Diablo® III

Wizard with Shields

I need a Wizard with a Shield on their D3 profile. I can't find anyone. Anyone rocking the shield please post here. This is for my EHP / DPS Calc, trying to fix shield formulas.
Reply Quote
My Templar is using my shield that I used when I was terrible, back when inferno was hard. Unfortunately I don't have it on my Wiz though.
Reply Quote
I put on a stormshield last night and I lost over 50K DPS, lol.

BUT...my EHP, oh mai gah!
Reply Quote
Yeah, I carry one for reflect mobs, but I don't have it on my profile so I can't check it.
Reply Quote
i know there is someone out there running the notorious shield build, anyone?!
Reply Quote
I am nearly at the point where I don't even pick up legendary shields.
Reply Quote
I'll try to find the post again but someone yesterday was asking help with it's DPS and was wearing a shield in the off-hand. (they didn't want to get rid of it for more DPS.. go figure)

Edit found it:
profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/nros09-1295/hero/28703935
Edited by Azliet#1154 on 12/7/2012 7:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
lol, IK helm...wtf
Reply Quote
Pro find, thank you very much!
Reply Quote
lol it was just a weird case that I remembered. Ask for help to raise DPS but don't want to change the 1 thing that is reducing his DPS.
Reply Quote
shield's are so f*ckin useless now coz of inferno nerf , back in the old days when enraged elites are mowing us down we had to resort to shield to be able to survive them. but now? fk tht sht XD
Reply Quote
my hardcore wiz uses a shield
Reply Quote
softcore encourages recklessness and dps, you wont find shield using wiz here except the extreme neophyte.

only hardcore ppl use them, even there, i see less than half of wiz use shield.
Reply Quote
You're a neophyte
Reply Quote
12/07/2012 07:12 AMPosted by Warath
lol, IK helm...wtf

lol

12/07/2012 07:47 AMPosted by Nedo

i wouldnt bother with shield even in hc, cos i think 95+% of ppl die in hardcore due to lag/dc/bug..
Reply Quote
12/07/2012 07:56 AMPosted by aw3s0m0
lol, IK helm...wtf

lol

i wouldnt bother with shield even in hc, cos i think 95+% of ppl die in hardcore due to lag/dc/bug..

Yes, the point of the shield is so you can tank the 10 seconds of idle during a DC needed to have your character leave the game. Already survived one of them!
Reply Quote
12/07/2012 08:04 AMPosted by Nedo
Yes, the point of the shield is so you can tank the 10 seconds of idle during a DC needed to have your character leave the game. Already survived one of them!

i suppose u'd be safer with shield when u dc, however it doesn't improve the survivability in normal situation since it'll take much longer to kill mobs due to less dps, therefore taking more damage from em. n u'll also waste more time cos u'll be farming much slower..

grr i hate hc, wasted ~60hrs n ~100mil cos my lvl11 paragon wd(~59k dps unbuffed, ~390k ehp) died few days ago thanks to some bs bug(never got it b4) followed by dc. at least i wont waste any more time on bs hc so thats good..
Edited by aw3s0m0#1140 on 12/7/2012 8:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
ya im only rockin a shield cuz i dinged 60 last night, just testing the waters until i get better gear...
Reply Quote
12/07/2012 07:04 AMPosted by Maysrill
I am nearly at the point where I don't even pick up legendary shields.

its the rare shields that can actually roll much better wizard stats.

well shields CAN have some useful things for example up to 350vit, 350int, 29block, up to 80 res, looooots of armor, 16% life, 10% crit. but there are also many maaaaaaaaany bad stats and all the good and bad stats roll ranges are sooooooooooo big so the chance of finding the very good one is +- zero. for example: 1 in 11 shields can never have 29 block which can be told even before IDing

i have shield. EU. havent bothered switching and dont really know whats a good oh. maybe you here can recommend something as i have no idea what to get. i'd like a shield with 29block, 300+ vit 300+ int, and some high roll of life% and/or crit and/or ar for example. but no way i find that in the ah, the never drop to any1 just see. so do any1 know what ohs are best? :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]