Diablo® III

Tuesday = Blizzard Christmas Party

"fastpatch" = 10 hours
Reply Quote
Maintenance and patch are separate things.
its amazing how people are still complaining about maintenance and server down times.
Reply Quote
12/10/2012 07:47 PMPosted by painboots
This would imply the team actually did something for the game. How about trying listening to the playerbase for a change

The playerbase (as a whole) is completely bipolar! Good luck trying to fix any one thing for everyone.
Reply Quote
View profile
I'm still hoping we get something for Christmas.
:-)
Reply Quote
Wow. A ten hour patch to prevent lost revenue. It makes sense from a bottom line business perspective but it's another black eye for Blizzard in the perception of their priorities.

Really, how many Diablo III Starter Editions are being converted these days? So many other areas need attention and they focus on making sure that not a penny escapes their grasp.

I suppose though if anyone at Blizzard tried to stand up to the Activision moneycounters, management heads would roll just like they did at Infinity Ward - although IW did win that one in the long run.
Reply Quote
Their Pre-Party and fast patch cough cough

What i image what goes on behind the scenes are the Dev Team with the LMFAO Sorry for Party Rocking Remix Blizzard style

chorus goes a lil something like this

SORRY FOR PATCHINGGGGGGGGG I BE UP IN DA BUILDING LOOKING FOR PROBLEMS TO GROWWWWWWWWWWWWW

ALL THE PLAYERS SCREAM AND SHOUT FOR ALL THE COMMUNITY TO SEEEE

WHEN THEY TALK SHII WE JUST KEEP ON PATCHINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
Reply Quote
12/10/2012 07:39 PMPosted by Iskra
Anyone want to buy some brimstones?

lol
Reply Quote

We're very much around (and will be around tomorrow, too), but we're quite busy behind-the-scenes. We don't have much new information to share at the moment,

Really... Busy doing what behind the scenes. Besides not saying anything as even more and more people come out of the game... I would wager there are more bots at this point then real players. Whoever runs your PR department is an idiot.
Reply Quote
12/10/2012 09:34 PMPosted by Hhug
Really... Busy doing what behind the scenes. Besides not saying anything as even more and more people come out of the game... I would wager there are more bots at this point then real players. Whoever runs your PR department is an idiot.

SORRY FOR PATCHINGGGGGGGGG I BE UP IN DA BUILDING LOOKING FOR PROBLEMS TO GROWWWWWWWWWWWWWALL THE PLAYERS SCREAM AND SHOUT FOR ALL THE COMMUNITY TO SEEEEWHEN THEY TALK SHII WE JUST KEEP ON PATCHINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

edit i bet they are shuffling during this fast patch or Gangnam style which ever gives you more HA's
Edited by remix005#1736 on 12/10/2012 9:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Knock off the trolling, folks (this includes posting in all caps, calling people "idiots," etc). I can understand why you might be frustrated about tomorrow's downtime and I can certainly empathize since it's not an ideal situation, but that doesn't mean it's okay to be rude or uncivil to other posters. =/

Also, since so many of you insist tomorrow is our Christmas party (it isn't), sounds like I'll have to decorate appropriately. And potentially wear an awful holiday sweater. With lights. Oh, and one of those horrible appliques of Rudolph or one of the lesser-known reindeer. Yes.
Edited by Lylirra on 12/10/2012 9:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Knock off the trolling, folks (this includes posting in all caps, calling people "idiots," etc). I can understand why you might be frustrated about tomorrow's downtime and I can certainly empathize since it's not an ideal situation, but that doesn't mean it's okay to be rude or uncivil to other posters.

Also, since so many of you insist tomorrow is our Christmas party (it isn't), sounds like I'll have to decorate appropriately. And potentially wear an awful holiday sweater. With lights. Oh, and one of those horrible appliques of Rudolph or one of the lesser-known reindeer. Yes.

How are yalls Christmas parties?
Reply Quote
Fast patch.
Reply Quote
Knock off the trolling, folks (this includes posting in all caps, calling people "idiots," etc). I can understand why you might be frustrated about tomorrow's downtime and I can certainly empathize since it's not an ideal situation, but that doesn't mean it's okay to be rude or uncivil to other posters.

You have it all wrong frustrated on the Downtime? more like frustrated with the constant issues with the game with these so called patchs to fix issues NO ONE ever really cared about how about validating core errors how about fixing the stuttering from this patch how about fixing the cant expand the Resolution past a certain point in this game

Thank you for just proving to us you aren't really reading all posts. Here ill sum it up for you

Questions:

1.) Whats being done about this Stuttering Issue?
2.) Whats being done in this so called Fast Patch?
3.) Whats being done about Validating Error's
4.) Whats the Point in this Fast Patch if So called No IMPORTANT issues or Major issues are being fixed yet it takes 10hrs to patch?

Does anyone else want to add other questions?
Reply Quote
The majority of downtime will be maintenance hasn't it always taken a longer time then we all wish? The fast patch aspect is telling you guys they did a quick patch with a fix or a few other quick things... It doesn't mean this overrides the maintenance.I feel the maintenance is to long also but I don't run the servers nor have I worked on a network as large so I can't criticize the time it would take or effort that goes into something like this.

Im not judging how fast or long it takes to update / maintain things since im the same as you but still i believe i raised some important issues known issues which were never fixed or resolved hence is also why i believe a lot of people are fed up. including my self i'm just about done with this game and i cant believe i actually spent some cash in it..
Reply Quote
I just hope they give us something for Christmas. :)

Hell, even a temporary MF boost would be okay at this point.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]