Diablo® III

hit the gear ceiling, looking for advice

You would gain 12k dps if you equipped my skorn. That might be the cheapest dps upgrade while maintaining your ehp. It cost me 67 mil.

http://www.d3rawr.com/c-J1OOM column 1 is me, 2 is you with my skorn, 3 is you with your mace. I don't use ptv btw.

great tool thanks. this one is really accurate. not sure about the true benefit though. non spammble skills would hit for less due to lower dmg range. bears would hit more in terms of dps but at cost of faster mana usage which i can't afford.
Edited by Nerzaa#1863 on 12/7/2012 10:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
What's your fascination with physical resist? I understand the benefit of it... but if you are able to boost your overall eHP as well as your dps... how is that bad to sacrifice some Physical Resist to do that?

i.e. if you switched over to my bracers, you would gain 4500 dps and 8300 eHP. How is that bad again?

Also, if you switched over to my witching hour, your dps would be boosted by 10.6k. Not a bad way to go. I snagged my witching hour for 19 mil.
Reply Quote
i really dont understand this guys reasoning either. Apparently he wants to have the slowest sluggish attack speed ever just so you are able to spam zombie bears without using a primary.

Just because you are able to 'spam' bears because you are slow as sh!t, doesnt mean you are actually doing high DPS FYI.

he's looking for advice but counters everyones advice with his own arguments that make no sense at all.
Edited by Soundb#1770 on 12/7/2012 10:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/07/2012 10:29 AMPosted by ofgortens
i.e. if you switched over to my bracers, you would gain 4500 dps and 8300 eHP. How is that bad again?

i hear you. but the pickup radius is the problem. not the phyical resist... i like everything about strongarm except it can't have pr while maintain the high stats. strongarm was my bracer until i decided to let pr go on my glove.

12/07/2012 10:29 AMPosted by ofgortens
Also, if you switched over to my witching hour, your dps would be boosted by 10.6k. Not a bad way to go. I snagged my witching hour for 19 mil.

dps would go up. but i am crazy about base dmg range and like the idea of running ptv which limits me from adding more ias.
Reply Quote
Average damage is REALLY not a big deal on your jewelry. Your AS is .9. Whatever average you get on your jewelry is going to be multiplied by .9 before being added to your DPS. Your weapon has 1440 DPS. You would need 80 average damage to get a 5% increase in damage. And I don't know that you can get 80 average damage...
Reply Quote
i really dont understand this guys reasoning either. Apparently he wants to have the slowest sluggish attack speed ever just so you are able to spam zombie bears without using a primary.

Just because you are able to 'spam' bears because you are slow as sh!t, doesnt mean you are actually doing high DPS FYI.

he's looking for advice but counters everyones advice with his own arguments that make no sense at all.

No, that's EXACTLY what it means. With his incredibly slow AS, he can keep bears up constantly. His DPS is actually about what it claims, whereas someone using Andy's helm/Innas pants Manajumas and AS items elsewhere will be... Well you're gonna run out of mana REAL quick and your damage is going to go down to nearly a quarter of what it was until you can get mana back for bears.

What I don't understand though, is the skills he's using for speed clears... Something tells me he's not in an MP appropriate for speed clears. Bears aren't terrible, but you should be slaughtering everything with one acid rain...

As for skorn... If you're doing speed runs with bears, higher AS will increase your speed slightly since the animation will be shorter, and you should kill things in one cast anyway...
Reply Quote
Look up diablo progress, follow what the top players are building.

The ceiling is 500k dps with 500k ehp.
Reply Quote
i really dont understand this guys reasoning either. Apparently he wants to have the slowest sluggish attack speed ever just so you are able to spam zombie bears without using a primary. Just because you are able to 'spam' bears because you are slow as sh!t, doesnt mean you are actually doing high DPS FYI.he's looking for advice but counters everyones advice with his own arguments that make no sense at all.

of course i have my own ideas. else i would been wasting my time with 14k kills.

i want to hear other's opinion to see if i have missed something.

so far, sayga has provided the most helpful comments. you did have a good point on my ammy. but quality of ur comments just went downhill from there on.

i am going to spell it out for you. u don't understand the concept of base dmg. dps is good if you can support it. else it's just paper dps. to maximize the usage of soul harvest and dead rush, you will want to the highest base dmg possible. it's not about running slow, it just happens the slow weapon has the highest dmg range.

i will be making another video soon which shows my actual dps, measured by how fast i clear screen full mobs/elites at mp6. at that point, you will realize dps alone isn't the end measurement, you will need to add build consideration to it.
Reply Quote

No, that's EXACTLY what it means. With his incredibly slow AS, he can keep bears up constantly. His DPS is actually about what it claims, whereas someone using Andy's helm/Innas pants Manajumas and AS items elsewhere will be... Well you're gonna run out of mana REAL quick and your damage is going to go down to nearly a quarter of what it was until you can get mana back for bears.

What I don't understand though, is the skills he's using for speed clears... Something tells me he's not in an MP appropriate for speed clears. Bears aren't terrible, but you should be slaughtering everything with one acid rain...

As for skorn... If you're doing speed runs with bears, higher AS will increase your speed slightly since the animation will be shorter, and you should kill things in one cast anyway...

like i said before, people take it too far into the extremes, just cuz you are able to cast bears 100% of the time because of your super slow attack speed, does not mean you do more DPS than people who run out of mana.

His DPS is actually about what it claims

that is also a false statement, because the character sheet DPS has nothing to do with what skills you use or passives. the character sheet DPS is your DPS while you are just white swinging melee basic attacks, it has nothign to do with scaling with abilities, and has nothing to do with mana.
Edited by Soundb#1770 on 12/7/2012 10:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
I am suggesting that the ceiling is nowhere reached.

Even if you want to stick with identical gears, there are 1000s of identical gear out there with better rolls (for reasonable prices). Just pointing out the reality.
Reply Quote
Look up diablo progress.

stopped reading here.
Edited by Nerzaa#1863 on 12/7/2012 11:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
I am suggesting that the ceiling is nowhere reached.

Even if you want to stick with identical gears, there are 1000s of identical gear out there with better rolls (for reasonable prices). Just pointing out the reality.

we play different games.

you play diabloprogress.com

i play diablo 3.
Reply Quote
Well, if you think you had reached end game, why are you asking for advice? If you need validation, use a measuring tape.
Reply Quote
Nerzaa, maybe post up a more recent vid so we can get a sense of how quickly you clear things now. That old vid won't help because that clear speed of mp5 was very slow, so won't be a good indicator of where you are now.
Reply Quote
DUH Get a 1h/mojo.. lol jk

You have a TON of room for improvement.. You don't have a single piece of gear that can't be replaced with a better version of it's self. (i don't think any of us do)

Your shoulders for example you can get those with higher int, and keep vit or life % and still keep the PUR.

You can get CC on your helm, does that tiny bit of MR really help? You are using a slow 2h. If it does, ok I've seen that same helm with 30+ more int. So still room there.

You can get 6% on your amulet, well over 200 vit, and 10% CC.

Braces could be way better. Could have higher int, and the same vit, armour, ar, more pur, 6cc, or the same with lacunis.

Again gloves no cd, you can get AR, so much room here.

Drop the belt, get a witching hour, then drop pants get some rares, blackthornes, or depth diggers (not worth the $$ imop).

Your boots can 190 int, 160-170 vit easily and still keep the PUR.

Your chest has a ton of room for improvement. Does that health globe really help? You can get armour on it, or PUR and drop pur from another piece of gear....the same goes for your pox.

And obviously you can get a much better 2h weapon with all the same stats and a socket, or close enough that the extra 100 CD makes up for the avg damage hit.

I bet you could complete rebuild your entire set with more int, vit, armour, and everywhere you have a specific damage resistance replace it with AR and you'd world ahead. I try to re-evaluate / re-arrange my spec once a week. Always looking at how if I change X, it will let me swap Y for something better.... ...and that's with out even talking about improvement from IAS. As I know how you feel about it ;)
Edited by Brahm#1943 on 12/7/2012 12:39 PM PST
Reply Quote

Yah, that's nerzaa, but I offer my suggestions non-the less. He is on the extreme side for his opinions on AS. He doesn't believe that you can RUN any AS at all and still spam bears, and thinks single hit avg damage is the end all be all. He just needs to do some runs with me see how my locust spec works, or try VQ. But he is to stubborn. He loves to argue, completely destroyed a few topics of mine by trolling. Typical first year college kid.
Edited by Brahm#1943 on 12/7/2012 12:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
Look up diablo progress, follow what the top players are building.

The ceiling is 500k dps with 500k ehp.

dumbest. advice. ever.

lemming sydrome at its best.

KC, you do realize that following what you did is the surest way to waste all your gold, right?

nice glass cannon doc though, but where's your mempo at, kid?

ps - WHO NEEDS MANA REGEN ANYWAYS...
Reply Quote
12/07/2012 12:24 PMPosted by Brahm
thinks single hit avg damage is the end all be all. He just needs to do some runs with me see how my locust spec works, or try VQ. But he is to stubborn. He loves to argue, completely destroyed a few topics of mine by trolling. Typical first year college kid

ha? :) when did i ever do that. thought always kept my opinion short and most of the time only making the same comment once to the same person.

you are right, avg dmg is end all be all to me. why shouldn't it be, that's what the passive GI tells me.

thanks for ur suggestions though. it's the reason i made this topic, to listen to other's opinions.
Edited by Nerzaa#1863 on 12/7/2012 1:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/07/2012 10:36 AMPosted by Nerzaa
i hear you. but the pickup radius is the problem. not the phyical resist... i like everything about strongarm except it can't have pr while maintain the high stats. strongarm was my bracer until i decided to let pr go on my glove.

ah so you are obsessed with PUR... not PR. PR = Physical Resist... PUR = Pick Up Radius. I thought you were obsessing about the physical resist on your bracers that you 'could not give up'.

That being said... I run a 1hand + mojo with 1.74 aps as a bear user. I go OOM on occasion to toss some spiders and bet I can clear any MP level faster than you with your 'unlimited bear spam' of .9 aps. Just saying..

Also... running a witching hour that gives you 8% ias will put your aps from .9 to .972... hardy a large bump in attack speed. I bet you can still 'spam bears forever' with that slow attack speed. At least you have time to eat, drink, pee, and poop in between bear casts with the time it takes your animation to cast the bears. That's gotta be a huge benefit. ;P
Reply Quote
12/07/2012 12:52 PMPosted by ofgortens
Also... running a witching hour that gives you 8% ias will put your aps from .9 to .972... hardy a large bump in attack speed. I bet you can still 'spam bears forever' with that slow attack speed. At least you have time to eat, drink, pee, and poop in between bear casts with the time it takes your animation to cast the bears. That's gotta be a huge benefit. ;P

lol. u misunderstood my situation.

hitting fast is nice. but probably not at cost of losing the 8% base dmg boost from inna for me. as u can see, i run a high dmg range mace and 3 piece +% base dmg, which makes my non spammble skills, vengeful spirit and dead rush hits much harder. and ptv also limits me from using more mana.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]