Diablo® III

hit the gear ceiling, looking for advice

the only material change i can think of is weapon, ammy and pox ring.

can the wise doctors give me some pointers? i probably missed something.

one condition, i don't want to lose any material ehp to gain dps.

sry, guys, forgot to mention, i also want to keep 3 piece of PR, and 2 piece of extra hp.

my goal is mf farming at the highest efficiency at the highest possible mp level.

i am set on 2h. that's my prefered style.
Edited by Nerzaa#1863 on 12/7/2012 8:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
you can replace

Tal Neck: Poison resist for Avg DMG, or a socket for more int, or int+VIT roll
Gloves: Tasker and Theo, or a better crit/ias or crit/ias/crit dmg gloves
belt: witching hour
Shoulders: Higher Int
bracerS: higher crit chance/AR instead of physical Res or Nice IntVitArmor/IntVitAR + Crit Lacuni Prowlers or Strongarm Bracers.
Reply Quote
thanks. good point on avg dmg on ammy. i will look for that.

belt, my cc is low; inna is better for me. plus it synergy with +avg dmg.

bracer, i tried strongram, it can't roll PR if i want to maintain the same vit benefit.
Edited by Nerzaa#1863 on 12/7/2012 7:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
You're at the point where upgrades are going to be expensive. I would start with a Witching hour. All of your jewelry can be improved, get higher stats on your Zuni chest/boots, I would swap your Pants/Bracers for a nice Lacuni's and one of Depth Diggers/Blackthorne's or a well rolled rare. Make sure to get really high stats on the pants.

If you're going to stick with that slow 2h, Attack speed isn't a terrible stat to get. Try increasing your Crit chance wherever possible since you don't have the luxury of a Mojo.
Reply Quote
boots: Find a better int/vit zuni roll with AR / armour rolls.

helm: cc zuni helm. With 2 hander you shouldnt need the +mana regen on helm...

ammy: better cc roll and int/vit or avg dmg as other

ring: cc zuni ring with avg dmg (for max dps) or you can look for one with vit/life% for more eHP.

gloves: can roll ias / cd for better dps. A tasker & theo like mine would probably even be a bump for ya. Technically you can find a lot better rare... I just go with Tasker's cause I want to keep everything as legendary / set items.

belt: once you upgrade the above, you will have 9-12 more cc in which case a witching hour would benefit you a lot more than inna's.

bracers: High int/vit rolled strongarm bracers would be better off. Get one with 80+ vit and 9% life and you'll be good. They come with high armour bonus too which will benefit your eHP... plus give you a nice dps boost with a 200+ int option.
Reply Quote
12/07/2012 07:09 AMPosted by Nerzaa
belt, my cc is low; inna is better for me. plus it synergy with +avg dmg.

I just ran it on a DPS calc, A 140int/9% AS/45 Crit dmg WH would give you almost 12k DPS.

Might want to double check that for yourself.
Edited by Mau#1780 on 12/7/2012 7:24 AM PST
Reply Quote

belt: once you upgrade the above, you will have 9-12 more cc in which case a witching hour would benefit you a lot more than inna's.

a witching hour would benefit him alot more than innas right now, i dont know what he was saying really. Even my low witching hour on him is a 7.5k DPS increase over his innas.
Edited by Soundb#1770 on 12/7/2012 7:25 AM PST
Reply Quote

a witching hour would benefit him alot more than innas right now, i dont know what he was saying really. Even my low witching hour on him is a 7.5k DPS increase over his innas.

thanks guys. i understand witching hour would be a big dps increase, but it seems most of the increase will be from the IAS, while the 40-50 cd is almost equvalent to the +% with my high dmg base. i run ptv and adding more ias will likely give me a mana issue. and throw in the set bonus. the benefit of witching seems inmaterial. i won't consider witching.

going depth digger and lucani likely won't work either, since gain in ehp from depth digger will be offset from lose in my current bracer and inna pants. and the need to have PR on one of the piece just makes it so much more difficult.
Reply Quote

thanks guys. i understand witching hour would be a big dps increase, but it seems most of the increase will be from the IAS, while the 40-50 cd is almost equvalent to the +% with my high dmg base. i run ptv and adding more ias will likely give me a mana issue. and throw in the set bonus. the benefit of witching seems inmaterial. i won't consider witching.

going depth digger and lucani likely won't work either, since gain in ehp from depth digger will be offset from lose in my current bracer and inna pants. and the need to have PR on one of the piece just makes it so much more difficult.

i honestly dont understand this crap about people thinking running out of mana is a bad thing. Gaining more IAS will raise your survivability as much as gaining more EHP especially with that horribly slow 0.90 aps weapon you have. Your stutter-step must be painfully slow and cause you to die tons, just due to the fact that your character doesn't react fast enough to actions.

Just a tip, since you seem to be extremely misinformed and are basically taking the whole "ias is bad" crap to a whole new level of bad. You attack at 0.97 aps bro lol.
Edited by Soundb#1770 on 12/7/2012 7:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
@ofgortens

thanks for the input.

helm:
tried it without mana regen, doesn't work with ptv.

ring:
good point. getting one with +extra hp is going to be hard though.

bracers:
it couldn't roll PR while maintain the good stats. i bought a good one before when i was able to get 3 piece pr on other slots. recently got rid of PR on gloves and had to keep it on bracer.
Reply Quote
12/07/2012 07:41 AMPosted by Soundb
Your stutter-step must be painfully slow and cause you to die tons, just due to the fact that your character doesn't react fast enough to actions

I don't stuntter-step. i just stand there blow up everything with sw being refreashed with gi/gf supported by pr and +extra hp from globe. hence the reason why i have to keep 3 piece pr and 2 piece globe.

i will make another video soon to show how to blow up screen full of mobs/elites at ice field on mp6 using my gear/build.

this was my old video running 120k dps and 3000 armor on mp5:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2c4qlQjh-w
Edited by Nerzaa#1863 on 12/7/2012 7:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
Get blackthornes with 250+ vit, like me. They have 20 mf, so you can replace the topaz in your helm with an amethyst, and gain a crap load of hp, giving you room to upgrade dps at a loss of hp in other areas.
Reply Quote
im sorry but any upgrade from here on out gonna cost you 200-800m.

nice rare weapon man, pretty sick roll, I bet you got that for reasonable price too!

i mean if you just want more dps without sacraficing ehp, i dont see why you wouldnt get blackthorne or depth diggers instead of innas. i realize the ias is very good for your dps as a 2h user but i can assure you that you are better off (pre plvl100) without them.

you sure you need the mana regen helm? i also dealt with that question a while back, and I would reconsider investing in one, you can get a 4%cc with 250 at a reasonable price. not sure if that would mess up your build tho, its looking like you use a lot of high costing skills so idk.
Reply Quote
12/07/2012 07:56 AMPosted by Voj
Get blackthornes with 250+ vit, like me. They have 20 mf, so you can replace the topaz in your helm with an amethyst, and gain a crap load of hp, giving you room to upgrade dps at a loss of hp in other areas.

good point. replacing gem will definitely give me more ehp.
Edited by Nerzaa#1863 on 12/7/2012 8:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
Since you seem to have very specific ideas in mind, maybe you should tell us what you are trying to accomplish first. Are you trying to move into higher MP's, or farm the low MP's faster?

Are you set on the 2h? Is 1h/Mojo your eventual goal?
Edited by Mau#1780 on 12/7/2012 8:01 AM PST
Reply Quote

nice rare weapon man, pretty sick roll, I bet you got that for reasonable price too!

i mean if you just want more dps without sacraficing ehp, i dont see why you wouldnt get blackthorne or depth diggers instead of innas. i realize the ias is very good for your dps as a 2h user but i can assure you that you are better off (pre plvl100) without them.

you sure you need the mana regen helm? i also dealt with that question a while back, and I would reconsider investing in one, you can get a 4%cc with 250 at a reasonable price. not sure if that would mess up your build tho, its looking like you use a lot of high costing skills so idk.

thanks man. the weapon was a steal since back then no one even considered them. only thing good was skorn everything else was viewed as crap.

the reason i keep inna is for the ms. seems the losse of vit from lacuni will almost offset the gain on blackthorn/digger. and there is the bonus from inna too.

yea, i thought about the cc helm. it came down to ptv vs 4% cc.
Reply Quote
Since you seem to have very specific ideas in mind, maybe you should tell us what you are trying to accomplish first. Are you trying to move into higher MP's, or farm the low MP's faster?Are you set on the 2h? Is 1h/Mojo your eventual goal?

sry didn't think about it at 1st.

my goal is mf farming with the highest efficiency at the highest possible mp level.

i am set on 2h. that's my prefered style.

i don't play on levels where i can't kill trash in 1-2 hits. right now, that level is mp6.
Edited by Nerzaa#1863 on 12/7/2012 8:22 AM PST
Reply Quote

thanks man. the weapon was a steal since back then no one even considered them. only thing good was skorn everything else was viewed as crap.

the reason i keep inna is for the ms. seems the losse of vit from lacuni will almost offset the gain on blackthorn/digger. and there is the bonus from inna too.

yea, i thought about the cc helm. it came down to ptv vs 4% cc.

yeah thats fine with ptv, i get that, and know exactly what you mean.

i def think a good lacuni + depths/BJM is way to go if you want to push yourself for higher content. if you are that worried about the vit loss you can do a lot of things to offset that.

for instance:

get blackthorn ammy (or BELT) instead of tal rasha/inna.
get a vile with vit and life %.
use life% gem
upgrade current gear to compensate.

in the end i dont think you should be worried about the vit tbh. its prob the last thing to 'work on' once you get comfortable with your setup. for me my gear progression has been about:

dps -> mana -> ra/armor/dex -> vit -> (repeat)

do i do enough dmg?
can i support my spells?
can i survive getting hit?
do i have enough life (aka can i survive 'the big hits')?
Reply Quote
12/07/2012 08:39 AMPosted by SayGa
i def think a good lacuni + depths/BJM is way to go if you want to push yourself for higher content. if you are that worried about the vit loss you can do a lot of things to offset that.

very good insight. i will defintely do more research on this setup. Thanks again!

12/07/2012 08:39 AMPosted by SayGa
do i have enough life (aka can i survive 'the big hits')?

lol on this one. especially the tremor with minions, holy crap, hitting a bunch of them equal instant death. had to kite away and hit only 1 or 2 of them at once, still die a couple of times.
Edited by Nerzaa#1863 on 12/7/2012 8:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
You would gain 12k dps if you equipped my skorn. That might be the cheapest dps upgrade while maintaining your ehp. It cost me 67 mil.

http://www.d3rawr.com/c-J1OOM column 1 is me, 2 is you with my skorn, 3 is you with your mace. I don't use ptv btw.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]