Diablo® III

Key Drop Rate

Has the key drop rate been nerfed since the latest maintanence? I have got 2 keys after 20 runs in MP6/MP7 Act 1 and 2 recently.

Before someone jump on board - I have been farming keys for more than 2 weeks and had more than 10 rings made - so I know how it was like. The drop rate had never been THIS bad. Yes I have 5NVs on this 20 runs stretch.

RNG, I know. But the chance of 2 keys only after 20 runs in MP6/MP7. Seriously? THAT bad a cold streak?
Reply Quote
Act 2 is the most difficult for me, finding 5 elites and KW in the oasis is a big pain. He also drops the least number of keys for me, I've gone 7 runs with no drop on mp5.

a1 and a3 rates have been good to me but it's easier to get stacks in those acts also.

I think it's more helpful to keep a log of your drops. Your mind tends to forget that for every key drop there's another run where it won't.
Reply Quote
No.
Reply Quote
Go ahead and flip a coin 100 times and see if you get the kind of cold streaks that you do in D3. It doesn't happen. 0-for-3 in organs in MP9? Daily occurrence.
Reply Quote
A2 is a pain not because of the 5NV - that is easily obtained from the Assassin's Vault. Its just finding the keywarden being a bit more time consuming. I havent been keeping log previously, since the drop was quite reasonable on MP6/7.

It has been very noticeable since around Wed (after using my 15 machines for 5 ring runs and back to key farming again). It started off alright, then the stretch beginning Thurs where I have done 20 runs with 2 key dropped only.

Did another two runs just then after posting the thread. One on MP6, one on MP7. Still no drop.
Reply Quote
12/07/2012 03:29 PMPosted by Kirishima
Go ahead and flip a coin 100 times and see if you get the kind of cold streaks that you do in D3. It doesn't happen. 0-for-3 in organs in MP9? Daily occurrence.

Totally agreed. I couldnt believe it earlier in the week when I got 1/3 organs on MP9.
Reply Quote
12/07/2012 02:35 PMPosted by Lakche
I have got 2 keys after 20 runs in MP6/MP7 Act 1 and 2 recently.

Exaggerate much?
Reply Quote
12/07/2012 03:53 PMPosted by Sylak
Has the key drop rate been nerfed since the latest maintanence?

^^^What an idiot

Hey, no need to be arrogant and offensive.

Look, I just want to check whether it was a crazy cold streak I am experiencing or whether other players are seeing a subtle change too. I farm very regularly, and was just very confused and a bit frustrated with the recent key drop rate. It just coincide with the maintenance date, so it was a logical thinking. Thats all.

Anyhow, appreciate if you recon this is an idiotic idea. Maybe it is. I might just go off key farming for a bit and just focus on
Reply Quote
12/07/2012 03:57 PMPosted by Iskra
I have got 2 keys after 20 runs in MP6/MP7 Act 1 and 2 recently.

Exaggerate much?

No, I wish there is a log to show you guys. I meant that seriously. Anyhow, not going to make this an argument post. Will just stay off this thread now.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
It's unfortunate that you are experiencing a streak of bad luck, but the drop rates for keys and plans were not changed in patch 1.0.6. The drop rate is still 5% on MP0, 10% on MP1, and 20% on MP2, all the way up through a 100% drop rate on MP10.
Edited by Vaeflare on 12/7/2012 4:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
Arg we have just wasted a blue comment on this??? They just answered this like 4 days ago... now we have to wait until monday to get another bliz post!!!
Reply Quote
Thank you Vaeflare for the confirmation. It was a really frustrating streak, so I guess I will just focus on leveling paragon for now.

Please delete/lock the thread if you see fit.
Reply Quote
View profile
And if they were changed, everyone would be complaining about nerfed drops. Most likely bad streak of luck.
Reply Quote
12/07/2012 04:09 PMPosted by Zazu06
Arg we have just wasted a blue comment on this??? They just answered this like 4 days ago... now we have to wait until monday to get another bliz post!!!

LOL, that's pretty funny. probably true... but still funny. :)
Reply Quote
Yes its a waste for a blue to answer this for the 10th time but consider this. Blizzard has to answer the questions asked most by the community. So i blame on the community.
Edited by Ketchup#1231 on 12/7/2012 4:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
Agreed... But it was literally answered 6 days ago. No need to restate what a blue had already said.
Reply Quote
It's unfortunate that you are experiencing a streak of bad luck, but the drop rate for keys and plans was not changed in patch 1.0.6. The drop rate is still 5% on MP0, 10% on MP1, and 20% on MP2, all the way up through a 100% drop rate on MP10.

Believe it or not. I have the similar experience... I just did 2 MP8 uber runs last night and only got one single devil fang. One of my friend got pissed off and left before I even finished doing kulle/sb combo but even I went and solo'd it. I got no organ from them either... And then, I went and killed a warden in act2 because I need to collect keys again for more runs, but it just didn't drop anything on mp 7 and mp 8... so I switched to my monk, do some casual pleveling in act2 on mp4 and keywarden dropped me the key... It's just so.......... RNG to a point that it's not real.
Reply Quote
people need to learn what the percentages actually mean, if you do a run on mp5 with a 50% chance and dont get a key, that doesnt mean another mp5 run betters your chances.. its still 50%.. its like a coin flip, if you flip it and get heads, doesnt mean the next flip has a better chance to get tails... its still 50/50...

also i did 3 a2 runs on mp5 and got 2 keys... its called chance my friends
Edited by Benjy#1275 on 12/7/2012 4:52 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]