Diablo® III

Next patch will be 1.06.1a

They might start adding more letters and decimals to future patches just to avoid patch 1.1(pvp patch)
Reply Quote
From what I saw:

Fixed an issue that could occur when attempting to upgrade from the Diablo III Starter Edition

That's going to require 10hrs of maintenance.
Reply Quote
1.06.1a.0038.pi.eaeade.lmao.whereamigoing
Reply Quote
On a serious note, after 1k+ hours of play time for the first time ever I'm dissapointed enough to feel the need to quit and give up on this game. I almost cried when I read about this 10hr "fast" patch that's not going to change anything to a somewhat dying game that's in dire need of PvP. Please give us atleast PTR PvP or something, PLEASE!
Reply Quote
1.06.1b

General
PvP has been moved to Diablo IV

Class changes
Barbs are still retarded OP so working as intedned
50% damage reduction and 50% increase in damage taken across the board to all other classes

Item changes
Legendary drop rates were too much so nerfed by 99%
99% increase in drop rates of non level 60 Legendaries
99% increase in chance of all items spawning with the following affixes:
crowd control reduction
indestructable
physical damage to attacker
extra health from globes
block % on items other than shields
random useless skill bonuses that no class ever uses
Edited by Dabrixmgp#1694 on 12/10/2012 9:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
Community Manager
The amount of downtime required for patching is not always same amount of downtime required for database maintenance. All of our live games are experiencing similar maintenance downtime tomorrow for North America, and this is because of maintenance and not the deployment of patch 1.0.6a.

For reference, "fast patch" refers to the nature of the patch and what kind of content it includes, not how long it takes to deploy or how much downtime is required. Fastpatches are frequently very small and typically only contain a few changes (usually important bug fixes that can't be addressed with a hotfix).
Edited by Lylirra on 12/11/2012 6:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
where pvp
Reply Quote
The amount of downtime required for patching is not always same amount of downtime required for database maintenance. All of our live games are experiencing similar maintenance downtime tomorrow for North America, and this is because of maintenance and not the deployment of patch 1.0.6a.

For reference, "fastpatch" refers to the nature of the patch and what kind of content it includes, not how long it takes to deploy or how much downtime is required. Fastpatches are frequently very small and typically only contain a few changes (usually important bug fixes that can't be addressed with a hotfix).

When is pvp coming out?
Reply Quote
View profile
12/10/2012 10:12 PMPosted by That
where pvp

stop hounding the blues... they are working behind the scenes and can't disclose any more than that.
Edited by FruitVendor#2561 on 12/10/2012 10:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
From what I saw:

Fixed an issue that could occur when attempting to upgrade from the Diablo III Starter Edition

That's going to require 10hrs of maintenance.

Blizzard is also upgrading certain parts of Battle.net 2.0 as a whole, and this extended downtime may be to accomodate part of that ongoing endeavor. Since none of the other games are receiving major patches today, that's a perfectly plausible (and reasonable) explanation.

Either way, it won't help to moan and groan about it. At least this time it's on "Maintenance Tuesday" instead of having WoW's patches interfere with Diablo 3's uptime and our maintenance be an additional day later in the week (or vice versa).

Reply Quote
12/10/2012 09:16 PMPosted by Pwnsauce
On a serious note, after 1k+ hours of play time for the first time ever I'm dissapointed enough to feel the need to quit and give up on this game. I almost cried when I read about this 10hr "fast" patch that's not going to change anything to a somewhat dying game that's in dire need of PvP. Please give us atleast PTR PvP or something, PLEASE!

You sound really burnt out.. take a break.
Reply Quote
12/10/2012 09:05 PMPosted by Pwnsauce
They might start adding more letters and decimals to future patches just to avoid patch 1.1(pvp patch)

1.06.1b

General
PvP has been moved to Diablo IV

Class changes
Barbs are still retarded OP so working as intedned
50% damage reduction and 50% increase in damage taken across the board to all other classes

Item changes
Legendary drop rates were too much so nerfed by 99%
99% increase in drop rates of non level 60 Legendaries
99% increase in chance of all items spawning with the following affixes:
crowd control reduction
indestructable
physical damage to attacker
extra health from globes
block % on items other than shields
random useless skill bonuses that no class ever uses

Oh God my sides
Reply Quote
Lol theres a reason why as soon as blues post people quickly reply asking about PVP.
We arn't getting any PVP content, and even worse is they arn't giving us any information regarding it. People want to know why such a basic yet important system in the game isn't implemented yet.

It's perfectly understandable for people to ask this, and specifically right after a blue posts about something different because it's the only form of information accessible at the moment..

Lmao 8 months after release and no PVP, really blizzard?
Reply Quote
12/10/2012 10:09 PMPosted by Lylirra
For reference, "fastpatch" refers to the nature of the patch and what kind of content it includes, not how long it takes to deploy or how much downtime is required. Fastpatches are frequently very small and typically only contain a few changes (usually important bug fixes that can't be addressed with a hotfix).

Damn you work late..
Reply Quote
View profile
Lol theres a reason why as soon as blues post people quickly reply asking about PVP.
We arn't getting any PVP content, and even worse is they arn't giving us any information regarding it. People want to know why such a basic yet important system in the game isn't implemented yet.

It's perfectly understandable for people to ask this, and specifically right after a blue posts about something different because it's the only form of information accessible at the moment..

Lmao 8 months after release and no PVP, really blizzard?

I hear ya. Lot's of my friends quit already... I myself am only online maybe 1 hour every 2 days if ever. JW's pre-mature tweet just fueled the fire... sigh how can you delay even the pvp blog is beyond me. They could always change stuff in the blog... a pvp blog would even give us more things to talk about. We're out of stuff to talk about really... I think that's why there's so much trolling now.
Reply Quote
where pvp?
Reply Quote
If I remember correctly PVP wasn't included in WOW at launch. This means a couple of things:

1.) They're actually working on PVP to make it more balanced and/or accessible for all;
2.) They're following the WOW model.

If 2, screw you Blizzard.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
such frickn BS. For single player game to be affected by 10 hour maintenance. This is why a BAD IDEA to have to be "online" to play a single player game. I know some people play with others but im sure there are alot of people who play by themselves. Im one of these players.

Give us a "offline" mode to play while you have these bullcrap 8+ hour maintenance days. I'm really thinking of never buying another game of this type again even though i love diablo.

If i remember right, doesnt Starcraft 3 have a offline mode? Why doesnt diablo 3 have this feature?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]