Diablo® III

The driving force to play....disappears

That I find the game getting less and less attractive as days goes by. After a total of about 800 hours of gameplay, I realized the contents of this game is just disappointing to keep the driving force in people to play continuously for long term.

MF
I used to be one of those to play 8-10 hours per day but now have reduced to 1-2 hours per day = 1-2 runs only per day. Every run i go max MF but i realized, no matter what MP i chose, MP0 MP1 MP2 MP3, the same drop rate i get. 1-2 legendaries only per run. Now i am not saying that the legendary drop rate sucks but i do not see the purpose of the MF boost of 25% per MP level now.

I do not know if it is because of terrible luck or RNG, but i remember when patch 1.06 just released, people were like OMG 8 LEGENDARIES IN A RUN, or more. Blizzard, admit it, you did reduce the rate of legendary drops :). There is no use hiding in the shadows and saying its all RNG. We are not dumb!

Paragon Level Reward
This is in fact the biggest disappointment in the game, this paragon level system had very high expectations from people but in the end, its just NOT REWARDING! 3% MF and 3% GF? and after that to level up from 0-80 is equivalent to 80-100?? I mean seriously when people reach 80, do they still want to climb up all the way to 100 repeating the same runs over and over again just for a boost of 3% MF and GF?

Think some sense Blizz. Make the hundreds of hours levelling an effort not to be wasted. Well I definitely salute those who made it to 100. But who knows? It could be bots that drove them up. I tried levelling from 65-70 before, I continuously repeat Act 3 MP2 runs for like 24 times, and to be honest with you, its sick! and boring! same thing blast blast melt melt. Come on Blizz, give a more rewarding system for paragon levelling.

What do I do next?
Well let's just say after you hit level 100 of paragon.....hmm Uber boss fights? Ok cool for just a few weeks, and after that realizing, Hellfire Ring....main purpose just to get the exp boost bonus on it and that's it. You want to keep farming till you get the Trifecta? Great! You found a purpose to continue playing the game :) But after you forged 20 of the rings and still realized you cant hit that.....you sense a lost of end-game content with a hellfire ring also stuck with the RNG system.

Blizz, I do not know how or what, but give us a more suitable end-game content. Probably endless dungeon is a good content but you might suffer copyright infringement from TL2. Then get a system up like Ladder system from before, and a reward system for the Ladder system. Or probably some other creative ideas to bring your customer back.

Buying and Selling Items
Merchants in-game, a total joke! Why can't once in a while, give the merchants in-game a purpose for us to visit rather than keep selling and selling items to them. They will go broke! I mean in reality that is :P. Well, why not bring back the Gambler from D2? the one that give us the challenge to spend a hefty amount of gold to randomly get rare items and possibly draw a legendary item.

The gambler was the best merchant in-game and I loved to visit him often as a challenge to get items of good stats. And yeah, you just replaced the gambler into the blacksmith in this game where you forge the rare items and it gives you random stats. But bring back the gambler and give him some chance of giving a legendary item that can only be found in him! The super rare legendary!

Less and less people are playing
Don't get me wrong, I know this a long time ago and now it seriously is at its worst stage. How I know? Auction house. We try to sell items cheap, for a decent stats, and no one buys. I admit the players now only want items from Better to Best. not Decent or Good. But that's not the matter of fact. If there are tons of players outside there, there surely is some people who will still go for the cheap and decent items.

What I can say is, it is not the Auction house problem but the number of player database now I feel its just in the thousands. Why not give some seasonal event? Something like, Christmas event! There is a Santa Claus and his Elves(not sure if i got the spelling right :P) and these Elves appear as the goblins with red hats this time. And reward of killing them is double the drop rate? Well maybe its a bit too much but something like this will rock the game. And give a Santa Claus boss for us to fight, and yeah super rewards awaits.

Get some special events up once in a while. Another example, Bizarre Weekend Event, everyone gains max Gold Find for the weekends on whatever MP they run.

EDIT: Nerfs and Nerfs
This title says it all. This game that took so many years just to develop and eventually the balancing issue is a joke. Nerfs all the way. I think of all the games I experienced so far, this game and Dota are the only game giving massive nerfs. But Dota quickly rebound back with buffs on certain heroes on a patch in like 2-3 weeks time to quickly readjust its balancing. Now I know comparing Dota and D3 is like comparing apple and orange. But what I want to express is.....there MUST be something in every game development. to rebound back the frustrated customers.

At the rate D3 is going is totally in Barbs way. But not saying Barbs needs to be nerfed nono. Barbs are awesome now, they are the ideal class and I say stay with what it is. What should the developers do now is boost the other classes! I think I dont have to repeat this always but well just feel like ranting a while :P.

Let me ask a simple question to the general public, I wished I had a pole up. How many people are still playing Monks and DH? Wiz still there having a decent number of archon wiz but what about Monks and DH? I salute you guyz who still play Monks and DH fighting through the pain of nerfs :)

I do not know if you are listening to this Blizz, but this game definitely needs its driving force again to make people play it again for long-term. In fact all I can say patch 1.07 is the deciding patch for me and my team to stay in the game or not.

Sincerely,
SilverRhythm Paragon 78 wizard

EDIT: English correction to Elves not Leperchauns
Edited by SilverRhythm#6301 on 12/9/2012 7:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/08/2012 05:54 PMPosted by SilverRhythm
Well, why not bring back the Gambler from D2? the one that give us the challenge to spend a hefty amount of gold to randomly get rare items and possibly draw a legendary item.

The legendary would probably just be a brimstone anyway.. Of course that's assuming you could actually get one that is level 60.
Edited by AxeLord#1992 on 12/8/2012 6:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/08/2012 05:58 PMPosted by koji
we all knew paragon and ubers were a poorly implemented band aid patch to keep ppl playing a little more before they announce their next disappointment called PVP

As a matter of fact, I am also expecting PVP to be a failure. And then the nerfs will start again and people will rage. I talked with my friends who plays WoW and D3 a lot, all they say is

"Blizzard loves to troll with us and nerf everything"

I think this motto will forever stick with them :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
12/08/2012 05:54 PMPosted by SilverRhythm
I used to be one of those to play 8-10 hours per day

I think anyone playing that much would burn out after a while. I know I would and I love the game.
Reply Quote
12/08/2012 05:59 PMPosted by AxeLord
Well, why not bring back the Gambler from D2? the one that give us the challenge to spend a hefty amount of gold to randomly get rare items and possibly draw a legendary item.

The legendary would probably just be a brimstone anyway.. Of course that's assuming you could actually get one that is level 60.

LOL +1

Yeah, almost all the legendaries I found are ended up in brimstones and just kept one of each kind in my mules :)
Reply Quote
12/08/2012 06:01 PMPosted by Ryaskybird
I used to be one of those to play 8-10 hours per day

I think anyone playing that much would burn out after a while. I know I would and I love the game.

Thanks for sharing the passion of the game :) We all do once enjoyed and loved the game but Blizzard needs keep people from this passion dying down. I really would love to have special events in weekends or holiday seasons.
Reply Quote
I agree. I've put in hundreds of hours and 61 plvls into my WD (also 30 lvls into my Barb). The lack of drops worth anything is really starting to bug the crap out of me. My WD hasn't found a 100m drop EVER. In 60 plvls don't you think it's about time I see something decent? Upgrades are ridiculously expensive, the price gap between better and best is widening because the best items aren't dropped in price, but the better items are. I have to vendor hundreds of rares daily to make 1m a day or so in crap drops, while I see my friends boasting about their 1200 dps, ls, int, socket echoing fury they sold for 1b. I'd love to be able to spend more than 5-10m on a single piece of gear for once, but nooooo....
Reply Quote
12/08/2012 06:17 PMPosted by Windgrace
I agree. I've put in hundreds of hours and 61 plvls into my WD (also 30 lvls into my Barb). The lack of drops worth anything is really starting to bug the crap out of me. My WD hasn't found a 100m drop EVER. In 60 plvls don't you think it's about time I see something decent? Upgrades are ridiculously expensive, the price gap between better and best is widening because the best items aren't dropped in price, but the better items are. I have to vendor hundreds of rares daily to make 1m a day or so in crap drops, while I see my friends boasting about their 1200 dps, ls, int, socket echoing fury they sold for 1b. I'd love to be able to spend more than 5-10m on a single piece of gear for once, but nooooo....

I share your boredom mate. In fact now I don't know if this is a lot, but I now have

89 Fiery Brimstones!

4 Mules to carry worthless legendaries one of each kind.

In fact the Legendaries, only some are worth to be called Legendaries still, and there are tons of worthless ones still out there. Worthless but not useless :)

For people who target decent stats, they will really enjoy every legendary drop they get :)
Reply Quote
D2 didn't have the most rewarding lvling system either, I mean, @lvl 95 most of the builds were already complete, and you had to kill cows for hoooooours to get 20 very negligible stat points, 4 skill points to drop into some semi-useful passive and well, e-peen.
Reply Quote
everything they do is poor. so frustrated. dont even have an attraction to play anymore really. i just pop on and play a few runs now bcuz its routine. over 1300 hrs of the game done for me. the fun stopped after my last lvl 60 character was done. at that point i think i was a bit under 1000 hrs. such a let down. watched my friend play wow the other night and was like, wow, that looks like alot of fun. but i refuse to pay the 15 buks a month to blizz bcuz they let me down on my favorite titles. i guess ive officially joined the diablo dev haters club lol.
Reply Quote
and btw, d2 was superior in everyway to this game. been playing d2 over 5 years. still play from time to time and actually ENJOY it. at least i get decent drops now and then. instead of never.
Reply Quote
12/08/2012 06:50 PMPosted by Beelzeboss3D
D2 didn't have the most rewarding lvling system either, I mean, @lvl 95 most of the builds were already complete, and you had to kill cows for hoooooours to get 20 very negligible stat points, 4 skill points to drop into some semi-useful passive and well, e-peen.

lol I agree about that cow part.
Reply Quote
After a total of about 800

Dude...800 hours. I can't even stomach getting up to 200hrs. This game fails my expectations so hard...800 hours...I'd kill myself.

LOL!

I too am wondering what made me play 800 hours.....hmmm2

One of my friend told me, why spend all your time on mindless grinding, go play some strategy game or Dota.

But I guess it was that I keep changing my focus when I play this game.

First step) Finish Diablo in Inferno, used Wiz and sucked that time when Inferno was really tough. Used DH, getting killed too often, Used monk and cleared the game.

Second step) Used monk to level, found out monk takes years to level up, decided to use back DH. Could not get a radiant star ruby or leoric signet to level up paragon. Too slow

Third step) Changed focus on "how to get a legendary fast?" and search all the theories online and tried. Well none of them really worked only found out with Max MF, it will work.

Fourth step) Watched a youtube video on Archon wiz flying around melting. COOOL

Fifth step) Used Archon wiz, enjoyed melting the heck out of all the creeps LOL. too much enjoyment till I level up at 40. Then patch with Hellfire Ring and Uber boss came up. WOW. ok lets go get the ring and level up. Smashed Ubers, continuous mp0 runs at act 3 till I realize its hard to level up.

Sixth step) Went for Mp1 and then Mp2 to level up, and realized legendary drops are getting worse. Thanks to Blizz trolling with us. Uber wise....my friends all have stopped playing this game actively. Got bored. And did mindless grinding till level 78. Eventually went back to Dota2 and played D3 only 1-2 hours.

Final step?) Patch 1.0.7 is the deciding patch. If not attractive, I will just inform my friends, we are all leaving, mass post of thanks for the game and we are off to Dota2 and other RPG games :) FYI, my friends and I have been guild members ever since any game we played for 8 years. I am leading this group of 9 people and whatever I decide, we will move on together.
Edited by SilverRhythm#6301 on 12/8/2012 7:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
Ill be 88 tomorrow, the drops are better for me at this para and i pretty much play on MP8. I remember being frustrated from 40-60ish. I think my drops got worse then.
Reply Quote
12/08/2012 07:16 PMPosted by Zaino
Ill be 88 tomorrow, the drops are better for me at this para and i pretty much play on MP8. I remember being frustrated from 40-60ish. I think my drops got worse then.

Nice one mate :) I forgot to mention....if you play MP7-10 compared to MP0-3 you can see the difference of legendary drop rate.

Unfortunately, Archon wiz focuses on keeping its form up as long as possible and high MPs is not suitable. Barbarians will be fine because they are the most versatile class now :)
Reply Quote
Zaino,

Do you mind if I ask, how much time you take per run? and how many runs do you need to level up from 80-81?
Reply Quote
12/08/2012 07:19 PMPosted by SilverRhythm

Nice one mate :) I forgot to mention....if you play MP7-10 compared to MP0-3 you can see the difference of legendary drop rate.

Unfortunately, Archon wiz focuses on keeping its form up as long as possible and high MPs is not suitable. Barbarians will be fine because they are the most versatile class now :)

I can see that as a problem. Roll a freeze wiz, then you can do mp 9 or 10 with me :)
Reply Quote
Zaino,

Do you mind if I ask, how much time you take per run? and how many runs do you need to level up from 80-81?

I keep it at a decent pace but its usually about 20 minutes i think. If I have gotten some drops ill do keeps 1 and 3, maybe stonefort for a key too. From 80-81 I dont know maybe 30 runs. 87-88 is proving much more lengthy then 80-81, so it is really ramping up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]