Diablo® III

Life regen worth it for a barb?

How good is life regen? or should i go with LoH and Life Steal?
Reply Quote
I use life regen, I like it. I cant always be hitting things so life regen is more dependable IMO.
Reply Quote
Lifesteal% is good for high DPS builds, espcially high DPS tornado barbs

If you go tank, you dont need any of those 3, but regen is always good. saves your life in a DC sometimes

I never use LoH
Reply Quote
I bought all the good LoH gears, so you won't find any!
Reply Quote
Lifesteal% is good for high DPS builds, espcially high DPS tornado barbs

If you go tank, you dont need any of those 3, but regen is always good. saves your life in a DC sometimes

I never use LoH

i agree. and in the case of a d/c, lag, or pop-up, LoH ain't doing nothing.

my life regen is anywhere from 1800-2200 depending on gear and that allows me to stand in packs of normal mobs and take hits and not die (on MP1) with my current gear.

IF there was no such thing as d/cs, lag etc, then I might think of an argument for LoH. However, of course, both is best.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
As a rend barb i really like Regen alot better esp if i need to kite and run around and whatnot im always regening life.
Reply Quote
Life regen is one of the best methods to gain life period.

It works regardless of you attacking or doing anyhting. It works during a disconnect.

Barbs can really stack it high due to inspiring presence, they can easily get over 2000 regen.
Reply Quote
View profile
Regen and LS > loh, though you can sometimes get such crazy high loh that it's pretty nice as well. Easiest thing to do is to just run IP, then after that it's a matter of what you have to give up to get more regen.
Reply Quote
I always go for LPS rather than LOH even on barb, mainly because I get disconnected quiete often. As many people say, you should build your hardcore character around the 1% of gametime where you are in deep !@#$.

also, having high LOH could actually kill you because you get so used to having your hp almost full all the time even when standing in arcane/desecrate/etc as long as your attacking something. So when %^-* goes down, and you end up standing in the same desecrate but you arent hitting anything, you can die and you wont even know what happened because you werent prepared.

the latter goes especially for WW barbs who can regen tremendous amount of hp using LOH and they get used to it and think theyre safe (and they are) until something goes wrong
Reply Quote
Is it important for hardcore.
Reply Quote
I don't understand using IP once you've already gotten excellent regen on your gear. There would almost have to be an extra defensive passive available that would give you more survivability. (Damage reduction increases the value of each regen point proportionally.)
Reply Quote
12/10/2012 03:33 AMPosted by JiJin
I don't understand using IP once you've already gotten excellent regen on your gear. There would almost have to be an extra defensive passive available that would give you more survivability. (Damage reduction increases the value of each regen point proportionally.)

Because the marginal benefit of damage reduction lwoers the more you get it. Life regen just keeps stacking up. And it scales with your life. 1k+ life regen is pretty awesome, most people would kill to get stuff like that.
Reply Quote

IP, like a lot of other passives, is more of a starting passive. I still use it, but then again other than the IK chest I found my Regen is nothing spectacular (1300 before IP, 2600-2700 with impunity, over 3k with Invig).

Until one can find gear that gives them about that 2500 mark without it, IP is a really safe way to play. As stated before, it is the only thing that will save you from a DC, not to mention its nice to regen while running away.

My recommendation, find a group of players you can play with consistently. People that can protect you incase of a DC, and you can settle for about 2k regen or less if you don't play recklessly. Use that opportunity to find some dps and tune up your abilities, ensuring that you also generate extra life in combat (LoH, either a good LoH/socket weapon or 1-2 pieces of jewelry should be sufficient) and have reasonable escapes just incase.

Good luck with your HC adventures.
Reply Quote

Because the difference between say 2k and 3k regen is a lot. stacking it through the roof with general high eHP will signifncatly broaden the number of DC scenarios you can survive
Reply Quote
12/09/2012 10:51 PMPosted by Artyom
the latter goes especially for WW barbs who can regen tremendous amount of hp using LOH and they get used to it and think theyre safe (and they are) until something goes wrong

http://youtu.be/paw_2EJBzFs
Reply Quote
Very strong, been stacking a decent amount on my Barb, hit 2700 with inspiring presence. I have no doubt it saved my life twice yesterday when I made some huge mistakes and would have died otherwise.

Barbs die when they can't attack/CCed. Regen is the only way to recoup health in the situations that are most likely to kill you.
Reply Quote
12/10/2012 05:06 AMPosted by Actua
Because the marginal benefit of damage reduction lwoers the more you get it. Life regen just keeps stacking up. And it scales with your life.

IP itself scales with your life, but gear regen effectiveness scales with all forms of damage reduction and not with life. If you have no regen (or very low) apart from IP, then you should be using it, but if you're nearing 2K on gear, then you can make ALL your heals (LS, LoH, globes, potion, also shield block if you use one) worth more EHP in one shot by using that slot for a defensive passive.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]