Diablo® III

Pimp Your Monk: FREE Holiday Service

It's Christmas weekend and I am closing this thread, I will be spending time with family and friends. Last person that will receive a response is KYREDNECK.

Stats to strive for in a balanced build:
4500 ARMOR
650 RESIST
950 VIT
>100k DPS 5.0+ LS
<140K DPS 2.8+ LS

I hope all the advice I've given has help you guys progress in the game. For information on gearing, please visit these threads and take a read.

Piffle's Guide To Gearing (Overall Build)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7005435884?page=8

Druin's Guide To Tempest Rushing (Paragon EXP grinding)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7199912895

My New to Inferno >200k Budget build
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7415463299

Merry Christmas to all!
Edited by scrapz#1142 on 12/21/2012 2:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
"give me your gold", you can stop reading
Reply Quote
12/10/2012 12:12 PMPosted by Dudu

Scrapz is trustworthy.

Or maybe you missed him donated a set that he put together with his own money?
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7320262264
Reply Quote

Scrapz is a well established member of the Monk community and is held in high esteem by everyone in these parts. He has helped many a poor Monk with either advice or gear and recently held a free giveaway for a rather nice set.

I know that giving gold to random strangers is not the smartest move in this game's society, but if I needed his services, I wouldn't hesitate to trust him with all I had. Dudu, please do some research next time you're about to post some negative remark.
Reply Quote

Maybe if I had geared your monk for you, you wouldn't have wasted your RM :(

Always at least one of you in these threads. Doesn't contribute anything then bashes others who do. A+ multiple star stickers for you my special child!

Thanks for the vouches Piffle and Laurelynd!
Reply Quote
View profile
i'll vouch for Scrapz too.

i have 2.5 million... doubt you could find me an upgrade for that though... bearing in mind i'm now at the point where i only consider items with 300 plus Life per Second... but i'm a weird one.

happy holidays everyone! Scrappy Claus will fix you up!
Reply Quote
View profile

i have 2.5 million... doubt you could find me an upgrade for that though... bearing in mind i'm now at the point where i only consider items with 300 plus Life per Second... but i'm a weird one.

let me expand on this: if i could find a good upgrade, i would absolutely sell my radiant star emerald to pay for it.

... i also hate a drop in overall protection. so yes, i know inna's helm ups my DPS, but not without dropping my mitigation...
Reply Quote
I just dinged 60 on my monk, so I'd love some help.

1. Makt - Justin#1866 - 20 million
Reply Quote
Do we have to be poor/low dps to qualify for this?

I have about 130 million (more pending AH sales) and i'm curious what ideas you would have.

Usually wield a 2h skorn with LS which puts me around 162k unbuffed, not the DW on my profile

Toon: Clytemnestra. Cayzer#6828 - 130 million.
Edited by Cayzer#6828 on 12/10/2012 3:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
Ztun - Earmufffs #1890 - 100M

Put me on the list please!

I've saved up a bit but can never decide what I need to buy. Expert advice would be awesome!

Thanks
Edited by Earmufffs#1890 on 12/10/2012 3:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
Is it possible for me to get to 100k+ dps with nice survivability with a 25mil budget? Ideally I'd like about 120k, but even 100 is great. I'm currently sitting at 72k ish. :)

Squishington#1492
Reply Quote

let me expand on this: if i could find a good upgrade, i would absolutely sell my radiant star emerald to pay for it.

... i also hate a drop in overall protection. so yes, i know inna's helm ups my DPS, but not without dropping my mitigation...

heh. scrappy claus, i like that..

I doubtt I could upgrade you for 2.5m =X. However it looks like you are going to LPS spec which really limits gear choices.

Here's my quick analysis of your character.

1. Sustain - most of your sustain comes from LPS, 4000 is quite a bit. At higher mp levels, you'll need to LEECH alot more life to survive. 4000 will not cut it. I'm leeching 6000-12000 per hit to survive. Going to dual wield LS will not only net you better dps gain but much more choices when it comes to gearing.

1. Too much resist. 650+ is fine for the majority of the people. I like to keep around 700-800 but it's hard to gain DPS when having a goal of 1000+ resist.

You're able to mitigate most damage, but what happens when you're surrounded and getting pounded by a ton of enemies. You need a large life pool + high leech to survive. I Would drop 200 resist in place of 200+ vitality instead.
Reply Quote
I just dinged 60 on my monk, so I'd love some help.

1. Makt - Justin#1866 - 20 million

Cool Makt. Add me along with msg saying 20m beginner monk and I'll help you tonight.

Do we have to be poor/low dps to qualify for this?

I have about 130 million (more pending AH sales) and i'm curious what ideas you would have.

Usually wield a 2h skorn with LS which puts me around 162k unbuffed, not the DW on my profile

Toon: Clytemnestra. Cayzer#6828 - 130 million.

No, I'm willing to try and give advice to anyone who needs it.

At your DPS, I'm sure you know what you're doing but you're what I would call a glass cannon. Not an insult as I was one until 1.05 hit and I wanted to do mp10 ubers.. It's time to gear up for a balanced toon.

At this point I can only suggest you:

- Raise your vitality to 950.

- Raise your dex by 200

- Replace your bracers, minimum of 120dex/100 vitality / 120+ resist..

- Replace your mainhand with a HIGH dps( dmg range) weapon. Yes, your weapons give u massive dps WHEN you crit but pay attn to those white numbers, your avg damage is very low.. Also sweeping winds works off the DMG RANGE of the weapon, so having a high damage range is your mainhand if definitely beneficial.

You could always go with a Echoing Fury that will instantly jump your dps by 10-25K. and give you +.2x APS. With a faster APS and 2.8 LS, you should be healing just the same while destroying stuff even faster.

Is it possible for me to get to 100k+ dps with nice survivability with a 25mil budget? Ideally I'd like about 120k, but even 100 is great. I'm currently sitting at 72k ish. :)

Squishington#1492

I'll take a look in a bit, back to work for me.
Reply Quote
I'm sorta stuck pondering about upgrade for a while

http://d3up.com/b/83987

Budget 200m
I'm trying to have a balanced setup for mp10 and find it super hard to up dps w/o giving up survival. Any advice would be appreciated.
Reply Quote
Owch, no love for me... :(

I'll just sit over here in the corner and sulk. Hahaha
Reply Quote
Owch, no love for me... :(

I'll just sit over here in the corner and sulk. Hahaha

heh sorry earmuffs. Add me ingame with a msg and I'll help u tonight after I get off work.
Reply Quote

No, I'm willing to try and give advice to anyone who needs it.

At your DPS, I'm sure you know what you're doing but you're what I would call a glass cannon. Not an insult as I was one until 1.05 hit and I wanted to do mp10 ubers.. It's time to gear up for a balanced toon.

At this point I can only suggest you:

- Raise your vitality to 950.

- Raise your dex by 200

- Replace your bracers, minimum of 120dex/100 vitality / 120+ resist..

- Replace your mainhand with a HIGH dps( dmg range) weapon. Yes, your weapons give u massive dps WHEN you crit but pay attn to those white numbers, your avg damage is very low.. Also sweeping winds works off the DMG RANGE of the weapon, so having a high damage range is your mainhand if definitely beneficial.

You could always go with a Echoing Fury that will instantly jump your dps by 10-25K. and give you +.2x APS. With a faster APS and 2.8 LS, you should be healing just the same while destroying stuff even faster.

I'm in the market for a high DPS main hander, as I said though I usually use a 1368dps, 5.6 LS, 160CD, 300 Dex Skorn. Can't find anything I want for my budget yet.

Vitality has ever been my problem... if i put OWE back on i go to like 620AR.

With my skorn APS is about 1.38.

Thanks. I'll have to chuck my regular gear on before logout and get you to have a quick look. It's annoying I just looked at my profile and I wondered where my AR went... Wrong gear lol.
Edited by Cayzer#6828 on 12/10/2012 4:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
Scrapz I have a few helms I'd like to toss your way in order to help others gear up I'll shoot you a request here in a bit
Reply Quote
I'm sorta stuck pondering about upgrade for a while

http://d3up.com/b/83987

Budget 200m
I'm trying to have a balanced setup for mp10 and find it super hard to up dps w/o giving up survival. Any advice would be appreciated.

These are your +EHP points..
+1 Vitality 549.44
+1 Resist All 576.31

1. Inna's vast expanse /w 210+ VIT will run you 40-80M. Will give you more EHP then your current piece, freeing up other slots to get more damage. The life percentage is negligable when it comes to this piece so shop smart, a 230 vit /w 12 percent is equivalent to say a 270 vit /w 10 percent (just a example) but just because 270 is displayed, it may end up costing 20m more.

2. Inna's helm - go for double resistance = 100+ + 80ish vit. EHP will be more effective using resist in this slot..

Overall set looks good so same advice as the other dude. Just up your dex to a minimum of 120 per slot while keeping the same specs...
Edited by scrapz#1142 on 12/10/2012 4:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
i hope that you can help me as well. will add you tonight. i am in gmt +8 time zone. hope to achieve 100+k dps. :)
Edited by yoshiki#1862 on 12/10/2012 4:43 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]