Diablo® III

Key Drop Rate

K i'm done til everything is fixed back like it was. D3 is becoming D2 or worse!
Reply Quote
It is not just the drop rate for keys, it is the drops that you get period. The game has been dumbed down so much that only one out of a million drops is any good. I do not remember the last legendary or rare I got that was any good. All I do is run around killing and getting gold to buy my next improved item from the auction house at extremely high prices. And now the real money which buys more game gold make it so people with deep pockets can have instant power player character without much game experience. Sure would be nice to find an item I could actually use on my character. So sick of looking at a monk item with barbarian or wizard specs on it. Blizzard needs to put this game back to the way it was so resistance, armor, and vitality actually mean something again as all you need now is a big stick and not much else. And these guys now think they are gods even though when the game first came out where you actually had to have a balanced character they would not even be able to survive. Yet now they run through the game killing everything and leaving nothing for anyone else. What ever happened to having a team that worked together in this game?
Edited by charliedog#1702 on 12/9/2012 5:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
I found 3 keys in over 100 keyruns at at least mp5, its gotta be one of the worst streaks. But I've been lucky again, I do mp7, and am finding them almost every time.

I actually trudged through mp10 to grab about 10 keys, but that is not much fun.

But seriously, its all random, stuff just happens.
Reply Quote
Hidden mechanics, keys don't drop anymore. Blue post claims 1.6 didnt change key rates, 1.6 didnt change anything. It's doubtful you'd need to patch to switch drop rates either who you trolling. Think of most game lobbys that have gui and options for the user, why wouldn't d3 have hidden lobby options controlling drop rates etc, why would you have to patch the entire game to modify simple "difficulty" settings.

Keys don't drop anymore.

Keys don't drop anymore.

Keys don't drop anymore.
Reply Quote
6 runs on MP 7....6 keys
Reply Quote
the same situation here .. i kill the act 3 keyworden 10-15 times with valor 5 in mplevel 5 or 6 and drops me 1 time from the 10-15 try .. one of my friend has the same situation with the keyworden from act2, and with the bosses on discord. We killed the 2 bosses on mp level 6 with valor 5 at 12(!) times and only one time droped him the hfring staff .. something was chenged in the last 1-2 weeks ?!
Reply Quote
Do MP10 runs scrub.
Reply Quote
Last 30 runs at MP7 got me 3 drops. use to get 6 to 8 drops in 10 runs. Bad luck or has something changed? I play the game to get away from stress at work, so if it drops or not does not matter. Just odd the last week or two.
Reply Quote
No legendaries for 4 days already.
Reply Quote
12/07/2012 04:07 PMPosted by Vaeflare
It's unfortunate that you are experiencing a streak of bad luck, but the drop rates for keys and plans were not changed in patch 1.0.6. The drop rate is still 5% on MP0, 10% on MP1, and 20% on MP2, all the way up through a 100% drop rate on MP10.

How many times are you going to come in and tell people it's just a bad roll of the dice before they quit..? Serious answers only.
Reply Quote
12/09/2012 07:39 AMPosted by johno86
Do MP10 runs scrub.

Hey did you find all that gear yourself? You must be one lucky player!
Reply Quote
Dont mean to brag but I actually had a run of good luck. Me and a barb ran 3 runs of ubers .. 9 total portals and got 9 organs at MP7. Barb didnt have the same luck.
Reply Quote
just run mp10, its 100% chance to drop key. yes i know it may take a little more time but if i run one run on mp10 and get a key in 15-30 mins depending on what type of elites. as opposed to someone running several runs on mp5 with no avail that can take way more time then 15-30 mins.
Reply Quote
86 Orc Shaman
RNG, I know. But the chance of 2 keys only after 20 runs in MP6/MP7. Seriously? THAT bad a cold streak?

.0004%
Reply Quote
86 Orc Shaman
12/08/2012 06:56 PMPosted by Euphelis
If we take what OP is saying at face value, that is, he really did get 2 keys in 20 runs at mp6-7 (even higher percentage than the coin toss scenario) the odds become essentially statistically impossible. But hey, that's how RNG works right?

Except you need to take into account confirmation and other forms bias. You have hundreds of thousands or millions of people doing the same thing, a few are going to be REALLY unlucky. Then the come on the forums and complain about it. They see other unlucky people complaining, and they think there must be something wrong. Happens in every game where there's RNG based loot.
Reply Quote
people need to learn what the percentages actually mean, if you do a run on mp5 with a 50% chance and dont get a key, that doesnt mean another mp5 run betters your chances.. its still 50%.. its like a coin flip, if you flip it and get heads, doesnt mean the next flip has a better chance to get tails... its still 50/50...

also i did 3 a2 runs on mp5 and got 2 keys... its called chance my friends

This.

Two of the three Act 3 runs (paragon grinding) I have done since yesterday at MP1 dropped a key, one of which had a lengendary to go with, so go figure. MP6 so far has been the most successful for me, but I haven't really tried anything higher as the 90% of the runs had the keys dropping.
Reply Quote
I haven't gotten a single key since the last mini update, which I find interesting. A "bad luck streak" type comment is rather lame I'm sorry to say. Luck really has nothing to do with computer programming.

It seems from the actual game play results that whenever the legendary rate changes so too does the key drop rate.

The real problem is the interconnected programming segments "appearing" to be random.
Reply Quote
12/09/2012 04:59 AMPosted by charliedog
It is not just the drop rate for keys, it is the drops that you get period. The game has been dumbed down so much that only one out of a million drops is any good. I do not remember the last legendary or rare I got that was any good. All I do is run around killing and getting gold to buy my next improved item from the auction house at extremely high prices. And now the real money which buys more game gold make it so people with deep pockets can have instant power player character without much game experience. Sure would be nice to find an item I could actually use on my character. So sick of looking at a monk item with barbarian or wizard specs on it. Blizzard needs to put this game back to the way it was so resistance, armor, and vitality actually mean something again as all you need now is a big stick and not much else. And these guys now think they are gods even though when the game first came out where you actually had to have a balanced character they would not even be able to survive. Yet now they run through the game killing everything and leaving nothing for anyone else. What ever happened to having a team that worked together in this game?

^ THIS! All the above!

Please ..... IF you make the drops 95% CRAP then PLEASE give us the option to SELL items WITHOUT the NEED for a VENDOR!! We really do waste enough time searching for a half decent item so please stop wasting more of our time having to go back to town to sell the crap. Half the amount we get from away from vendor selling but ENABLE the ability PLEASE!!!
Reply Quote
Every sh*t happened can be explained with probability =o...
if you can...just do mp10...100% to get anything
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]