Diablo® III

Witching HR VS Innas belt and pants

Hi,

I am currently wearing innas belt and pants to get the 130Dex bonus.

However I have seen many DH using witching hour + innas pants.( or other pants)

My question is: I have bought a witching hour with similar dex with my belt. Ias 9%, CD 40.

However it doesn't seems to increase my DPS at all.. Maybe it is due to loss of 130 dex bonus.

How should be witching be used in order to enjoy higher DPS. It seems no point for me..

Until now I still didn't really see the witching hour merit..

Can expert help to advise a confused DH?

Really appreciate!!
Reply Quote
Witching hour can be a better belt. Unfortunately, it takes pretty expensive ones to even compare with mid range inna's belts. I've compared mine with TONS of witching hours. The only time I start to see them even match it is when you start looking at 150m+ belts. Don't get me wrong; they are great. Though for me, the only way I'll get a witching hour is if I go all out DPS and eHP with it. That means high dex, high vit, high AR, high AS and high CD. Otherwise, it's just not worth it. Basically, it's worth it if you've got tons of gold with nothing else to spend it on.
Reply Quote
Well, a witching hour has 4 random magic rolls. Which means that you can get both vit and res along with dex. Inna's belt only has one random roll, so you can't get both res and vit. If you can afford a great WH, it's worth buying. If you can't, I'd stick with an Inna's belt.
Reply Quote
Fully understood! I think it is time to sell my newly bought witching hour away!

Haha!
Reply Quote
the thing about WH is the rolls. if your a balanced DH an inna's belt will make you chose between high dex, all res, or mid vit (and would cost ALOT). my WH doesnt have any dex on it and it raised my dps 1k less then a similar priced inna's would net me, however the vitality is just SO much better then the slightly more dps that i end up prefering it.

inna;s wouldalso be better for a rare crossbow with natural dmg rather then a manticore because the %dmg adds only to natural dmg.

what i'd do is before i buy, post the belt from the AH in your chat and then check what stats it would add to you (bear in mind it doesnt count set bonuses but w.e) then decide if you should buy or not.
Reply Quote
Here is a good thread for you to read:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7199963453

(Note: I have a different witching hour now than the one I referenced in that thread)
Reply Quote
For me, Inna's is better DPS wise but that technically isn't true. Can't beat my Witching Hour though for Vitality/Life % Combo.

What your DPS doesn't show is the fact you just added CD. While it may not "boost" your paper dps as much, it will give you higher crit damage possibility.
Reply Quote
Witching hour is more for ehp than dps gain..
Reply Quote
12/09/2012 10:37 PMPosted by Nyg8
inna;s wouldalso be better for a rare crossbow with natural dmg rather then a manticore because the %dmg adds only to natural dmg.

Can you please explain this? The 7-8% holy dmg on innas belt actually adds DPS to your character, regardless of what bow you use, elemental or not. I've always been confused as to why people want 'black' weapons. Please enlighten me. :)
Reply Quote
the thing with %elemntal dmg is that it adds ONLY to your natural (black) dmg. and not to any kind of elemental dmg which is why WH would be better if you use a manticore.
Reply Quote
12/10/2012 06:44 AMPosted by Nyg8
the thing with %elemntal dmg is that it adds ONLY to your natural (black) dmg. and not to any kind of elemental dmg which is why WH would be better if you use a manticore.

You still benefit from %elemental even with an elemental weapon but it's only like 60% of what you would get if you were using a black weapon.

Manticore:
stat change from a 7% belt -> http://puu.sh/1znl2
stat change from a 8% belt -> http://puu.sh/1znlv

Retarded Windforce:
stat change from a 7% belt -> http://puu.sh/1znpt
stat change from a 8% belt -> http://puu.sh/1znq7

As you can see, the jump is significantly different but there's still a change even while using a Manticore.
Edited by MOMOZ#1426 on 12/10/2012 6:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
Even using a manticore, If you were to take the 7-8% holy dmg off the innas belt, your DPS would lower. I guess thats why I dont understand.

Your saying Manticores have SOME black damage that the %holy is adding to? And that the %holy would add MORE dmg to a pure black weapon? Thanks.
Reply Quote
12/10/2012 06:51 AMPosted by MOMOZ

You still benefit from %elemental even with an elemental weapon but it's only like 60% of what you would get if you were using a black weapon.

Ok, makes sense. I bet a lot of people don't even know that, nor do they probably know that %ele does add to your DPS, regardless of what you use. Thanks for clearing that up.
Reply Quote
It has IAS, enough said.
Reply Quote
Fully understood! I think it is time to sell my newly bought witching hour away!

Haha!

That is exactly what happened to me. I had someone link a WH and the game said it was a nice dps upgrade. I bought one better than the one someone had linked and it was a dps loss with no other benefits. I had to sell it back and lost ~10M. The game doesn't factor in set bonus when it shows dps adjustments for new gear which is really annoying.

But yeah, like everyone else said, the only benefit to WH is that it can roll vit AND AR. So you need to get one with high enough stats to match innas dps which requires high AS and high CD and decently high dex AND get one with vit and AR. For that you're going to pay a fortune and you're only going to gain vit or AR.

Also, if you prefer high attack speed you can go WH and innas pants and maintain the same dps with higher attack speed. Or if you want more EHP but don't mind losing a little dps you can go with WH and depth diggers which will provide you the most EHP potential. But of course if you go with the depth diggers then you need to get that movement speed elsewhere too.
Edited by Merlin#1312 on 12/10/2012 11:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
My topic before might help you a bit. When I was on a crossroad between innas and WH.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7273268760#17
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]