Diablo® III

What is THE best way to gain experience?

I'm looking to power level a character, so I'm wondering which Act and which area is the best to do that.
Reply Quote
a3 mp 0 - 2 alk run

2 x hf ring, 1 x ruby on helm

there's nothing cheaper than this combo
Reply Quote
What is "2 alk run"?
I don't have a hellfire ring, but I do have a ruby in the helm.
Reply Quote
What is "2 alk run"?
I don't have a hellfire ring, but I do have a ruby in the helm.

(If you don't know what the terms used in they reply mean, you should probably just quit now.
Reply Quote
Yxalitis, I got everything except "alk".
Reply Quote
a alk 2 run means Alkaizer Run mp 2, but for most people they run it on mp 0, i'll link the video for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfoBJBFHYmM
Reply Quote
Ignore the elitist jerk...Alk is short for some guys name....hardly necessary to get a 100 paragon, so I have no idea what this guy is trippin' on.

http://www.thelittlenerd.com/tag/alk-run-diablo-3/
Reply Quote
Are you talking about powerleveling from 1-60, or powerleveling from paragon 1-100? For the first, the fastest way is to have someone carry you (repeatedly) through MP10 normal/nightmare/hell in the densest areas of A3. For the second, solo MP0 or MP1 Alkaizer runs in act 3. Of course, get a ruby in your helm, a hellfire ring for your character and one for your follower. If you can afford it, a leoric's signet for your character and one for your follower. And of course, always have 24% move speed.

As for spec, you'd have to look up popular leveling specs for your character. Off the top of my head, some of them are as follows:
- barbarian: whirlwind spec
- demon hunter: ball lightning or multishot + vault w/ tactical advantage
- monk: maybe a tempest rush spec (I'm not too knowledgeable about monks)
- witch doctor: grave injustice spec with spirit walk + thing of the deep
- wizard: archon spec (preferably with scramble)
Edited by Dazarath#1968 on 12/9/2012 12:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
I see. I looked it up on Diablo Wiki:

1. Start game on Act Three, on the last quest: Heart of Sin : Kill Azmodan
2. Waypoint to The Core of Arreat, clear level, portal back to town.
3. Waypoint to Tower of the Damned Level 1, clear level in a circle returning to the waypoint.
4. Waypoint to Arreat Crater Level 2, clear level, portal back to town.
5. Waypoint to The Bridge of Korsikk. Clear the Fields of Slaughter level in a circle, returning to the waypoint.
6. Waypoint to The Keep Depths Level 1, take stairs to The Keep Depths Level 2, clear level.
7. Leave game, create new game, repeat.

Wouldn't it be more efficient to just play Act 3 over and over?
BTW, I'm talking about paragon leveling.
Edited by Starblazer#1223 on 12/9/2012 12:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
BTW, I'm talking about paragon leveling.
No, it wouldn't be.
Reply Quote
Alk is very efficient, but I prefer other runs.

Barb - Alaric (quest from atc1, just clean the same cave over and over) (up to MP5)
Wiz (Archon) - Keep lvl 2 only, over and over. (up to MP3)
Monk - Arreat crater lvl 2, and keep lvl 2, startin from the end of Arreat crater lvl 2 (MP0)

This also depend on your build.

The goal is 60mil/hour, but you will need very expensive gears for this, for normal gears, I consider 40mil/hour very efficient.
Edited by GoejoHusan#1207 on 12/9/2012 1:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
OK. I'll try the Alkaiser runs. Thanx!
Reply Quote
12/09/2012 12:54 AMPosted by Starblazer

No, some people fall to this thinking because they overvalue the ability to carry the 5 NV even though the sacrifice they're making is that they have to clear low density, low exp areas as a result. It's much better to cherrypick the highest density areas in A3 and just clear those over and over even though you have to re-stack NV every game.

BTW, those instructions from Diablo Wiki are a bit off. You first want to checkpoint outside of Azmodan's lair so that you begin every game from there. Then it goes as follows:
- Core of Arreat (backwards)
- WP to Tower of the Damned 1. Make 1 circle.
- WP to Arreat Core 2. Clear to the end and enter Tower of the Cursed. Head to the WP.
- WP to Bridge of Korsikk. Make 1 circle.
- WP to Keeps 1. Enter Keeps 2. Clear to the end or as much as you can clear in one sweep.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]