Diablo® III

Next patch will be 1.06.1a

do what i do..check forums..post stuff...then go play Star Wars...!@#$ is fun....like the old xbox one. KOTOR...you guys should check it out. its f2p so main cities are laggy, but gameplay is pretty fun.

make the jump to light speed!!!!

ya blizz i went there promo'd another game on ur forums cuz ill bet money u f something else up like u did to the reporting system...lmao
Reply Quote
Just curious how many of us are sitting at our computers doing this exact same thing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlOvGhGfIV8
Reply Quote
AT LEAST let us just go hostile with people like even just our friends or something, I just wanna duel even if its one shots why cant you just let us have fun for a little before you unleash this huge arena type pvp you're building ...
Reply Quote
2 Draenei Paladin
Let me tell u i em out raged if this patch don't have pvp me and many of my friend will not ever play diablo again or any other blizzard game this has Been nothing but a disappointment
You guys promised us pvp before the new year new year is 3 weeks away. LOOK ALL I WANT IS THE DAMN HOSTILE BUTTON, That way we can FIGHT let us be the judge of how the hostile works. don't assume anything will or will not work. If you just add the hostile a lot of compliant will go away . You can then work on the arena behind the scenes more peacefully. You guys wonder why so many people have quit. Its because the lack of communication and because you promised us something many times yet still has yet to happen.

I personally will not play again i mean this if pvp donst come out in this upcoming patch. I own my own business. El gato painting and Restoration. I tell the client it will send a home estimator to his home such time at such date . then when day comes he my estimator don st show? what happens i LOSE BUSINESS. I been play-in diablo 3 since the launch back in may. You guys made a promise And haven't fulfilled it. Now you guys said patch 10.7 is coming out while ago. Now this 10.6a wtf so to postpone 10.7 u make up some thing like this 10.6A what next 106.2z. Pls make what the community want.

You guys had a wonderful franchise. a loving community in diablo2 that game even with all the hacks and bots still people lived with and loved because when u said something it happened. When a patch came out It was rarely ever bugged in fact i don't ever remember any kinds of bug. And the Diablo 2 the blizz north could except when we criticized them. and ur banning people just because they mention your name that's pethedic. I know you guys want money to keep stuff up and running. But me owning a business for 15 yrs I have experience in making customers happy Yes i get complaints its bound to happen. But when i do get them I address everyone personally. I Ensure my customers Are satisfied that Makes them bring more business. If you Guys want more business Whats 95% of the people want PVP. If you did that allot of complaints would stop sure a lot other compliant would happen But guess what youll get more and more business and A lot more people would not quit and more people would come back.

PLEASE I ENSURE YOU THAT THIS IS TO HELP NOT TO MAKE PROBLEMS I JUST WANT PVP I BEEN A FAN SINCE THE CLASSIC 15YRS AGO WHEN IT CAME OUT THE LEGACY OF DIABLO SHOULD GO IN HISTORY TO BE THE BEST GAME TO EVER HAVE EXISTED PLEASE DON'T RUIN THIS LEGACY
Edited by UWishDeath#1481 on 12/11/2012 1:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
The amount of downtime required for patching is not always same amount of downtime required for database maintenance. All of our live games are experiencing similar maintenance downtime tomorrow for North America, and this is because of maintenance and not the deployment of patch 1.0.6a.

For reference, "fastpatch" refers to the nature of the patch and what kind of content it includes, not how long it takes to deploy or how much downtime is required. Fastpatches are frequently very small and typically only contain a few changes (usually important bug fixes that can't be addressed with a hotfix).

i have never seen a downtime of 12+hrs except for a expansion or a major patch and this downtime fixes minor stuff. no offense but wtf is going on
Reply Quote
3 more hours rofl...most other games dont take more then 1hr to update huge content...and this shtty updates...wow srsly bilz
Reply Quote
The amount of downtime required for patching is not always same amount of downtime required for database maintenance. All of our live games are experiencing similar maintenance downtime tomorrow for North America, and this is because of maintenance and not the deployment of patch 1.0.6a.

For reference, "fastpatch" refers to the nature of the patch and what kind of content it includes, not how long it takes to deploy or how much downtime is required. Fastpatches are frequently very small and typically only contain a few changes (usually important bug fixes that can't be addressed with a hotfix).

So when you released 1.0.6 and all it was, was a few bug fixes...how was that different from what you're doing now?
Reply Quote
I second tanis's question...wtf is going on that is making this take so long? It was supposed to end at 11 pst and now It's been changed to 1 pm...which translates to 4 pm for me as I'm on est. What is going on that is so bad that the server has to be down for 12 hours?
Reply Quote
wow first 10 hours then I load game and now it says 1pm 12 hours?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
The reason why Blizz is so scared of making games offline goes back to Diablo 1 when enigma worked around their little "hide the character in the win 95 registry" was rampant. Since then they have always feared not being in total control of the character.
Reply Quote
Wow. At least 12 hours down today. I am not in the server business, but I can't imagine launching a platform that is only available online but down 8-12 hours almost every week. Imagine in eBay or Amazon going completely offline like this. If they did, they wouldn't be the dominant player they are in the marketplace.

You guys at Blizzard should discuss some way to allow access while you update. Maybe put everyone on a temporary server for times that you need maintanence.
Reply Quote
They just slipped an extra 2 hours in there.

This is my welcome to having bought D3 less than 2 days ago.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Tanis et al,
Apparently blizz has really forked up that sql database that has all the schema for the toons. dont be suprised if its down all day or if they have to failback the whole thing. They've never really hired anyone who truly knows how to do rolling deployments or disaster recoveries to my knowledge.
Reply Quote
I wouldn't bother wasting my time complaining anymore. This game is in obvious dire need of fixes. I could have an entire list set up for it, however, I'm going to play it, deal with the very noticeable mistakes and loot it up.

PvP has so far to me, gone to the back of my head, no reason I'm wishing anymore or almost wanting it to come out.

Think for a second, when they showed PvP footage, it was using the same engine their first Diablo 3 sneak peak was using. That PvM system, even though scripted, worked and so did the PvP system.

Because they wanted to level out the game and make it "fair" they did the complete opposite. They downgraded the game, added changes that were not needed, changed the feel and design and quite honestly failed.

If we take one quick look here:

Diablo 1
This was the game that got us all unbelievably addicted to this trilogy. What happened? I mean that game had flaws but they were fixable. The Wizard and Rogue were weak, and if not played with decent skill, died easily to the minions of hell. The Warrior on the other hand was awesome! He did well in PvM like he's supposed to. (Like the Barb and Monk for instance.)

Diablo 2
Game was unbelievable. One thing to say here is, Hammerdins. Best PvM character in the game and was never nerfed, why? Because who the hell cared if it was the BEST at PvM? No one, it just worked, they left it that way. I didn't see an Auradin doing the same efficient runs as a Hammerdin, but was better for dueling. The immense diversity in skills in Diablo 2 created the diverse builds and helped in PvM and in PvP.

Diablo 3
It lacked that feeling you get when you start a new character and you have 100 gold, 1 mana potion and 1 health potion. Finding your first rare in the Den of Evil. Killing Mephisto and Diablo and finding a Unique Diadem or Spiderweb Sash. Where did that go? Lack of imagination? Talent? Motivation?

When I watched FOR THE FIRST TIME that Diablo 3 playthrough that came out 2 years ago, I had the feeling like, "I can't wait to get home and play this game." Now, I realize that, I can't have that. That time has passed and I will forever playing in a puddle of mud instead of the playground where the awesome slides are.

/rant
Reply Quote
so im in aus state nsw it was supose to go up at 6 am its now 6:27 am so dose this mean i have to wait 2 extra houers to play now ?
Reply Quote
Hi, and yeah 2 more hours
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
they only answer to say things about the nature of the patch... not y it takes them so long to change nothing....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]