Diablo® III

What MP level do you farm at? and what run?

I am usually doing act 3 on mp 2. some people i know do it on 1 because they say you get through it faster. And he only gets up to 5 stacks then does the keeps and then restarts. I usually do most of it, like the keeps, rakkis crossing and the thing before that, and the 3 levels before azzy and him. What are you guys doing?
Reply Quote
Full Act 3 runs, MP8. Start at Azmo and run backwards from there. No cave, no barraks, no foundry or battlefield stores.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
12/09/2012 07:58 PMPosted by Sephiroth
No cave, no barraks, no foundry or battlefield stores.
Stick your nose in the stores to see if there is a champ pack in there though.
Reply Quote
12/09/2012 07:58 PMPosted by Sephiroth
Full Act 3 runs, MP8. Start at Azmo and run backwards from there. No cave, no barraks, no foundry or battlefield stores.

Just curious, if doing full runs why start at the end? I know the popular alkaizer routes and variants start at end to get quick NV stacks, but they're resetting the game frequently.
Reply Quote
MP3 for me. I get my NV stacks from Keeps then straight to Bridge then run all the way to Azmo. takes 30 mins. I tend to kill white mobs for Exp and they tend to drop Legends too. I think the quality of rares and legendary in mp3 is pretty good and I can multishot everything which makes my runs so much faster. It's best to do a full run instead of doing small bits of each area. I get about 3-4 legendary drops per run sometimes and that's from doing a full run.
Reply Quote
MP 6-7 Act 3. Either a full Act run or I start at the Keep's Depths.

If I wanted more speed then I'll lower it down. I usually run those MP's for drop rates but I'm not lucky at times.
Edited by CoolSam#1453 on 12/9/2012 9:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
MP3 with my 300% character magic find gear on.... for fast easy runs.
MP7 with survivability gear for key farming and ubers.
Reply Quote
MP8 full clear Act 3, bosses and all. Only thing I skip is the raising catapults because it takes to long to raise them. I start from the breached keep and run from there and at the end of the run I go kill the key warden.
Edited by Death#1408 on 12/10/2012 9:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
imho you're still better off doing MP1 unless you're in the mid 250k dps unbuffed.
you kill more
you gain xp faster
more drops
doesnt require as much gear

the only reason to do MP5+ would be to farm keys/ubers

the alkaizer route is about 15 elites btw, not just 5. anyway, once you hit a certain paragon level, whites drop legendaries more than elites do

o/
Reply Quote
Sure we can all do lower MP levels and just lay waste to everything in one shot but I actually "enjoy" a challenge while I game.
Reply Quote
12/09/2012 07:58 PMPosted by SephirothFull Act 3 runs, MP8. Start at Azmo and run backwards from there. No cave, no barraks, no foundry or battlefield stores.Just curious, if doing full runs why start at the end? I know the popular alkaizer routes and variants start at end to get quick NV stacks, but they're resetting the game frequently.

I start at the end because the mob density in the Core of Arreat and Tower of the Cursed are lower compared to the rest of the run. This means that you get your 5 stack before you clear the areas of high mob density, such as arreat craters, battlefields, fields of misery and the keep.

12/10/2012 09:28 AMPosted by Veritech
imho you're still better off doing MP1 unless you're in the mid 250k dps unbuffed.

I get more XP farming MP0-1, but I get more legendaries on higher MPs. I still do lower MP runs to help my paragon leveling (these last 20 levels are really slow) and hope that I find more legendaries at low MPs as my Plvl continues to approach 100.
Reply Quote
I do MP4 just cause it's not much harder and the added 100% mf is nice.

Edit: I do alk run + rakkis, keeps 3, then hit up stonefort.
Edited by Nick#11944 on 12/12/2012 8:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
0 for exp, 5 for keys, 10 for ubers.

I usually do *near* full clear for exp just because short routes are too boring. I usually do exp runs on secondary screen while watching something on the main screen.
Reply Quote
MP0 for paragon leveling/farming, Mp10 for keys, MP 10 for organs.
Edited by chinkjuice#1601 on 12/12/2012 8:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
Mp 5 to 7 for farming and key runs. Mp 1 for speed runs.

Do you guys find the drop rates of legendaries significantly higher at higher MP?
Reply Quote
MP1... @ Bastion keep. sometimes i do MP2 since the walls and doors in Bastion keep gives me a great advantage over Mobs & Elites. (spike trap the door, snipe away)
Reply Quote
MP 6-7 Act 3. Either a full Act run or I start at the Keep's Depths.

If I wanted more speed then I'll lower it down. I usually run those MP's for drop rates but I'm not lucky at times.

Ohh Cool.. is that the gear is see in your profile that you use to run MP6-7?... interesting....oO
Reply Quote
I mainly Run MP2-3 . But occasionally MP6-7
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 08:58 PMPosted by RaveaAngel
Do you guys find the drop rates of legendaries significantly higher at higher MP?

Yes, I'm getting 2 - 3 legendaries per hour on MP8. You won't notice a significant difference until your paragon lvl is pretty high, though.
Reply Quote
MP3 act 3.

Start on Kill SB quest, clear keep depths 1-3, clear rakkis, fields, then do SB. After that clear everything down to azmodan and after him hit up keywarden and restart.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]