Diablo® III

Ultimate dps SNS?

I tried Mammoth many times before, it never worked so well. The path of fire was uncontrollable, and it took too long to form a new path. The fire path was narrow too, so you deal less AoE damage compared to MW. Mammoth is not that great.
Reply Quote
Ok wait... Regarding Conflag...

There needs to be some definitive clearing up. Doesn't conflag only work like this: Enemies who are receiving fire dmg receive additional 10% dmg from any attack from the conflag player? This means you can't simply be wearing firewalkers, you would need the walkers to be inflicting fire dmg for the enemies to be affected by the conflag passive, no? I.e. it will work for units in melee range being hurt by the boots, but for ranged units not being burnt by the boots, these ones don't feel affects of conflag

And fire on chant's wand, can someone say once and for all with evidence whether it works with conflag as a general 10% dmg boost to any spell? I guess you could grab 2 identical DPS 1handers, one +fire, one black dmg or other dmg only. Some test where the only variable is the weapon's fire dmg/no fire dmg
Edited by Alesso#1854 on 12/8/2012 8:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
yeah i tried mammoth hydra today, the fire path sucks balls, might be viable if it had a cone like frost hydra but it blows, ultimate dps is probably still meteor or using mw-electrify
Reply Quote

And fire on chant's wand, can someone say once and for all with evidence whether it works with conflag as a general 10% dmg boost to any spell? I guess you could grab 2 identical DPS 1handers, one +fire, one black dmg or other dmg only. Some test where the only variable is the weapon's fire dmg/no fire dmg

I'm extremely sure that chant's wand will NOT proc conflag unless you use spectral blades or you make a white attack.

The easiest way to test is to get a cold weapon, and drop a WW. If the mob gets chilled, then it should work with fire+conflag. I'm willing to bet the mob will not get chilled.
Reply Quote
^OK that's great t hear, that's what I thought. Because conflag should only work for spells that have a dmg type of fire... so yeah it makes sense only 'white' attack would convert to fire dmg from fire weap, not arcane spell dmg or cold for example

Would explosive blast work like blades tho and make conflag work with +fire weap? Or is EB not 'white' dmg
Edited by Alesso#1854 on 12/8/2012 8:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
^OK that's great t hear, that's what I thought. Because conflag should only work for spells that have a dmg type of fire... so yeah it makes sense only 'white' attack would convert to fire dmg from fire weap, not arcane spell dmg or cold for example

Would explosive blast work like blades tho and make conflag work with +fire weap? Or is EB not 'white' dmg

No, EB is physical, which is still one of the elemental types. Spectral Blades, to compare, has no damage type at all.

EDIT: one thought just occured to me. What about the prof from Hellfire ring? Has anyone tried that with conflag? I imagine it would proc a decent amount in the build, but I haven't rolled one with IAS yet to try.
Edited by Loroese#1415 on 12/8/2012 8:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
unless you have 60critical or more, there's no way bone chill will be better than deep freeze. 5the sheet dps is higher by easily more than 15%. nevermind the reduced cooldowns. its only valid against ubers or boss fight record breaking
Edited by saxy#1624 on 12/10/2012 12:13 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]