Diablo® III

Hellfire Ring missing rolls

85 Worgen Hunter
I made a Hellfire ring today and it seems to be missing 2 rolls.
http://i.imgur.com/eYZK4.gif
Seems to be a lot of wasted time doing this for a ring that cant ever be good, this is the second time this has happened to me.

The ring should always roll
35% exp
fireball proc
and 170-200 main stat
4 random rolls

Mine has:
35% exp
fireball proc
196 dex
2 random rolls:
9-43 damage
12% life
Edited by Milimbar#1580 on 12/9/2012 5:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
Ive heard of this before... I may be wrong but what I believe has happened is that your ring has rolled with multiple stacked affixes of the same type.

i.e. Two or three +dmg modifiers... or... Two or three +life% modifiers which have stacked on top of one another.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
While that sounds plausible, it shouldnt be able to happen.
As far as I know you can not roll the exact same affix more than one time.
You can get seemingly double rolls of a main stat but in reality you are not, you are getting a main stat roll and a main stat/vit roll.

So unless these rings are bugged in the fact that you can have multiple of the same affix rolled this explanation can not be correct.

Anyone else have the same experience or know of any other possible explanation?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
So no one else has had this happen to them?
Reply Quote
"9-43 damage"

You rolled a +min damage, a +max damage and a +xx-xx damage. That's three rolls and they are lumped together. Bad luck.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
Hmm, never thought about that possibility. That is probably what happened, thanks for pointing it out.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]