Diablo® III

Perm vault low MP paragon grind

Mainly for those that are too stingy/poor for a decent legacy nats set and don't want their dps to plummet.

Skills:

1) Vault - tumble. Shouldn't need to ask why, have to keep discipline costs as low as possible
2) Preparation - backup plan. Mainly for if you run out of mobs to hit and run out of disc or run into a reflect pack
3) Multishot - suppression fire. Not used as a source of damage. Just use it every 2nd wave of trash mobs or so depending on how well you can manage your vaults to restore the discipline
4) Shadow Power - gloom. Keeps you alive, duh.

Primaries:
1) Bola shot - volatile explosives. Some may use spray of teeth instead but clearing trash is much easier with volatile explosives due to the higher damage radius and the splash damage being guaranteed rather than based on your crit chance.
2) Cluster arrow - loaded for bear. Horrible hatred/damage ratio but its enough for quick dps bursts to melt packs so you can go back to moving much sooner.

Passives:
Tactical advantage - lf you're going to be vaulting across alkaizer runs, might as well give yourself a permanent 60% MS boost
Vengeance - allows for hatred generation as well as discipline generation. This build is heavy on resources so anything to keep both of them high is a plus.
Perfectionist/Night stalker - Take your pick. Personally, night stalker doesn't proc often enough to be very useful here so l use perfectionist for the life, AR and discipline reduction.

Depending on your gear, 2-3 bolas into trash then vault to your next wave. Burst down packs with cluster arrow and multishot if you ever run out of discipline. 7-8 minute alkaizer clears ezpz. Have fun ^_^

Oh and if anyone thinks of anything to change to make it more efficient/consistent just let me know or post. l wouldn't mind improving clear time as well.
Edited by MOMOZ#1426 on 12/10/2012 4:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
Ive found BL is more effective for me than Bola... but I have from time to time run low on Disc. I will give Multishot a try.

Great advice man.
Reply Quote
Ive found BL is more effective for me than Bola... but I have from time to time run low on Disc. I will give Multishot a try.

Great advice man.

Yeah l figure you could replace bola with BL and still do fine since you don't really need a hatred generator all too much for this but that one rare moment when lm out of disc as well as hatred and can't do anything would annoy me too much >__>
Reply Quote
The main reasons people use BL as opposed to bola, is because of the time it takes for bola to go off, but this is dependant upon your DPS. If you have to wait around and fire off 5 BLs anyways, bola is probably the right build. I would so anybody over 120k dps is going to better off with BL.

One thing I never see mentioned about BL, which I use it for, is it can hit behind, to the sides, and in front of you. This is especially useful if you have the eHP to face tank anything on the MP you're farming. My farming method (and I'm sure many others that use BL) is to pull a big pack, vault in the middle and pop off a few BLs. The only time I really use gloom is if it's an elite pack of tremors or phase beasts.

Another problem with bola is you have to pop gloom before you shoot so it will leech. You can fire off 2 shots, pop gloom, and those shots wont give you any life back.

If (and I really think there's better builds for WF and 1H X-Bow users) you're using a manticore for farming, the most efficient build is going to be EA, HA/BS as #1 and #2. Vault, gloom, bat companion and preperation. I use vengence, tactical advantage and Archery as my passives as well.
Edited by Saints311#1704 on 12/12/2012 1:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
The main reasons people use BL as opposed to bola, is because of the time it takes for bola to go off, but this is dependant upon your DPS. If you have to wait around and fire off 5 BLs anyways, bola is probably the right build. I would so anybody over 120k dps is going to better off with BL.

One thing I never see mentioned about BL, which I use it for, is it can hit behind, to the sides, and in front of you. This is especially useful if you have the eHP to face tank anything on the MP you're farming. My farming method (and I'm sure many others that use BL) is to pull a big pack, vault in the middle and pop off a few BLs. The only time I really use gloom is if it's an elite pack of tremors or phase beasts.

Another problem with bola is you have to pop gloom before you shoot so it will leech. You can fire off 2 shots, pop gloom, and those shots wont give you any life back.

If (and I really think there's better builds for WF and 1H X-Bow users) you're using a manticore for farming, the most efficient build is going to be EA, HA/BS as #1 and #2. Vault, gloom, bat companion and preperation. I use vengence, tactical advantage and Archery as my passives as well.

For paragon grinding however you don't get the disc regen to vault all the way across alkaizer runs and l did say this was entirely for exp. Depending on how far you are when you take the shot, a bola will explode before a BL even reaches the target anyways and all you're really doing with this set up is running through waves of trash for 7 minutes at a time. There's no need to facetank anything since they all instantly melt.
Reply Quote
I have no problems with perma vaulting...
Reply Quote
Take out Multishot and switch Prep to Focused Mind, there, you now have Legacy Nats Disc Regen and 1 open slot as well as a passive slot for Perfectionist. Vengeance is good with Cluster Arrow, so in low MP, you can go in with Gloom, fire off 3 Cluster Arrows, they're dead, then move on.
Edited by speedforce#1637 on 12/12/2012 12:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
You don't need anything else for paragon grinding than ball lightning with high hatred regen. Bat is pretty much essential and having extra from weapon, quiver, templar, or other sources just makes it better. I find Calamity is great for this.

Either that or a strafe build which also requires high hatred regen but should be used with a slower weapon like Manticore.

Other than that, you don't really need a hatred generator but it's good to keep one, you may need gloom at times but I find I almost never need it.

Vault is of course essential, running it with tumble is best because you can vault more. Tactical advantage helps speed up the runs and personally I use nighstalker so I'll have more disc after fighting so it will be easier to perma vault.

I find even without legacy nats I can mostly perma vault low MP levels with rare occasions that I can't. Usually you only need a couple vaults in a row to get from pack to pack of mobs which doesn't require legacy nats at all. I got rid of my legacy nats and with some minor adjustments to gameplay my disc is just as good using nightstalker.
Reply Quote
Really the only skills I use for para leveling are ball lightning, vault, and an occasional gloom. And of course the passives tactical advantage and nightstalker. Everything else really doesn't even matter to me.
Reply Quote
First and foremost .... the post itself starts out to bash most of the community here stating we are either to stingy or poor to run a nat set. for the time being I'll try and stay focused on the meat of the post and not the "reason" for the post as stated up in the top line. Suffice it to say Many of us don't want legacy nats. Not because we are stingy or poor. It is simply because we do not care to run it.

Anyway .... Many look at xp or lower MP farming perspective from a speed perspective and sometimes people think it should be a all this skill or all that skill. I see replies with using this skill or that skill etc but often times it is the combination of skills together making the most efficient farming.

If I vault and see 1-2 enemies ranged I often will shoot them via HA:TEETH. Why? Arrow is super fast and I can basically 1-shot on mp1 as an example.

If I vault and see a large pack (say scorpions in areat 1 & 2) I may vault again to get right in the middle of them and then kick off Elemental:BL so it swarms them all and not have to deal with the travel distance and slow movement of BL to get to them.

If I vault and see an elite pack I typically will kick off 2-3 seconds of BL (running close to 3.0 aps and then switch to HA and start firing away. The hungering will work with the BL and crit and by the time the last BL hits them they are all dead between the 2 skills working with one another.

I guess for me it is what works best in the environment you are in as well as what your targets are.

for me I will run HA:Teeth and EL:BL up to mp3. when I farm higher for legs I will usually move HA:Teeth over to Bola:Volatile and EL:BL over to STRAFE:DRIFTING. I use the Srafe so move away from targets and shoot at the same time and it also procs a lot of DISC regen with NS Passive so it is a great way to help fill up the disc quickly. I use drifting rune on strafe simply because I get 100% movement instead of being gimped at 75%. I also keep SPIKED:ECHOING on my skill bar and use that often as well. Usually only for elites on MP0-3 but use it a bit a lot more on higher MPs even with trash to hve it do damage while I use bola.

Bola is not the best, IMO to use on lower MPs as a primary weapon due to the 1sec fuse It slows down the game too much ... at least for me it did or seemed to.
Edited by BubbaGump#1297 on 12/12/2012 12:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
Yeah Bola is too slow for low MP blowing up trash mob packs. I've always found that BL still kills elites super fast at low MP levels and I haven't needed to augment killing them with something like HA or Bola. Although it sounds like HA could be really useful to pick off single or a small number of targets better than BL would be. I might try to run HA/BL. Definitely higher MP levels BL isn't nearly as good. I prefer Bola and Spike Traps for that.
Reply Quote
Also, I don't take offense at the comment about stingy/poor, but honestly a lot of people prefer not to run legacy nats because it gimps your EHP and DPS. I increased my unbuffed EHP by about 40% and my unbuffed DPS by 20% by going to new nats + mempo and sold my old nats set for more than I paid for my new nats. And I can reasonably easily upgrade my new nats and mempo and get even more EHP and DPS. I had a decent legacy nats set and it would have been crazy expensive for even minor upgrades. I could spend 2B on a legacy nats and still not have the EHP and DPS I have with my new stuff. I'd rather not gimp myself that hard for legacy nats. The only real difference is I have to run nighstalker and drop one other passive.
Reply Quote
i love running into mob of elites or champs with missle dampening. a couple of ball lightinings and the whole pack and everything close to it is dead.
Reply Quote
View profile
a freaking good nats legacy set costs hundreds of millions of gold.

I think my set is just a little bit above crappy. lol

but my dps is 120k so with that i cn face roll mp1
attacks
strafe - missle rune
hungering arrow - devouring arrow -- ( for melting elites )

vault -- toc
bat companion
shadow power -- gloom
fan of knives - retaliate 450% + dmg bonus

skills
perfectionist
tact adv
vengance

AND OF COURSE HAVING AT LEAST A 7 YARD PICKUP RADIUS IS A MUST

this build i have found to be the best farming build possible for my gear

any opinions?
Reply Quote
The default pickup radius is ridiculous, trying to pickup gold piles with no increased radius is the biggest pain in the rear. I got so tired of it I had to grab some on my nats chest. Snagged my chest for 5M though with 1d12h, think I got a pretty decent deal on it.
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 12:55 PMPosted by BubbaGump
First and foremost .... the post itself starts out to bash most of the community here stating we are either to stingy or poor to run a nat set.

When did l bash anyone? All l said was it's mainly for people that don't want to drop 500mil+ on a mediocre Nats set (myself included) when it wouldn't even help the way l play very much. You may simply not want to pick up a set as well and that doesn't exclude you in any way.

@People saying to just run BL + high hatred regen or strafe, l've tried both. My clear time having near permanent 85% movement speed is roughly 2-3 minutes faster than with either of those setups.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]