Diablo® III

Gold Spam worse then ever.

/rageon

Ok blizzard enough is enough, Fasteve is spamming constantly with no way to report or block them (error 45008), I also get at least 5 - 10 spammer friend requests a day. it's about time you took your player base seriously and filter out these low life's, report is broken and never worked in the first place

These spammers just use free accounts so they have an unlimited number of accounts to use, report spam is insufficient. get some filtering in these chats/friend requests. it's also quite obvious these spammers are using some kind of multi-boxing software. which i see nothing has been done about multi-boxing either

ill give you some tips to get you started
1. REMOVE free accounts from public chats!!!
2. reserve trade/general for players with at least 1 level 60
3. censor all chat with www. and .com in them
4. have moderators actively insta banning spammers
5. do SOMETHING. nothing has been done about these spammers since this game came out. report spam is not the solution they have infinite accounts.

this is simply not good enough blizzard

/rageoff
Reply Quote
Oh GOD yes, please Blizz..BAN THE BOTS, Farmers, and spammers!!
Reply Quote
Excellent points. The player chat area on the left side of the screen constantly has those spam messages for purchasing gold. I used to report them, but I can't anymore. It was blocked or something.
Reply Quote
you will love this...all day today. i blocked over 35 "people promoting that site. It is annoying. so i went to click "report for spamming" DIDN'T WORK..ERROR...after it over and over...it was now a form of Harassment to the players on at that time...so i went to report player for harassment, describing in detail what was happening..AGAIN ERROR. it menu told me i should open a ticket on the website...you want to know what the BLIZZARD website told me? "We cannot process tickets at this time."
SO THAT TELLS ME THIS...everyone can bot, we are now allowed to go full on cyber bully, and nothing will happen. Is that what you want Blizzard? You have been quiet on this issue. And it sure as hell looks like you could care less about your players and them being harassed by these !@# farmers. GIVE THE GAME BACK TO THE PLAYERS. listen to us, make changes or this game will not survive.
Reply Quote
I never have any issues with this....are you all actually logging in and playing this....game?
Reply Quote
same, couple frd request every day I log in. these new ones give you the error msg so you cant report for spam. and if we report for anything else we will probably be banned like the other guy.
Reply Quote
/rageon

Ok blizzard enough is enough, Fasteve is spamming constantly with no way to report or block them (error 45008), I also get at least 5 - 10 spammer friend requests a day. it's about time you took your player base seriously and filter out these low life's, report is broken and never worked in the first place

These spammers just use free accounts so they have an unlimited number of accounts to use, report spam is insufficient. get some filtering in these chats/friend requests. it's also quite obvious these spammers are using some kind of multi-boxing software. which i see nothing has been done about multi-boxing either

ill give you some tips to get you started
1. REMOVE free accounts from public chats!!!
2. reserve trade/general for players with at least 1 level 60
3. censor all chat with www. and .com in them
4. have moderators actively insta banning spammers
5. do SOMETHING. nothing has been done about these spammers since this game came out. report spam is not the solution they have infinite accounts.

this is simply not good enough blizzard

/rageoff

1. Most the spam accounts aren't "free", they are hacked accounts.
2. Coming from an alt addict who can't stick to one character, plzno, nor would that fix the problem.
3. At least whitelist a few websites (IE youtube)
4. Agreed, they have trillions of dollars, they can easily pay some kid minimum wage to moderate chat.
5. Goes without saying, agreed.
Edited by Bladecatcher#1243 on 12/9/2012 1:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
/rageon

i hope 1.07 will bring better spam protection, blizzard have greatly improved this game for the most part, but this is one the the main topics of complaint that blizzard has not addressed. with the report feature bugged i hope they will get even more complaints. they might get off there asses and do something about it.

/rageoff
Reply Quote

2. Coming from an alt addict who can't stick to one character, plzno, nor would that fix the problem.
4. Agreed, they have trillions of dollars, they can easily pay some kid minimum wage to moderate chat.

I thought there is no hacking in D3 >_> ?

Or wasnt that what many people have said a couple of months ago.
Reply Quote
broken game is broken
Reply Quote

I thought there is no hacking in D3 >_> ?

Or wasnt that what many people have said a couple of months ago.

there are people posing as blizzard employees using phishing scams to steal accounts. (blizzard01 is his name) i have received whispers quite a few times trying to get me to go to some website and "confirm" my account details.
Edited by stickynugs#1670 on 12/9/2012 4:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
yep can't report for friend invite spam anymore either. it's broken. blizzard went home.

f-that-diablo-game-we-made-loser.
Reply Quote
12/09/2012 01:06 AMPosted by dogma420
I never have any issues with this....are you all actually logging in and playing this....game?

Gold spammer detected.

Is it really true that free accounts have access to public chat? They should have their own "trial" channel and only be able to see what goes on in public chat, not be able to participate in it.
Reply Quote
I call bull!@#$ on the hacked accounts theory. Sure now and again there is a gold spammer with a legit name, but most I see have something like "dkshflah":

And when you chat, you don't see your character's name, you see your account name. Who on earth names their account "dkshflah".

They should also limit the amount of lines someone can post in one sentence. Currently gold spammers post enough lines to force you to scroll up enable to block them.

I just don't Blizzard's inaction against this obvious problem.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]