Diablo® III

[Guide] Comprehensive CMWW Guide

^Well thats a simple explanation, you're using the electrify variant.

Without wormhole chewing your AP the requirements for APoC is drastically lower, as Loroese points out through his simulator. If you start every battle at 100 AP, there is almost never a problem with AP at even 18 APoC and 50cc.

The issue is trying to get started at 65 or even 60 after wormholing 4x to speed up farm runs. At that point, the more APoC the better.
Reply Quote
^oh right, forget about that.

Yeah I use that for MP 10. Lower MP I would face slight AP problem, but because the difficulty is not much, I can live with that. Or maybe using an APoC Force, lower DPS for lower MP.

Anyway with IAS Wand, a Wiz should reach 3.0 BP imo, there is no reason not to.
Reply Quote
hi i have a question. Is LoH prefered than LS for CM wizard with frost nova energy twister diamond skin explosive blast and energy armor?
Reply Quote
yes
Reply Quote
can you explain it a liitle in general? 3.00% life steal is worse than having 1000+ LoH in this spec? i ask cause i want to buy a new weapon to reach 2.5 breakpoint
Edited by Faldman#2217 on 12/24/2012 3:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/24/2012 03:20 AMPosted by Faldman
can you explain it a liitle in general? 3.00% life steal is worse than having 1000+ LoH in this spec? i ask cause i want to buy a new weapon to reach 2.5 breakpoint

3.00% Lifesteal at 2.501 aps and full 200k dps will result in roughly the equivalent of 1400 LoH.

Loh drastically improves with breakpoints however. At 2.73 and 200k dps lifesteal will return the same absolute life per second, but LoH would return much more. Therefore you'd need only 1150 LoH to match its healing power.

Then at 3.001 you'd only need... 960 LoH to match its healing.

And thats at a full 200k dps, which very few SNS have atm.
Reply Quote
thank you very much for the explanation i will go for dagger then to get 2.51 breakpoint with 1100 LoH and 150k dps
Reply Quote
Any improment for my CM wiz ?

thanks

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MONTERS27-2118/hero/7488378
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/monters27-2118/WitchSlayer/7488378
Reply Quote
After reading this post, i decided to sell down my DH gear and re-gear low to mid-tier CM wizard

Amazing post and subsequent discussion

Ended up spending about 35 Mil for the gear i got which is far from game breaking - But i figured it may work well with the group i play with (1 barbs, monk and one DH)

Hopefully with some key mashing this will work as intended
:)
Reply Quote
Well you weren't lying when you stated "Comprehensive". Great thread!~
Reply Quote
01/10/2013 12:15 AMPosted by Aphraell
Well you weren't lying when you stated "Comprehensive". Great thread!~

Thanks. I like to be thorough.
Reply Quote
Any tips for me? I'm not sure where to upgrade, or what I need to balance out my build to make it better.
Reply Quote
I want some help with my MC build, i have 300k gold and this stats without buffs:

vit:0.7k
int:1.7k
crit damage:104%
Crit : 43.5%
APoC: 23
LoH: 415
HP: 28k
Armor: 4.3
Resists: 408~492
APS: 1.85
DPS: 41k

what I can change now with this gold and what mp and act should i farm?
Or what should i change when i acquire more gold.
Edited by rmldfilho#1526 on 1/15/2013 6:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
Really nice guide, I spent a little above 50mil got a wiz with
Crit: 50% crit+
APoC: 18
LoH: 1000+
APS: 2.73+ (with time wrap)
Armor: 5000+ (with energy armor)
Resists: 500-800
HP: 35K
DPS: 78k

The most expensive two items are:
a Lanci with crit 4.5 but low other stats for 7.5mil
and OH Chanto for 15 mil.
Everything else cost average 1-3mil per piece.

the build works perfectly.
MP5 can be speed run through.
Thanks for all the writing up!
Reply Quote
I'll try and ask my question without being bashed here. How can you have 3 Defensive abilities, 1 Mastery, 1 Conjuration and 1 Force?
Reply Quote
Elective Mode :) It is under Gameplay in the Options menu ^_^
Reply Quote
thanks sinafae got it now :)
Reply Quote
Man, this is great. I don't know why I didn't search for this before. I am going to try this, as my build is completely ineffective on MP1. Heck, it's ineffective normally.

But I only have 300k to spend :/
Reply Quote
it takes awhile to get used to placiing tornadoes, but after running almost all of act I its by far the best choice, everything dies so fast, plus alot of defensive abilities. Inferno is easier than nightmare will this spec, although just gotta be careful since u die alot faster
Reply Quote
01/29/2013 07:25 PMPosted by Fathme
it takes awhile to get used to placiing tornadoes, but after running almost all of act I its by far the best choice, everything dies so fast, plus alot of defensive abilities. Inferno is easier than nightmare will this spec, although just gotta be careful since u die alot faster

Higher attack speeds greatly improves survivability such that it becomes very hard to die with high APS, decent LoH, and good mitigation. At that point about the only things that can kill you are Mag's swarm, SKs walk attack, and maybe RD+electric mobs if you're too reckless.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]