Diablo® III

Proc / Toad / Acid Cloud Docs!

How many here play Toad/AC spam with procs? I am finding it very enjoyable. If you play Acid cloud like its a primary please comment here I would love to have a look at your profile.

I have a quick question for those that do, is Chill worth it? I see the effects of my freeze and stun all the time but never seem to notice chill. Would I be better off without it?
Reply Quote
just equiip your scoundrel with a buriza-do kyanon, thats all the proc you need honestly. I dont understand why people play 'Proctors', even in groups, u have 3 other people to spread the dmg around, or even a Wiz to just permafreeze stuff for u.
Reply Quote
Pretty sure Acid Rain has the highest proc rate of any class skill in the game. This guy made some spreadsheets: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004036888

So one can argue that it is a class-defining skill for WDs. I like to take advantage of such skills that make our class uniquely powerful, like:

Zombie Bears: highest spammable damage
Acid Rain: best proc
Soul Harvest + Gruesome Feast: best primary stat booster
Gargantuan: best pet

I don't have a CM Wiz buddy. If I did, I would drop my stun/freeze.

Not a huge fan of toads because of the small AOE. Only reason I would pick them up would be to deal with Waller packs, but Well of Souls does even better vs. Wallers, and Acid Rain goes "underneath" walls.
Reply Quote
@Soundb

According to that logic there is never any reason to run anything other than Zbears or Zero Dogs. (frankly if I take your logic there is not reason to run anything but WW barb...)

Now if you have decided to run a Cloud doc then Procs help optimise the build for sure. My 3% Freeze and 3% stun have a very noticable effect at mid to high MP.

@Dikembe

ROT is our second best proc, and a primary is required if you want to try to spam AC. It also fits the "rain" theme.
Edited by blackjack#1375 on 12/7/2012 11:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/07/2012 11:31 AMPosted by blackjack
and a primary is required if you want to try to spam AC.

That's the only part i disagree with.
The rest of what black is saying I do agree with. The added survivability to solo play at higher MP and the minimal/if any loss of dps is totally worth the affix.
Reply Quote
Im surprised any one in this thread considers themselves a proctor with such low cc stats.
Reply Quote
@ ChuckNorris

Well procing an't what it used to be... You can't rely on it as a primary build any more now that pets dont proc. Its a nice supliment if you can find gear that does not sacrifice too much to get it. Case in point, I am seriously considering dumping my chill shoulders for shoulders with more VIT and or life%.

@JimBob

Many props to you man, you helped me alot with my build. However +30% mana regen is a must IMO if your gonna spam the AC. In my build thats +30 mana regen, more than a full zuni set gives... If I could get my EHP to a good place I would consider taking on Spiritual Atunment as well.
Edited by blackjack#1375 on 12/7/2012 2:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
I've been using toads and acid rain for quite some time now, simply the best combo to get life back!
Reply Quote
@Dfrelat

Try tossing in freze chance belt and a stun chance glove and letme know what you think... If you dont have to give up to many stats for them i highly recommend.
Reply Quote
Long time "proctor" here. I've dropped some of the lesser CC%s like slow, chill and fear (get back here!) but still make a few small sacrifices in stats for good rolls on freeze, stun and immobilize.

I'm still playing around with the build a bit here and there, but I've set on this PvE build more or less. A hidden bonus of the proctor build is that come PvP (assuming it ever comes out) you may have a big advantage :) The proc rate is not to be trifled with, for a few small hits to stats, you can lock up elites and ubers like sb fairly consistently.

RoT is exceptionally important, as without this skill you would just be relying on AC which is inefficient when you already have nearly infinite mana (at least I do).

Don't forget life on hit too. I can't wait to check out some of the profiles here and see what others are doing. Tired of the 0 dogs and bears threads, exciting to see something I can relate to.
Reply Quote
Awsome! Welcom PeeTrain. Would love your opinion of my doc.
Reply Quote
If you're still worried about having to cast primary as a form of mana regen you can try death is life with gruesome feast if you are running grasps. Personally on the rare times that I OOM I just WOS until Spirit walk is up.

@Chuck that`s the trick for at least me for now. Gotta Raise CC chance with proc pieces while keeping LOH/LS/CD/HP/AR/Armor/Mana in a place where you can continue to function.

Like for example I could easily double/triple my chance to freeze, but I can`t afford to lose the 10% HP currently.
Edited by Jimbob#1821 on 12/7/2012 3:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
I am curious on peoples oppinons on how knock back interacts with the hard cc effects.

are you finding knockback useful and in what way? Im thinking if u already have a target locked up with stun/freeze the knockback might move them out of the ac pool and reduce overall cc uptime.

does knockback increase a targets cc resistance?
Edited by ChuckNorris#1885 on 12/7/2012 3:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
That`s one of the reasons I went with immobilize and not stun. Rather have them locked into place then knocked back out of range. I was also wondering about dropping immobilize because if immobilize procs then freeze/Stun can not.
Edited by Jimbob#1821 on 12/7/2012 4:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/07/2012 04:04 PMPosted by Jimbob
That`s one of the reasons I went with immobilize and not stun. Rather have them locked into place then knocked back out of range. I was also wondering about dropping immobilize because if immobilize procs then freeze/Stun can not.

jimbob you do not understand how cc works. all the statements/assumptions in your post are incorrect
Reply Quote
I have personally never seen a mob been hit with 2 status effects on the same action.
Edited by Jimbob#1821 on 12/7/2012 4:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/07/2012 04:32 PMPosted by Jimbob
I have personally never seen a mob been hit with 2 status effects on the same action.

lol no wonder when your running 4.4% combined hard cc. I run 40%+. trust
Reply Quote
@Soundb

According to that logic there is never any reason to run anything other than Zbears or Zero Dogs.

0dogs and zombie bears are all I see the MP10 guys running. With the occaisonal RoT/AC WD's, but they are much much slower and kite a ton more.

Maybe that doesn't mean anything to you?
Edited by Soundb#1770 on 12/7/2012 4:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
@soundb

then why do you run a wd at all? For your buck you should be running a CM WW mage right?

Personally I don't much care about mp10 (though I would like to get good enough to do it one day).
Edited by blackjack#1375 on 12/7/2012 4:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
@soundb

then why do you run a wd at all? For your buck you should be running a CM WW mage right?

Personally I don't much care about mp10 (though I would like to get good enough to do it one day).

I run a WD because I want to play a WD. I run the spec I play because I want to play the spec I play, I'm just giving you my opinion.

also playing Acid Cloud as a primary is just stupid. It's not even possible. Spamming AC just means you are wasting mana by relapping the dot on the previous AC. And to get back the mana to spam AC again you cast more of a primary spell in the first place while you regen mana, so you aren't spamming AC as a primary anyways.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]