Diablo® III

Key Drop Rate

My Barb is pretty lucky... I usually do MP3 runs and 3-5 runs I got a Key in different Acts.
Edited by Pranzer#6109 on 12/9/2012 5:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'm experiencing very similar problems. whats the point of playing on a higher mp when there is no change in key drops.
Reply Quote
You're stupid.
Reply Quote
At last the plans. Chuckle. Keys were not too bad, but I really had to hammer on the Key Warden in Act 4 to get those plans. Had a nice run of legendary drops and while the RND was hot, I tried again, and ping! Got one. Glad I only need to get it once, that is the most rare drop I have seen. But on the other hand, it was a good run of EXP farming that beast to run up my Paragon levels.
Reply Quote
12/08/2012 06:56 PMPosted by Euphelis
essentially statistically impossible

Essentially statistically impossible !== impossible.

Essentially statistically impossible === improbable === possible.

Having said that, I wish that RNG would include factors like the number of failed attempts and the time since the last success. That would stop dry spells from happening, but that's not in Blizzard's best interests.
Reply Quote
Definitely seems like something changed the "rng." I'm used to seeing key drops most of the time with mp6. I haven't found one today.

Since everything is so cohesive in this game, I wouldn't be surprised that a minor change in the UI menu changed the "rng" throughout the game.

Fanboi's excuse: It's "rng" bro
Reply Quote
Rng is as fail as d3.So keep chiming in with that sad"rng is rng" bull!@#$ you keep telling yourself.
Reply Quote
i just did ubrs on mp5 the other day and got all 3 organs =].. i was suprised
Reply Quote
Rng is very well, but now at 11 runs at MP5 for act 3 key and no drop. And yes, 5 stacks before kill.

Try and get heads 11 times in a row flipping a coin!

Kinda discouraging
Reply Quote
vortash, we just did 3 !@#$ing runs on mp7 in infernal machine with no DROPS.
Reply Quote
RNG brah
Reply Quote
Drop rate for keys is ridiculously bad for this new patch...
Reply Quote
I used to run for keys with MP3 or 4 and got some good results. Lately though, act 2 key has been almost a "no drop", but I thought it was just my luck "back to normal". Not so sure right now...
Reply Quote
I got 3 keys in 4 runs in MP4 over the weekend. I didn't have the plan either and it took me another 2 runs to get that.

all in all, 6 runs and I have 1 brand-spanking new infernal machine.
Reply Quote
12/10/2012 04:46 AMPosted by Vortash
Try and get heads 11 times in a row flipping a coin!

this is definetly possible tho.
Reply Quote
Ceilings... Blizz. They are your friend. Use them. They want you to. They are calling you.

Do you guys have any idea how many complaints would just go away if you coded them in?
Reply Quote
Since there's no such thing as a true RNG in computers, all these "cold streaks" are probably due to poor programming of the 'RNG' that Blizzard is using here. Strange circumstances could be conspiring to defeat the "randomness" here and Blizzard wouldn't even know it.
Reply Quote
What blue said
Reply Quote
key farming with 70% chance mean that 1 out of 7 runs u should get one key so geting 2 keys in 20 sounds about right
Reply Quote
12/10/2012 12:22 PMPosted by torinsoul
key farming with 70% chance mean that 1 out of 7 runs u should get one key so geting 2 keys in 20 sounds about right

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]