Diablo® III

Tuesday = Blizzard Christmas Party

12/11/2012 06:20 PMPosted by STG
This is pretty typical of how patches work for the software industry as a whole.
Uh....... firefox is up to version 17! Diablo has been around a lot longer. How come you guys aren't up to v17?

O_o

You should try Chrome instead of FireFox in the example.

I lost count of how many times Chrome has upgraded.
Reply Quote
17 is outdated one. I'm at 20 or 21 I believe lol
Reply Quote
This is one of these areas where you guys just set yourselves up for such easy free kicks.

1.06 should have really been 1.05b, you'd have to be blind not to realise that players expect content with major patch number increments, so why not just avoid the angst and call it 1.06b instead?

It really does seem almost like a form of masochism Blizzard indulges in sometimes.

The major difference between a normal patch and a fastpatch is what happens to the software code. Normal patches (1.0.1, 1.0.2, 1.0.3) require a new branch in our software code, whereas fastpatches (1.0.1a, 1.0.2b, 1.0.6a, etc) do not and any data included is simply added to an existing branch. This is pretty typical of how patches work for the software industry as a whole.

The reason 1.0.6 wasn't 1.0.5a was due to fact that the data we patched in for our Battle.net testing was significant enough to merit its own branch in our software code. We know that this probably felt a little weird for players -- to have a normal patch for only a small amount of visible changes -- but it was a necessary beast (so to speak). We try to avoid these situations whenever possible.

Like I said keep making jargon to make it sound like you are doing something... this is absurd
Reply Quote
I feel bad for the Blues. They are messengers providing us with some information (albeit not much). It's not like they can tell Jay Wilson to hurry up.
Reply Quote
12/11/2012 06:20 PMPosted by STG
This is pretty typical of how patches work for the software industry as a whole.
Uh....... firefox is up to version 17! Diablo has been around a lot longer. How come you guys aren't up to v17?

O_o

This is Diablo v3, or 3.1.06a if you like. Why aren't we at Diablo 17? I don't know, I'm going to let you sit there by yourself and think about that for a few minutes. If you want a tip, it might have something to do with the fact that Diablo isn't a web browser.
Reply Quote
that patch just ruined my day cant logon again and wait for nothin.................MTWTHF
Reply Quote
Diablo III Patch 1.0.6a – v.1.0.3.10485

Visit our Bug Report forum for a list of known issues.
The most recent hotfixes can be found here.

Bug Fixes
Fixed an issue that could occur when attempting to upgrade from the Diablo III Starter Edition

Come one guys, you can see that this patch shouldn't actually take 10 hours to reload..
They are clearly putting code up without telling us the details, they are intentionally
keeping us in the dark so that 1.0.7 will be an (unexpectedly) huge patch, thus
making alot of people return to the game (and if they are smart they will be putting up a test pvp realm/server)

Then they immediatly get a great amount of the original playerbase back.

I mean.. think about it: 'fixed an issue that could occur when attempting to upgrade from the Diablo III Starter Edition' In the game's current state I don't think they need to worry about people not being able to buy this game, but when they release 1.0.7 it could become a problem.

Please Blizzard, make me say that I was right on this one....
Edited by Proz0r#2511 on 12/12/2012 2:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
Please! Please fix patch 1.0.6a I still cant get on I am going through withdrawals I am so sick of seeing 3007 error I could weep( well I am female) PLEASE PLEASE FIX IT I CANT GET ON ! I miss my scraping with demons COME ON GUYS FIX IT PLEASE !!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
TC, did U see this:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1220378-Everything-We-Know-About-Titan
Reply Quote
There will probably be so much "snow" in that part of town. Hopefully someone has an epiphany.

Yes, I know their offices are in Cali.

+1 if you saw what I did there.

You give credit too easily. How was it in any way hard to see what you were saying? Remove the quotes and you've done it subtly. With the quotes it looks too much like your winking too hard and the person to whom you are speaking.

Which is fine, but don't give +1 to someone who figures out something you "SCREAMED" at them.
Reply Quote
You would be incorrect about the festivities, but we can't fault you for guessing!

We're very much around (and will be around tomorrow, too), but we're quite busy behind-the-scenes. We don't have much new information to share at the moment, but the development team is currently working on some content updates for an upcoming patch, and we hope to share more details on that in the near future.

(Note: We'll be releasing 1.0.6a [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7383708519"]tomorrow[/url], but it's just a fastpatch, not a content patch. Sometimes certain issues can't be hotfixed, so we'll need a full patch to address them.)

Do you ever have info to share before patch day?

How about just one little tidbit about pending game performance improvements? I realize we aren't subscription paying players, and as such aren't really considered customers, but it sure would be nice to hear something positive.

Everyone paid for the game and some people pay for WoW and SC so I would say Bliz gets enough money that they could let us know what is going on. There are things in game that Bliz doesn't mention or explain. The Blackrock Ledger Pages and Blue Items with Script on them as well as the Staff of Hearding and why there are 4 of them, for example.
Reply Quote

Do you ever have info to share before patch day?

How about just one little tidbit about pending game performance improvements? I realize we aren't subscription paying players, and as such aren't really considered customers, but it sure would be nice to hear something positive.

Everyone paid for the game and some people pay for WoW and SC so I would say Bliz gets enough money that they could let us know what is going on. There are things in game that Bliz doesn't mention or explain. The Blackrock Ledger Pages and Blue Items with Script on them as well as the Staff of Hearding and why there are 4 of them, for example.

blue items with script? do elaborate sir
Reply Quote
[quote]
The reason 1.0.6 wasn't 1.0.5a was due to fact that the data we patched in for our Battle.net testing was significant enough to merit its own branch in our software code. We know that this probably felt a little weird for players -- to have a normal patch for only a small amount of visible changes -- but it was a necessary beast (so to speak). We try to avoid these situations whenever possible.

Couldn't this be remedied by providing customer facing versioning in addition to your internal versioning? For instance how Windows 7 is actually version 6.1. That way you can branch at will and not data that should be completely orthogonal (user presentation) tie down the freedom to branch whenever appropriate.

Just a thought.
Reply Quote
There are five or so Magic items that have text on them like Legendaries, the clipper, splintered oar, writ's original leg, Griswolds ?, Rakanasu or somethings blade. the have them listed in forums. And FYI you just have to make one staff of hearding and then upgrade it to infernal staff of hearding the plans are in Bastion Hold at the NPC seller by the HEALER I had hell getting them to show up.
Reply Quote
are we going to get a dreaded patch this tuesday??? lol er i mean the worlds Christams party?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]