trades price, but it goes through the extra math.

That being said, you can look at Current Price as being the daily average (before it actually becomes "Average Last Day Of Trades", while Last 10 Trades is obviously a more current price.

The cheapest listed mats always go first. This drops the Last 10 trades price. And as the first reply above indicates, you can make a profit by watching prices drop and fall, purchasing when the Last 10 Trade price is low, and then reselling when it rises again.

When selling mats, it's important to watch the Last 10 Trade Price to know whether or not your mats will sell. Your auctions automatically list for the Last 10 Trade Price, but sometimes you can make more profit. Your mats will sit in your auction list for an extended time if you list them for the Current Sell price (or higher) while the Last 10 Trades Price is lower. This means that people are dropping their prices to sell their mats faster. Eventually your mats may sell, but you'll be waiting for the Last 10 Trades price to match or surpass what you listed them for.

To sell mats immediately, list them for around the Last 10 Trades price (unless it's retarded low), or for higher profit, slightly lower than Current Price. Keep refreshing your searches for the mats you're trying to sell before you sell them to come up with a reasonable balance between profit and auction time.

While writing this I'm also looking at the prices of Brimstone...

Currently Price Per Unit is 39K, but after refreshing a few times, I can tell you you won't get anywhere near that. In the last few minutes I've seen the Last 10 Trade price jump between ~12K with a peak of around ~30K and it seems to be hovering occasionally between ~20-25K.

Using this info, determine what would work best for you. You could definitely sell them for 15K-20K, probably within seconds. But because both the Current Price (39K) and Average Last Day (33K) are in a higher range, you could probably make a bit more profit with a longer auction time. Listing them for 30K-35K would probably work. Though the sale might not be as immediate, your profits do increase.

I've noticed through my flipping that prices go haywire at night and even out during the morning-afternoon. So don't be discouraged if something doesn't sell right away. But if something's not selling at all, you definitely need to drop your prices.
Edited by Montus#1499 on 12/9/2012 1:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
I dont understand it either.
I have been watching the average last 10 trades fluctuate betwen 17k - 30k all evening. However it will only allow me to buy brimstones at 40k. I want to buy those 17k brimestones. How does this system work, if I can't buy the lowest price brimstones?

I have been constantly hitting the search button every second, hoping the buyout price to be those low average prices.

Like I said above, you will always pay the lowest price, however you have to pay the "Current Price" up front.

I.E. If you're seeing Brimstone for 17K Last 10 Average, you will pay 40K up front per Brimstone, but in your Completed tab, you should see Brimstone + 23K refund.
Reply Quote
12/09/2012 02:53 AMPosted by Lucky
LOL at people actually thinking they're going to make money off brimstones. Try and imagine how many brimstones are actually out there since the change in legendary drop rate. All this hype is just bs to artificially inflate the price. You think people would remember last time.
With crafting as useless as it is, I'm surprised people even buy them. However, applying these concepts to trading gems has yielded me quite a few gold coins.
Reply Quote
Actually...seems no one noticed this. I am very sure there is some team out there manipulating the prices. Try buying 1 brim every 5 sec. You will see that some one out there is periodically dishing out brims priced at 100g. And then suddenly you get pricing it again at 34000g.

That someone out there is trying to push down the ave price but putting 100g brims is....well.....manipulation at its best.

I suspect there are two systems where one team sells a batch at 100g and another snaps it up quickly so the prices fall. Then people like us sell it at a discount unwittingly and they snap that up (~excess 10% snap). Something like that...
Reply Quote
Ignoring the "Blizzard price", you can put your brimstones at any price you want.

Someone is trying to reduce the average price of last 10 trades. Maybe they want to make people who are seeing the current high price still keep buying brimstone and hope for a nice return.

In the past, when the brimstone price is around 100K, I bought one at 50 gold only.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]