It wasn't till around Paragon 70 (about half way timewise) that I hit the "groove." Here's what helped:
1. Lots of pickup radius. 30yds was perfect. Started with 14yds, and over time kept increasing it until at 30yds, never seemed to run out of Hatred anymore.
2. 400 All Resists. Sure I could survive with 250 but every 2 or 3 runs the right (BAD) combination of walls/jails/molten/chains would kill me with great annoyance.
3. Changing the Strafe rune occasionally to break up the boredom. Emberstrafe was my favorite.
4. Plenty of drinks & snacks on hand. Some days I had a cooler next to me so I wouldn't have to go to the refrigerator.
5. Didn't pick up yellows, except amulets and rings. Didn't loot ordinary chests.
6. Put Move and Strafe ability on the keyboard so I didn't have to mash the mouse button, just move the cursor.
7. And the absolute BEST thing I did was get out of my computer chair and move to my La-Z-Boy recliner near the TV. Put the monitor on a small table that my legs fit under. Put the keyboard/mouse on a small piece of plywood board placed on the armrests of the recliner.
From Paragon level 50 to 100, probably made close to a billion (1000 million) in gold picked up and items sold. Got the achievement for looting a complete IK set. Thank you Barbs for financing my Legacy Nats set which I bought tonight.
Keyboard: Bat Companion, SP/Nightbane, Strafe, Vault/Tumble
Mouse: Shuriken Cloud, Prep/Focused Mind.
Passives: Archery, Vengeance, Nightstalker
DPS: varied btwn 150 and 190 dps (paper) as I kept switching rings and radius and/or AR gear.
Dropped the passive Tactical Advantage for Archery. Using TA did make the runs faster (less than 8 min each) but it was too hard to maintain that level of concentration more than 3 or 4 runs. So even though the run time increased to 10 or 11 minutes, it was now stress free so I could watch tv while playing.