Diablo® III

alkaizer route as DH

Is that really viable ?

I mean elite hulking phasebeast ruin that run ...
Reply Quote
well it definitely is if you have the dps for it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Is that really viable ?

They're annoying, but typically you can bottleneck them in a doorway with the Templar
Reply Quote
high dps + SP

or you can just stun them with grenades.......
Reply Quote
I never have trouble with them up to about mp7, then they become annoying.
Reply Quote
These runs are meant to be done on MP0-1. You should be 2-3 shotting elites.
Reply Quote
I average about 45-54 mil an hour doing my modified alk runs on mp 1-2 (with hellfire, ruby, and hellfire on follower, no leorics signet). They usually consist of in order Core Arreat, Tower of Damned 1, Bridge, Rakki's to WP, Keep Depths 2, Keep depths 1, Arreat Crater 1, Arreat Crater 2, and keep depths 3.
Edited by Enveos#1991 on 12/9/2012 2:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
Like Dabrixmgp, it's best at low MP levels. With a high DPS and Multishot/Ball Lightning, you should be able to 1-2 shot most trash monsters. Combining with Vault and Tactical Advantage, you'll be doing the runs pretty fast!
Reply Quote
12/09/2012 02:37 PMPosted by Dabrixmgp
These runs are meant to be done on MP0-1. You should be 2-3 shotting elites.

I have only 150k with 0 buff so i'm not even close to oneshot elites :/
Is there a better run for low gear like mine ?
Reply Quote
Just tested again, they raped me even with SP on, the hit way, wat harder than any bleu mob in the game :/
Reply Quote
with 300AR and 40k health and about 4k armor and 100k dps u should be able to do alkhaizer runs in 15 to 20mins. netting u about 9 -11mil xp with just HF rings and ruby on helm. With some xp shrines and leorics signet, it would be around 12.5 to 14mil exp per run. Ball lightning, Gloom, Prep/backup plan is all ya need.

2 cents and out...

=)
Reply Quote
If you can't handle phasebeasts you can always do machines of war quest over and over, skipping the middle trebuchet.

Start at wp which is check point, clear in circle, wp to town, make new game.
Reply Quote
with my BL i've been doing 7 minute alkaizers netting me over 72m/hr using just a star ruby in my helm and a HF. the trick is to have high pickup radius which makes vengeance seriously op, almost never running out of disc. the only thing i'd gloom is a RD pack and that's it.

most of the trash mobs i'd BL+ToC and keep running so i spend almost 0 time on each pack. its very very good lol.
Reply Quote
Since I do the run at like 115k unbuffed DPS (~130k with archery) and you have 150k dps, it sounds like the issue is with your EHP. I can usually kill phasebeasts in mp1 with just hungering arrows, though I have more CC and CD than you do, so I'm probably doing more burst damage.

If your profile is the one on the EU server, your life and armor are a little low to take too many hits from those phasebeasts. For some reason, diabloprogress is not updating to allow me to see your DH, so I can't easily see what your resists are. To be honest, I usually kill phasebeasts with hungering arrows, but if a bunch of them mob me I can pop gloom and drop some traps at my feet. With my EHP I can survive a few hits from them, then the spike traps will top me off with the life leech.
Reply Quote
I'm using the strafe build on my profile and phasebeasts are no problem at all

the only thing that kills me are demonic tremors. If I don't pay attention they chain knockback me to death, but some kiting with entangling shot and smart strafing do the job

edit: I meant demonic tremor packs. Trash is trash... :p
Edited by Multipão#1620 on 12/10/2012 5:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
Is that really viable ?

Not any more in 1.0.5.
If you want the best farming speed, go for mp0 or 1.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]