Diablo® III

Is Diablo 3 ever going to get a Ladder?

When Ladder was patched into D2, it saved the game, kept it going strong for more years.

So why the hell doesn't Diablo 3 have a a ladder? Ladder would work great with the RMAH, Blizzard makes money, players are happy, everyone wins right?
Reply Quote
View profile
I know that Blizz is thinking about adding in a ladder. But it will no doubt be long after PvP is added. I would say that the ladder servers should not have a RMAH. Due to the fact that some buy their gear from the RMAH. Then they would say oh now I have to spend more money again for the next ladder.
Reply Quote
I say HELL NO to ladders. HATED the ladder in D2. I had to play ladder to have the best stuff, because of ladder only content, but then basically lose all my stuff and be forced to start all over when they reset. Horrible. Stupid. NO NO NO to ladders.
Reply Quote
Yes.

It's only been 6 months though.
It would be ridiculously premature to implement a ladder so soon.

Expect a dedicated RMAH driven ladder server option to be introduced either next year or one year after the expansion release.
Reply Quote
The problem with a ladder system is that Diablo III is too easy. It just comes down to who has enough time to play. The only way to make a competitive ladder system is for hardcore mode, with an Monster Power level of 5 or higher required.
Reply Quote
I dont think D3 will ever get a ladder an expansion and PvP should put enough life into D3 that it wont need a ladder for at least 2 years anyway.

but on the other hand drops will just keep getting harder and harder to sell which isnt much fun.
Reply Quote
View profile
12/09/2012 04:44 AMPosted by DeadRu
I know that Blizz is thinking about adding in a ladder. But it will no doubt be long after PvP is added. I would say that the ladder servers should not have a RMAH. Due to the fact that some buy their gear from the RMAH. Then they would say oh now I have to spend more money again for the next ladder.

Lol , I guess the fact that many ladder players in D2 bought stuff from the item seller sites flew right over this guy's head. How little they know about the game.

Answer this:
What happens to D3 ladder characters when the ladder resets?

Oh and everyone that was on the ladder bought all of their gear. I do not think so, also those that did buy their gear only paid about $50-$100 as opposed to hundreds of dollars to gear up one character. Gearing in D2 even on the black market was dirt cheap due to all of the duped items. So the ladder resets were not a problem.

But in this game it would be a problem with the RMAH when you might have players that spend hundreds of dollars just to gear up a single character.

What happens to a character after a ladder reset? Well I would guess after you reach your 10 character limit you would delete one character to make the next ladder character.
Reply Quote
Let's see op wants ladder reset. ......(looks at OP's profile)........oh, No wonder. 5k elite kills and trash gear. No thx OP. put in the time and/or cash and work your way up. Just because you never put in the required work to improve doesn't mean we should have all ours destroyed.
Reply Quote
Lets hope not. Ladder is an awful idea to implement
Reply Quote
I'm not exactly sure what is the point of ladder.

1. All characters have the same stats and skills, you can't make a unique build.

2. All items are mostly straight up just bigger numbers, there isn't exactly a lot of fun item-driven builds except for zero-resource builds. And those require very specific rolled items which would be even more expensive in a zeroed out economy. How many WDs can affort -dog CD items at 100m each today? Or zero HOTA barbarians? Very few. No, a reset just means those builds will be extinct for the next three months.

3. Botters and massive gold floods. Get serious, no ladder has ever gotten rid of botters. In fact every ladder reset is basically Harvast time when everyone comes back to buy gold.

Please state in detail, actual benefits of ladder.
Reply Quote
I agree, ladders are crucial.

Rules, though;

• No RMAH for obvious reasons. A ladder is sport, not pay to win, or it loses its purpose.
  • No trading with non-ladder characters.
  • A ladder-only item stash, e.g. no access to your normal stash.
  • After a season is complete, ladder characters become normal characters.
  • Normal is meant to be seen as the 'real' play-mode. This is where you return, always.
  • Seasons need to be fairly short, say 3-4 months, to make sure they feel like temporary competitions. There should be a month or two between each season as well, to let people relax.
  • Winners need to be properly rewarded. Hall of Fame, in-game unique items, banners, etc.
  • Botting situation needs to be dealt with first. This has to be an honest competition.
  • Reply Quote
    I love how these threads always mention the need for a ladder but they never explain how players will be ranked. Also... what do you mean it will go good with an RMAH?
    Reply Quote
    View profile
    I'm not exactly sure what is the point of ladder.

1. All characters have the same stats and skills, you can't make a unique build.

2. All items are mostly straight up just bigger numbers, there isn't exactly a lot of fun item-driven builds except for zero-resource builds. And those require very specific rolled items which would be even more expensive in a zeroed out economy. How many WDs can affort -dog CD items at 100m each today? Or zero HOTA barbarians? Very few. No, a reset just means those builds will be extinct for the next three months.

3. Botters and massive gold floods. Get serious, no ladder has ever gotten rid of botters. In fact every ladder reset is basically Harvast time when everyone comes back to buy gold.

Please state in detail, actual benefits of ladder.

So there were different ladders in D2 that were associated with each different build. Like for paladins they had your hammerdin ladder, zealots ladder, etc..., right? Please show me where you had a ladder for each different build.
    Reply Quote
    12/09/2012 04:16 AMPosted by Matt90977
    I say HELL NO to ladders. HATED the ladder in D2. I had to play ladder to have the best stuff, because of ladder only content, but then basically lose all my stuff and be forced to start all over when they reset. Horrible. Stupid. NO NO NO to ladders.

what ?
    are you sure you are talking about the same game here
    when the ladder resets you only need to start a new mule and rush to lvl 99 again
    you can have a friend help you transfer the gear from 1 mule to another so you don't really need to start from scratch

also if they add a ladder i don't think they will take out anything from the game thing including AH because it would be to much work UNLESS they simply add a ladder game mode that takes out or adds rules items fonctions etc

so we would end up with SC HC and ladder mode dividing the player base even more
    Edited by erosinnin#1834 on 12/10/2012 7:29 AM PST
    Reply Quote
    what ?
    are you sure you are talking about the same game here
    when the ladder resets you only need to start a new mule and rush to lvl 99 again
    you can have a friend help you transfer the gear from 1 mule to another so you don't really need to start from scratch

In d2, when ladder reset, your character, and all his/her stuff, became non-ladder. That makes all the work you did building that char and collecting gear completely pointless. Sure, you could still play non ladder, but why? Non ladder is !@#$ without the ladder only content. Therefore, yes, you were starting from scratch. Not sure what game you were playing, but, as far as I know, there was no way to save your gear from becoming non ladder.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]