Diablo® III

hit the gear ceiling, looking for advice

lol. u misunderstood my situation.

hitting fast is nice. but probably not at cost of losing the 8% base dmg boost from inna for me. as u can see, i run a high dmg range mace and 3 piece +% base dmg, which makes my non spammble skills, vengeful spirit and dead rush hits much harder. and ptv also limits me from using more mana.

Your gear goals are very different than most people... sounds like you have your own ideas for what you want your character to do. If avg dmg is so important to you... get a avg dmg tal's ammy with higher cc and 6% elemental damage instead of 5. Your oculus ring can also be swapped out for something that has avg dmg.
Reply Quote
lol. u misunderstood my situation.

hitting fast is nice. but probably not at cost of losing the 8% base dmg boost from inna for me. as u can see, i run a high dmg range mace and 3 piece +% base dmg, which makes my non spammble skills, vengeful spirit and dead rush hits much harder. and ptv also limits me from using more mana.

Your gear goals are very different than most people... sounds like you have your own ideas for what you want your character to do. If avg dmg is so important to you... get a avg dmg tal's ammy with higher cc and 6% elemental damage instead of 5. Your oculus ring can also be swapped out for something that has avg dmg.

his goals are to be stuck where hes at, that's the only thing im getting at. hes a 140k DPS WD that 'farms' MP6.

ill take og's advice and go take a crap right now, ill probably be back before his 4th cast of bears.

/afk
Edited by Soundb#1770 on 12/7/2012 1:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
He loves to argue, completely destroyed a few topics of mine.

ha? :) when did i ever do that. thought always kept my opinion short and most of the time only making the same comment once to the same person.

i have no beef with ias, my main goal is to have the highest possible base dmg, which results in a slow weapon. and my build, using ptv, also limits me from adding ias and running less mana regen. hope this clear things up.

thanks for ur suggestions though. it's the reason i made this topic, to listen to other's opinions.

Well we don't need to rehash on that... but it happened a few times. I have to say I'm really disappointed you didn't rip into my suggestions. I had a list of "Nerzaa's Attack is speed is so slow" jokes ready. At some point though you will need to "sidegrade" to upgrade be it in our gear, skill set, or philosophy in how we spec / gear.

Take my spec for example. I run 14 PUR. Yah 20+ PUR will give me a bit of extra wiggle room with my GI/GF, but is it worth the additional PUR on an item vs what I would have to give up to get it? Imop no. I drop it, and modify how I play instead of standing in front of my targets I stand in them or as close to them as possible bringing the damage radius of my bears closer to PUR. It was a play comprise that allows me to benefit in other ways.

The same can be said about PTV IF (a big if) you opt'd to drop PTV. You would free your self up to have more cc on your helm which would mean you would crit more thus offsetting a % of the damage lost by PTV which in turn would allow you to run a MANA passive.. Say BR in your case giving you the extra mana reduction cost, and additional lif regen since you have low max mana, and don't like primaries.. This would then allow you to use a witching hour and capitalize on the attack speed as you would have more mana to spare. I'm not saying this is how "YOU" should go because you have your own philosophy on this, but it's how we make incremental upgrades. It may not seem like the most bang for your buck at first but every little bit adds up.

With that said.. I simply can't help my self.

Nerzaa's attack speed is slow slow... ....how slow is it?

His splinters are DOTs

When he casts a spell his mouse pointer turns into an hour glass.

He still has bears killing things in 1.0.3

He alternates BBV and Bears between attacks
Edited by Brahm#1943 on 12/7/2012 1:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
Nerzaa attack speed is slow slow... ....how slow is it?

ROFLROFLROFL

thanks for the end o' the day happy time explosion!
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYJzcUvS_NU

^- Nerzaa's theme song.

I can see those bears charging in slow motion in my head... oh my lord.
Edited by Soundb#1770 on 12/7/2012 1:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
@ Nerzaa

You can absolutely 100% sustain mana at higher attack speed. I do it every single game in all MPs. Snag a zc cost reduction mojo, a soj, and stop holding down the bear button like a downie getting carried away with mashing the keys on his first ever computer. Listen to people like Brahm and Soundb.

PS: The WDs who opted to not be terrified of IAS and experiment with it are going to sh-t on you in PvP. Have fun with those reaction timings.
Edited by RPRNoNsum#1561 on 12/7/2012 1:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/07/2012 01:23 PMPosted by Brahm

ha? :) when did i ever do that. thought always kept my opinion short and most of the time only making the same comment once to the same person.

i have no beef with ias, my main goal is to have the highest possible base dmg, which results in a slow weapon. and my build, using ptv, also limits me from adding ias and running less mana regen. hope this clear things up.

thanks for ur suggestions though. it's the reason i made this topic, to listen to other's opinions.

Well we don't need to rehash on that... but it happened a few times. I have to say I'm really disappointed you didn't rip into my suggestions. I had a list of "Nerzaa's Attack is speed is so slow" jokes ready. At some point though you will need to "sidegrade" to upgrade be it in our gear, skill set, or philosophy in how we spec / gear.

Take my spec for example. I run 14 PUR. Yah 20+ PUR will give me a bit of extra wiggle room with my GI/GF, but is it worth the additional PUR on an item vs what I would have to give up to get it? Imop no. I drop it, and modify how I play instead of standing in front of my targets I stand in them or as close to them as possible bringing the damage radius of my bears closer to PUR. It was a play comprise that allows me to benefit in other ways.

The same can be said about PTV IF (a big if) you opt'd to drop PTV. You would free your self up to have more cc on your helm which would mean you would crit more thus offsetting a % of the damage lost by PTV which in turn would allow you to run a MANA passive.. Say BR in your case giving you the extra mana reduction cost, and additional lif regen since you have low max mana, and don't like primaries.. This would then allow you to use a witching hour and capitalize on the attack speed as you would have more mana to spare. I'm not saying this is how "YOU" should go because you have your own philosophy on this, but it's how we make incremental upgrades. It may not seem like the most bang for your buck at first but every little bit adds up.

With that said.. I simply can't help my self.

His splinters are DOTs

When he casts a spell his mouse pointer turns into an hour glass.

He alternates BBV and Bears between attacks

Ohhhh... I like where this thread is going now...

The partially decaying zombie bears decay completely before hitting their targets, therefore no damage to the target is done

Ok, a little weak, but I'll think of more! :D
Reply Quote

My grandma with IBS finishes her business in the bathroom before he gets a round of bears off.
Reply Quote
at least the bears are faster than nerzaa.
Reply Quote
12/07/2012 01:23 PMPosted by Brahm
The same can be said about PTV IF (a big if) you opt'd to drop PTV. You would free your self up to have more cc on your helm which would mean you would crit more thus offsetting a % of the damage lost by PTV which in turn would allow you to run a MANA passive.. Say BR in your case giving you the extra mana reduction cost, and additional lif regen since you have low max mana, and don't like primaries.. This would then allow you to use a witching hour and capitalize on the attack speed as you would have more mana to spare.

some good analysis here. but still not convinced, 4% cc is not enough for 20% dmg.
Reply Quote
yea, some good jokes.

but keep in mind, my 1000 lb grizzly can crash your 200 lb skinny black bear any time any where.
Edited by Nerzaa#1863 on 12/7/2012 1:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/07/2012 01:54 PMPosted by Nerzaa
but keep in mind, my 1000 lb grizzly can crash your 200 lb skinny black bear any time any where.

But my 50 black bears can take down a single grizzly that is still only halfway out of the ground due to casting animation.
Reply Quote
12/07/2012 01:51 PMPosted by Nerzaa
The same can be said about PTV IF (a big if) you opt'd to drop PTV. You would free your self up to have more cc on your helm which would mean you would crit more thus offsetting a % of the damage lost by PTV which in turn would allow you to run a MANA passive.. Say BR in your case giving you the extra mana reduction cost, and additional lif regen since you have low max mana, and don't like primaries.. This would then allow you to use a witching hour and capitalize on the attack speed as you would have more mana to spare.

some good analysis here. but still not convinced, 4% cc is not enough for 20% dmg.

6cc not 4, but again it's just 1 piece of the puzzle when it comes to offsetting you gotta look at all the benefits as a whole when comparing what you may gain or loose by switching a specific attribute (in this case ptv)
Reply Quote

The partially decaying zombie bears decay completely before hitting their targets, therefore no damage to the target is done

Ok, a little weak, but I'll think of more! :D

Hahahah.. I was going to say something similar like.

His zombies bears use the grasp of the dead animation.

To save on bandwidth the dev's removed cool-downs from his spec.

His cool-down descriptions read "whenever you are ready buddy".

His profile updates with every kill.

He can port to town to avoid reflect damage
Reply Quote

His profile updates with every kill.

He can port to town to avoid reflect damage

I laughed a good amount when I read these
Reply Quote
lol one more..

When he finally fought his way to ACT 4 the end game bosses name was Alzheimer
Edited by Brahm#1943 on 12/7/2012 3:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
ok i'm a liar.. I got 2 more.

He started his quest to save Constantinople but completed it in Istanbul

The last time he ID'd a legendary he got whiplash.
Edited by Brahm#1943 on 12/7/2012 3:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
The last time he ID'd a legendary he got whiplash.

my sides. gg wp.
Edited by RPRNoNsum#1561 on 12/7/2012 3:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
OMG LOL!!!
Reply Quote
12/07/2012 12:02 PMPosted by oRyo
Nerzaa, maybe post up a more recent vid so we can get a sense of how quickly you clear things now. That old vid won't help because that clear speed of mp5 was very slow, so won't be a good indicator of where you are now.

Nerzaa's attack speed is slow slow... ....how slow is it?When he casts a spell his mouse pointer turns into an hour glass.

12/07/2012 07:41 AMPosted by Soundb
Gaining more IAS will raise your survivability as much as gaining more EHP especially with that horribly slow 0.90 aps weapon you have. Your stutter-step must be painfully slow and cause you to die tons, just due to the fact that your character doesn't react fast enough to actions.

@ryo
posted.

@braham
you are a such a funny man.

@soundb
what are you talking about?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7393479558
Edited by Nerzaa#1863 on 12/12/2012 6:54 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]