Diablo® III

Periodical Freezing (Lag?)

I had a similar issue which I finally worked out with the help of my ISP.

Changing the Standard channel setting on my router seemd to work. I set it to channel 6. Previously my setting was auto. I'm not sure why this was only affecting D3 (at least for me) but, doing this made my problem go away
Reply Quote
Changing the Standard channel setting on my router seemd to work. I set it to channel 6. Previously my setting was auto. I'm not sure why this was only affecting D3 (at least for me) but, doing this made my problem go away

Could you elaborate? What is this standard channel setting?
Reply Quote
Open your router settings and find the setting. here is what it looks like on my routers page.

http://i.imgur.com/34czH.png
Edited by Sumarius#1380 on 12/16/2012 10:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
Ahhh are you playing on wireless? Because that's a wireless setting. Doubt it's the same issue because I'm playing through an ethernet cable.
Reply Quote
yeah, I'm playing on wireless.
Reply Quote
My ping usually sits around 250. That's ofc until I start fighting an elite pack... That's when the S**t hits the fan and the ping suddenly becomes >1000

That's pretty much what's happening to me. Untill Friday, I've never had any issue what so ever. Now typically what happens is I run up to an E pack, and all the sudden everything around me runs in place /stands there, but I can run around. Then everything snaps back and I'm dead.
And Latency bar on screen shows orange or red. Miraculously the high latency will go away...then it will just happen again 1-5 min later.
It's unplayable.
Edited by DamageInc#1846 on 12/16/2012 11:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
7) Go Start menu, run, type in msconfig for windows xp or similar one in windows 7/8, go general, set selective startup, disable all items in start up. Go services, hide all microsoft services, disable all others (remember your settings here change back to it later) Restart your windows. Try install diablo 3 or patch up date with launcher again, and try repair tool in launcher.

8) If none of the above works, uninstall your firewall and antivirus. Restart computer, try install diablo 3 or patch up date with launcher again.

If you tried these 2 things above, the problem must be from your router, isp, or connection to diablo 3 servers since with nothing running on your computer, there should be no lag. Battlenet might be using weaker servers after the 1.06 a patch?
Edited by Laine#1622 on 12/16/2012 1:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
[quote]

Battlenet might be using weaker servers after the 1.06 a patch?

I believe this started happening to me after 1.06 came out. But why wouldn't they come out and tell the community that? Good thought though. Going to try to play tonight, the problem has seemed worse on weekend nights (friday night and saturday night) likely more players at that time? Anybody else notice it worse during these hours?
Reply Quote
Your video shows a connection issue, not one related to gpu lag. Troubleshooting it can take some time though as it's pretty much going to be a trial and error approach.

ive had this exact same thing start happening since 2 days ago. i even lost a lvl 60 HC to it last night.

the problem i see is no matter the trial and error process this is happening to more than 1 or even 5 people over the past couple days and longer. infact this has been happening to everyone on my friends list. none of us will play our HC chars due to lagg deaths and is getting progressively worse as the days go by.

i would think you need to do some troubleshooting on your end instead of BSing us and telling us to trouble shoot our own end. i have troubleshot this on my end using desktop/laptop hardwired, wifi, tether to my phone (which i do often on business trips with no issue), taking laptop to friends hosue and using his internet hardwired. the trouble is not on our end.
Reply Quote
I am getting the same issue. I have been dealing with it for over a month now. I have been pathpinging like crazy to find out that I am getting 3% of my packets dropped right before it get to the D3 servers.
Reply Quote
This is what I've received at the end of a lengthy ticket process communication:

It looks like you are having the same trouble as other players in your area the connection through the internet is not being routed properly. We are working with the IPS and the DNS providers to correct this DNS error. The only work around we have for this is to change the DNS server your computer connects to. Switching to either Google DNS or one of the other free DNS servers has help most players in your situation.

I guess one could take it either way. Good thing is their working on it, bad thing is that they don't really know what is going on. DNS changing did nothing for me except prevent 3007 error after the patch.
Edited by TwistedM#1167 on 12/16/2012 10:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
still kicking me off randomly stating that my connection has timed out error 3007. funny i was in the middle of playing and just got 3NV up.. then same error when loggin in.. how can it timed out if i am not inactive!!

prob sub par isp from game server side.
Reply Quote
still kicking me off randomly stating that my connection has timed out error 3007. funny i was in the middle of playing and just got 3NV up.. then same error when loggin in.. how can it timed out if i am not inactive!!

What you described is fixed by changing to a google DNS servers... at least that fixed it for me.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the reply, i did tried this when i couldnt even log on to battle.net. However, it was lagging so i had changed it back which alleviated the lag but have a bunch of random 1000+ms mixed with timed out dc'ed. i will try the google dns again and see how it goes.

cheers for your advise.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
95 Draenei Mage
Sorry for not posting on this but I've had a crazy couple of days at work what with them attempting to put a new data entry system in before Xmas. While had time to post on other things they didn't require so much of my attention as this one.

12/16/2012 06:47 AMPosted by TwistedM
Pinging site-rrc--grp-ldr--gc1.wpc.nossl.ms.na.att-acdn.net [12.120.152.128] with 32 bytes of data:

That 12.120.152.128 is what us.depot.battle.net resolves when using the Google DNS. It's what the Google DNS returns if you query it with a dig command for us.depot.battle.net.

AFAIK This one is based in LA. 68.232.45.253 is (based on my research) , in Sydney

12/16/2012 06:47 AMPosted by TwistedM
Makes sense. My ping usually sits around 250. That's ofc until I start fighting an elite pack... That's when the S**t hits the fan and the ping suddenly becomes >1000

Well you have a way of reproducing it by fighting an elite pack right ?

I would start a ping going to us.depot.battle.net just before alt-tabbing back to D3 then fighting an elite pack. Then once you've either died (sorry don't use a hardcore toon) or the lag jumps stopped alt-tab back and see what the results are.
Reply Quote
12/18/2012 01:08 AMPosted by Bluspacecow
I would start a ping going to us.depot.battle.net just before alt-tabbing back to D3 then fighting an elite pack

Its hard to predict when exactly the lag is going to happen, could be straight away, could be after 30 secs of fighting. I tried to get a freeze and immediately Alt Tab out and ping through. Ping returns normal results... Sometimes the game would return ot normal as soon as I did the ping test, other time I freeze, alt tab out, do the test, it comes back normal, I come back to game - still frozen, another 20 secs pass and then it fast forwards :(
Edited by TwistedM#1167 on 12/18/2012 1:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
So... after taking time off from playing for 4 days, the same issue still persists... Sigh.
Reply Quote
This just started happening to me today. I'll be sitting at the screen when you first log in, with no problems, but as soon as I join a game I start getting these problems.

Even twitch.tv starts lagging out. I have tried closing twitch.tv to see if it persists without my bandwidth going there, and it still happens. I'm directly connected to the router, and no one else is using my bandwidth.

Why would joining a game cause my connection to slow to a crawl? This really makes the game unplayable, so any help would be appreciated.
Reply Quote
Sweet! All of you people having the same problem like mine. I thought Im the only here. I also noticed that since patch 1.05 came up, this "GAME FREEZING" often occurs while Im playing and also noticed that whenever I encountered E packs in STONEBRIDGE and SKYRCROWN this sh*t happens. Common IT experts do something here.

With this RAM and Video card? Cmon!

8 GB RAM
1 GB ATI Radeon HD 5400
Edited by Bulbarian#6908 on 12/19/2012 4:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
I've narrowed it down to Inferno, as I can play Normal Difficulty just fine. I also tried going on EU servers albeit only on Normal, and it was fine as well. Sooo... too many players connected in Inferno = lag for me to the point of unplayability. Why?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]