Diablo® III

MP 10 solo Uber Carry (Video)

Pretty good run Wayneold.

But there is no question, the HotA build is faster vs über bosses.

HoTA is faster against any single target.

However, HoTA does lose out to WW if you have a really pro CM wiz that can lock two ubers in the exact same spot.

Hota is the strongest single target dps spell ingame, and if you have a "pro CM wiz that can lock two ubers in the exact same spot" hota would outdps ww/nado even more thx to the splash damage.
Reply Quote

HoTA is faster against any single target.

However, HoTA does lose out to WW if you have a really pro CM wiz that can lock two ubers in the exact same spot.

Hota is the strongest single target dps spell ingame, and if you have a "pro CM wiz that can lock two ubers in the exact same spot" hota would outdps ww/nado even more thx to the splash damage.

It rarely is ever that close for that to happen. :P

But for WW. It's still decently close.
Reply Quote
12/08/2012 11:17 PMPosted by Wayneold
Good deal, glancing at your profile it seems you are a cold SoJ and a good mainhand (I would go EF in offhand) away from being able to outrun me. Looking good man.

man, a wannabe WW/DT here... your guide appended on Uber's thread is so informative since WW'ing a single target(w/out stopping then bashing) is one part i need to master and you showed that it take serious skills to do it.

just lucky i build my HOTA barb around IAS/CC/CD so i can migrate to WW/DT without that much problem. btw, i'm having an SOJ but its for WD, bought it cheap to try it out and its a must for higher mp/uber run.

P.S Nice guide on how to run WW/DT the right way.
Edited by RazorX#2330 on 12/9/2012 4:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
I was asking about hota and i got ignored... Is -5 hota mandatory for it to work?

Edit I can hota fine with my usual wt ww hybrid by using hota as the extra skill but I find myself wep throwing alot to keep fury maxed for the guaranteed hota crits even with superstition on
Edited by Pariah#1412 on 12/9/2012 8:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
I was asking about hota and i got ignored... Is -5 hota mandatory for it to work?

Edit I can hota fine with my usual wt ww hybrid by using hota as the extra skill but I find myself wep throwing alot to keep fury maxed for the guaranteed hota crits even with superstition on

If you use animosity as a passive, you do not need -5 HoTA. My friend runs with >100% crit on HoTA and with a full fury globe, it seems like he can maintain HoTA / WoTB almost indefinitely.
Reply Quote
12/09/2012 01:50 AMPosted by Det0x

I believe you on this one. I think with optimized gear for HoTA I could easily beat my time on these Uber runs, possibly even carry 2 party members through the event (I would like to see if someone could pull this off).

In fact, with animosity as a passive I should be able to switch my Overpower rune to Crushing Advance, absorb more damage done to me, and maintain a near 100% crit chance....I might need to give this a shot.
Reply Quote
12/09/2012 04:01 AMPosted by RazorX
Good deal, glancing at your profile it seems you are a cold SoJ and a good mainhand (I would go EF in offhand) away from being able to outrun me. Looking good man.

man, a wannabe WW/DT here... your guide appended on Uber's thread is so informative since WW'ing a single target(w/out stopping then bashing) is one part i need to master and you showed that it take serious skills to do it.

just lucky i build my HOTA barb around IAS/CC/CD so i can migrate to WW/DT without that much problem. btw, i'm having an SOJ but its for WD, bought it cheap to try it out and its a must for higher mp/uber run.

P.S Nice guide on how to run WW/DT the right way.

Hey man, thanks for the compliments, I appreciate it. If you need any help make sure to let me know.
Reply Quote
i'm gonna take you up on this challenge. Tho i do HOTA+ rend with skorn. soon soon
Reply Quote
Nice work Wayne. You made it look easy.
Reply Quote
Cloud you should do it too!
Reply Quote
This is seriously insane... so jaleous right meow!

Good job man
Edited by GragorR#1575 on 12/9/2012 11:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/09/2012 10:01 AMPosted by Wayneold
I think with optimized gear for HoTA I could easily beat my time on these Uber runs, possibly even carry 2 party members through the event (I would like to see if someone could pull this off).

Kongor carries 3 on his stream at MP10. He does HotA. He is very fast so I think a less geared player could still do it before enrage.
Reply Quote
i just saw Kongors barb. jesus that has to be the best gear i have ever seen.
Reply Quote
12/09/2012 01:50 AMPosted by Det0x
12/09/2012 02:07 AMPosted by Uberjager
It rarely is ever that close for that to happen. :P

I've played with quite a few CM Wizards and it's not that difficult for them to lock them close together. Perhaps you're not playing with good CM Wizards. I find if I join in on mp 6-7 that the group is (bite my tongue) "omg you guys suck" and have to carry them, whereas if I join in on mp 8-10 groups the CM Wizards are usually quite well decked out. Sometimes I have to reposition myself, but that's to be expected.

12/09/2012 08:52 AMPosted by Pariah

In relation to a target that doesn't die quickly such as elites or ubers then no it is not mandatory. In my playstyles I use #3 for HotA and I just hold it down steady doing the occassional Bash->Punish every few seconds only to refresh my +24% dmg buff. I try to keep my Fury at around half to two-thirds.
Edited by Kurama#1461 on 12/9/2012 1:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
HotA sucks. There's no need to use it, and definitely no need for HotA reduction gear, especially HotA SoJ's. They're worthless.

These aren't the droids you're looking for.
Reply Quote
12/09/2012 11:48 AMPosted by VeePow
I think with optimized gear for HoTA I could easily beat my time on these Uber runs, possibly even carry 2 party members through the event (I would like to see if someone could pull this off).

Kongor carries 3 on his stream at MP10. He does HotA. He is very fast so I think a less geared player could still do it before enrage.

You mind providing a link?
Reply Quote
Nice work, Wayne. Before I sold my Barb, I did a few carries after Celanian asked me for help. It was my first time doing solo carries and while they were fun, it just couldn't hold my interest. Solo carries are a lonely island of repetition.

I believe Kongor does the carries by telling his leechers to die and leave game immediately after the fight starts. That way, the monster HP goes down and everyone still gets their organs -- it's what all of the best solo carriers do for maximum efficiency.

I also did carries with an awesome wizard named Arkhane who could lock everything and I would provide the damage. If you run with a CM wizard who can't lock anything, then find another wizard. CM wizards like Arkhane aren't easy to find and they are fantastic teammates who can make a carry go by quickly.

I also did speed solos without HoTA and DTWW, but it just wasn't fun for me after 50+ hellfire rolls -- all of which were complete crap. I recommend using HoTA + DTWW though. Throw is still a great utility for Kulle if you need to pull him away from the bubbles, but for single targets only, the HoTA skill is capable of damage per second efficiency that soundly beats out DTWW.

Edit: lol @ War Cry
Edited by acrimony#1561 on 12/9/2012 1:27 PM PST
Reply Quote

It is not mandatory but it is more efficient (and increase overall damage output) to reduce the fury requirement for HOTA. Keep in mind that HOTA does not proc into the fray 100%. Even at 100% crit, you will find yourself alternating HOTA and frency/bash to keep the fury up without -5.

Nice video Wayneold! Try doing it with the HOTA build. It is much faster than nado.
Reply Quote
I just tried using HoTA on Ubers...I don't think my gear is optimal for that build.....I need a lot more attack speed to make it worthwhile, not to mention I felt kinda squishy at time when I was just standing there taking hits...probably just lack of experience with the build caused that issue.

I can imagine a Skorn with IAS gear would be best for HoTA....I actually had longer clear times with HoTA then I did WW....the lack of mobility without Sprint really hurt when Kulle or Maghda decided they wanted to run away. Even though I was doing greater burst damage, I had less damage uptime while the bosses were running. I am sure there are some HoTA barbs out there that could clear faster then me, but I don't think it is worthwhile for myself to try that spec.

EDIT: I think HoTA build is better utilized by barbs with high stat sheet DPS....mine is just too low, and although I made HoTA work it was not the increase in clear times I was hoping it would be.
Edited by Wayneold#1685 on 12/9/2012 2:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/09/2012 01:27 PMPosted by acrimonious
lol @ War Cry

It's cool....I make War Cry look good.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]