Diablo® III

Which Spike Trap do you prefer? DH trap Build

Echoing Blast? or Scatter? Maybe even others?

I'm currently playing around with the idea.................

Thoughts?
Reply Quote
most people use echoing blast, it does the most damage over 3 seconds
Reply Quote
I prefer scatter. All 3 go off at the same time. Does take some practice on how to lay them down so they all explode
Reply Quote
I love the trap build, and spent a significant amount of time trying to decide between echoing blast and scatter. Basically, scatter is best for white mobs and echoing is just unreal against champ packs. Since whites shouldn't pose a problem if you are farming at an appropriate MP level, echoing is really the way to go.

Either way, I would really recommend dropping perfectionist for custom engineering. You won't see the benefit on your stat sheet, but your effective dps and farming speed will increase significantly.
Reply Quote
Echo for higher mp, scatter for lower
Reply Quote
I use Scatter the most. I use Echoing Blast for Ubers. Echoing Blast is great against single targets but I can spam Scatter and decimate mobs and elites packs. It doesn't matter what MP level I'm playing, actually at lower MP levels I don't even need to use traps.
Edited by Slay#1754 on 12/9/2012 5:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
lower mp i dont use trap builds at all...too slow.

mp7+, use EB spike traps + imminent doom bola + bait the trap (standing on it), it clears a whole group in 2-3s
Reply Quote
and Custom Engineering is good too, in very high mp uber fight, as spike traps would be your main damage sources, with guardian turrents for dmg reduction
Reply Quote
i use echoing blast with custom engineering... more traps means more fun! LOL!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]