Diablo® III

The driving force to play....disappears

12/08/2012 07:51 PMPosted by Zaino
80-81 I dont know maybe 30 runs. 87-88 is proving much more lengthy then 80-81, so it is really ramping up.

So max lvl is 80 for me 'til we can grind anything else other than a3.
Reply Quote
Zaino,

Do you mind if I ask, how much time you take per run? and how many runs do you need to level up from 80-81?

I keep it at a decent pace but its usually about 20 minutes i think. If I have gotten some drops ill do keeps 1 and 3, maybe stonefort for a key too. From 80-81 I dont know maybe 30 runs. 87-88 is proving much more lengthy then 80-81, so it is really ramping up.

Oh ok, meaning you are now running like Alkaizer's route i presume? 30 runs....OUCH...I dont know what I am going to face after this :(
Reply Quote
Edited some parts in the OP.
Reply Quote
Been off D3 for a week now. Playing GCiv2 for the time being. Not gonna come back in if things don't change.
Reply Quote
Some of you are saying you have 800 - 1200 + hours played. that's over a month of time playing Diablo 3. If you aren't sick of the game yet, then you'd have to be crazy.
Think about it, maybe you are just sick of playing it. Give it a month or two break.

Seriously
Reply Quote
About 450 hours for me and I'm getting bored. It's cool, I got my money's worth for sure. But it just gets old after awhile. I could finish my monk, but meh. Start a WD or DH but the content's just all so familiar now. I find some good stuff sometimes, usually not, but I've had fun.

I'll go play one of the other games I picked up recently and come back later when there's more content.
Reply Quote
Some of you are saying you have 800 - 1200 + hours played. that's over a month of time playing Diablo 3. If you aren't sick of the game yet, then you'd have to be crazy.
Think about it, maybe you are just sick of playing it. Give it a month or two break.

Seriously

Its because that's the life of hardcore gamers :) Probably you don't understand the gamer's mind of challenging everything and going to the max.

My life has revolved around games but of course I don't neglect my real life work and gf.
Reply Quote
About 450 hours for me and I'm getting bored. It's cool, I got my money's worth for sure. But it just gets old after awhile. I could finish my monk, but meh. Start a WD or DH but the content's just all so familiar now. I find some good stuff sometimes, usually not, but I've had fun.

I'll go play one of the other games I picked up recently and come back later when there's more content.

That's what my gang is doing now :) We are seeking out a new game that is worthwhile. For now we are sticking on to Dota 2/LoL and HoN.
Reply Quote
Well made post OP.

I've played many online RPG's and diablo 3's loot has the lowest chance of selling to another player than any other game.
Reply Quote
i think my driving force is playing with what remains of my friend's list and meeting new people, etc. mainly though, it's the drive to get rich, not irl but wouldn't mind, in game rather. feels good but sometimes i wonder to what end?
Reply Quote
Well made post OP.

I've played many online RPG's and diablo 3's loot has the lowest chance of selling to another player than any other game.

Although they did try to improve the loot system but I believed it was a bit too late. By the time of patch 1.0.5 with the new cool legs and improvement, many players have already gave up the game.

If they still want to improve the loot system then they should not have played around with it. Giving people legendaries like candies at one moment then sudden drop of the rate and back to square one. Now i am sure people are not going to be fooled anymore with the CM claims of RNG. But oh well, only thing to revive this game now is make some awesome events for a good start and make other classes more meaningful to play
Reply Quote
I do not know if it is because of terrible luck or RNG, but i remember when patch 1.06 just released, people were like OMG 8 LEGENDARIES IN A RUN, or more. Blizzard, admit it, you did reduce the rate of legendary drops :). There is no use hiding in the shadows and saying its all RNG. We are not dumb!

And the topic lost most of its credibility.

That said I agree with your general premise. D3 is definitely lacking in content. A simple way to artifically increase the content is allowing density rates of all acts to go up(outside act 3).

I was hugely disappointed in the scripted and linear gameplay of D3. I could barely explore and was forced to repeat the same plot over and over again to simply play. That makes me wish D3 operated more like a mmo with a huge world to explore and endless quests..
Edited by hampster#1586 on 12/8/2012 9:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/08/2012 10:05 PMPosted by vexorian
The gambler is in the game. He is called the blacksmith now. The problem is that his items suck.

His items didn't suck until they buffed legendarys.
Reply Quote
12/08/2012 05:54 PMPosted by SilverRhythm
That I find the game getting less and less attractive as days goes by. After a total of about 800 hours of gameplay, I realized the contents of this game is just disappointing to keep the driving force in people to play continuously for long term.

You know why it's like that? because 800 hours ! I got bored after 250.
Reply Quote
you've played an average of 4 hours EVERY single day since the release in may...time for a little break maybe? :-P
Reply Quote
12/08/2012 05:58 PMPosted by koji
we all knew paragon and ubers were a poorly implemented band aid patch to keep ppl playing a little more before they announce their next disappointment called PVP

Finaly people realize it...
Im already shocked on how blizzard implement Paragon in such rush...
Is like a firefigher, there is FIRE FIRE pour the water water... ,
its a poor way to keep people playing...

12/08/2012 09:51 PMPosted by pichapiegal
i think my driving force is playing with what remains of my friend's list and meeting new people, etc. mainly though, it's the drive to get rich, not irl but wouldn't mind, in game rather. feels good but sometimes i wonder to what end?

Lucky you, all my friends are offline for 100+ days...
Edited by DragonDutz#6607 on 12/8/2012 11:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/08/2012 11:25 PMPosted by rawr1234
you've played an average of 4 hours EVERY single day since the release in may...time for a little break maybe? :-P

Meh, if you say so, didn't need a break from D2 - always more to do, builds to try, players to kill
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]