Diablo® III

Farming Leoric's Signet!

to op

LS farming is excruciatingly frustrating enough to make people give up and just go on with their lives.

but to avoid that, i would suggest a faster route, although lower chance

if you can clear voa/sewers of caldeum/ruined cistern/entire dalghur oasis under 10-15 mins, you're good to keep repeating that

if not, just do voa/sewers/ruined cistern

gl
Reply Quote
12/09/2012 01:24 PMPosted by Omghenry
just to let everyone know,mf does not increase the drop rate of leorics signet. how do I know you ask? because i found it on my lvl30 witch doctor running through normal trying to get nightmare with maybe 8% magic find. there is a link somewhere i found that shows you what monsters drop ilvl20 items which reduces the leorics to lvl17

12/09/2012 08:28 PMPosted by Omghenry
I was to lazy to look up the actual post on it, but I believe a community manager or whatever they're called on this site confirmed legendary drops aren't effected(affected?) by magic find. Also getting at that you don't need magic find, it's the luck of the draw, if mf actually effected(affected? again idk how to spell it here) drop rates of legendaries, everyone and their brother would stack mf up and leoric's signet would be completely useless in the land of selling.

You're either kinda smart, or a real idiot, im not sure if you're right or wrong, since MF increases the drop rate of HIGHER lvl items, and better loot, if Leoric's Signet is not the highest iLvl item in that area, it may have a higher chance of NOT dropping with too much MF, maybe at the right amount of MF the item will have a higher chance to drop.
It's a good thing to point that out even thought what you said was perhaps specifically incorrect..

so maybe too much MF is a bad thing for this run. Or am i completely wrong in this matter?
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
12/09/2012 08:28 PMPosted by Omghenry
I was to lazy to look up the actual post on it, but I believe a community manager or whatever they're called on this site confirmed legendary drops aren't effected(affected?) by magic find. Also getting at that you don't need magic find, it's the luck of the draw, if mf actually effected(affected? again idk how to spell it here) drop rates of legendaries, everyone and their brother would stack mf up and leoric's signet would be completely useless in the land of selling.

I think you are confused on what that means. For rares MF affects the chances for the number of affixes to be rolled. Legendaries have a fix number affixes/random slots. So no, in that regard mf does NOT the QUALITY of a legendary roll, but DOES affect the chances for a legendary to actually drop.
Reply Quote
12/10/2012 06:34 AMPosted by Error37

I think you are confused on what that means. For rares MF affects the chances for the number of affixes to be rolled. Legendaries have a fix number affixes/random slots. So no, in that regard mf does NOT the QUALITY of a legendary roll, but DOES affect the chances for a legendary to actually drop.

this
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]