Diablo® III

Pimp Your Monk: FREE Holiday Service

IAN:
I'm not sure, I haven't really been buildling 100k+ sets lately just low tiered sets. I'm going to guess on the prices but I don't think we'll be able to hit 120k dps while upping your EHP.

I would regear for more EHP then for raw dps. You're at 500 VIT and 436 resist, way too glassy. The majority of your damage comes from your weapons anyways so you can upgrade those down the line after getting the rest of your gear in check.

Helm - As with others. Vit > Life. Simply because life percentage scales with vit. You're gainign 2k health from it, attainable from 70 more vit.. Go for a Double resist roll + 80 vit in this slot.. Should run you 5-20m..

+80 resist +50 vit. = 550 vit /510 resist..

Pants: Sell yours, pick up one iwth 50 resist for 1-3m. 49 str is useless.

+50 resist = 550vit/550 resist

Chest - If you wanna stick with inna's, go with one with over 190vitality. Should run you 10-25m.. Life percentage does not really matter IMO. a difference of 1-2 percent is equivalent to 30 or so vitality so factor taht in when shopping. OR you could go with a rare /w 170dex/200+vit/a resist for >5m.

+140 vitality = 690 vit / 550 resist or 600..

Belt: Is fine, could use more dex but it's not a piece that needs tinkering with atm.

Bracers - You's aren't that bad. 130dex/4.5cc /w 80 vit + double resist =90 or single resist 45+ and 130+vit.. 5-15m

+80 vit + 70 resist = 770 vit / 650 resist..

Ammy - Going to a 100dex/80vit/cc/50cd/resist wil net you the same damage + give you defensive stats... Something u need..

+80 vit + 15 resist = 850 vit / 675 resist..

Shoulders: Pickup 60 vit on them wiht the same stats - 12-20m.

+ 60 vit = 910 vitality / 675 resist..

Gloves - You're missing dex.. Going to a 100dex/6ias/8cc/30 would net you about the same damage but offer you a little more survivabililty. I wouldn't prioritize upgrading this slot till the end.

After doing the following you can change your skills.

Guilding light for STI - Def > Offense. You'll also be changing to overawe so you wont need this horrible buff that only works in teamplay.

MoC - Overawe > MoH- ToM. - you wont need the extra resist anymore. The CC you've gained will proc more tornadoes. OVerawe gives you a 24-48 percent damage increase. You'll heal and damage for 24-48 percent more now:D

Thank you!
Reply Quote
Interested in picking up my monk again. What could you do with 75 mil
Reply Quote
Okay Scrapzy Clause...

I'm at a loss for exactly what to do from here =)

Thanks!

PS. - Noticed my profile is showing my EF in the offhand and the wrong boots. I have an 881 CD/LS/OS sword that I switch out for MP8+ runs and boots are usually 80 str, 276dex, 121vit, 49 PR, and 75 AR.
Edited by Chelliance#1209 on 12/12/2012 3:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
Scrapz,

That's about what I figured. For now, I'm comfortable with S&B and not DW as it's fitting my play style so far. So far, hard to find increases in the dex/vit without losing other stats but at least I know I'm on a good track so far.
Reply Quote
If I missed you guys in the thread, sorry. I'll try to get to you guys analyzed tomorrow.

For people who want to talk to me in-game. I'll be on in about 30 minutes.

Happy farming guys
Reply Quote
If I missed you guys in the thread, sorry. I'll try to get to you guys analyzed tomorrow.

Happy farming guys

Id like the help you give to others. I've got maybe 90mil to spend and would like to be able to live in mp7 without dieing all the time.

Please give help. I've tired to add you on the game as well
Reply Quote
Thank you very much!

I'll write again once I obtain some gear.
Reply Quote
Whoops, buddy list was full.

you guys will have to readd me
Reply Quote
Hey Scrapz,
I would appreciate it if you could spend some time having a look at my monk, and let me know what i can improve on next. I currently have a 85mill to spend on my monk.

Toon = Mistaherb
ID = TheCadaver#6434
Budget = 85m
Reply Quote
Sent you request in game
Reply Quote
Nice one scrapz, its great seeing a fellow monk helping out the community, I dont know enough to help but keep up the great work, monk in is my mind the hardest class but at the same time, I think its the funnest.

Well done
Reply Quote

Happy farming guys

Cyke - Arkaine#6346 - 40m
need your advise to improve / balance my toon to 100K DPS.
Thank you very much. :)
Reply Quote
hey scrapz looking at the items i currently have i'm not even surviving at MP5 -_-... any ideas?
Reply Quote
Scrapz is the man helped me out last night ended up playing a few rounds with him, dude just rolls over everything lol.

Thanks again for the help.
Reply Quote
hey Scrapz, mind taking a look on my monk?

For some stupid reason the profile and dps are not updated..

At full gear, i have 640 AR, slightly over 5k armour, 134k dps. EHP about 540k..

Thinking of ditching my ice climbers for nat set, should i go for the lightning res or +% life?

For chest piece i also wanna move on to a high vit inna chest probably around 200+ vit..

Belt is quite easy, witching hour is still pretty affordable.

Helm would love to get a mempo with crit, (gotta pray for a good drop or brimstone goes to 100k for me to buy :(

Anywhere else u think i can move stuff around? I can do mp 10 quite ok, only that it seems im always the most undergeared in the team haha..

Im more concern about surivability at the moment over dps as i can get those from weapons.

thanks dude
Edited by Easter#1808 on 12/13/2012 10:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
THECARAVER:

Your toon is nicely built. I can't really say much besides up the stat points on the pieces you have.

Weakest peice is your helmet. Followed by your bracer only because it has a low dex roll

If money is burning through your pockets. Pant's 150+ vit is more EHP then 40 resist can be had for 80m i believe.

I would save for a huge weapon upgrade. remember to factor in the 130 dex loss when using a dps calculator

Solid toon. Props.

CARTMANZ:

Thanks

ARKANIE.

You have 347 Vitality points stacked onto your weapons. Since weapons are the major contributor to overall dps, you cannot change them without turning into a complete glass cannon.

Although you are a little low on resist, you are stacked on armor and have a good balance between the two..

Ring: Easiest spot to pickup some DPS + Vitality. It's missing CC. It may show that you are losing some dps on paper when swapping your rings, but it doesnt account how much tornadoes will be dropped.

4.0CC/Avgdmdg/80dex/Vitality (i say this because you need vit more then you need resist atm) + IAS or CD(if your budget allows). I always go ias but thats me.

After the ring, start saving up more gold. Then do your gloves and ammy.

AKI95:

I won't comment on your gear but your skill choice instead. I'm confused on what you're doing.. Are you Tempest Rushing? Are you doing a a cyclone build? Dodge build?

If you're doing dodge build, you're not maximizing your dps over your sweeping blinds + backlash. Sweeping winds accounts for alot of your sustain via lifesteal.. You also have LOH, which means you'll constantly be attacking while being surrounded, so buffing up your sweeping winds is going to help you alot.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aSXYgh!XdU!acbcYc - This is how I would spec. With a stronger sweeping winds and leech, you shouldn't have to TR out of trouble..

As far as weapons, may want to get a secondary lifesteal weapon to maximize the leech from your backlash..

DEVILISHGUY:

You're welcome. Whoever geared you in the first place really did a number on you. Max armor, no resist or vit.. Oh lordy! Good thing there were a few pieces we could change without affecting your overall dps and not costing u too much.

EASTER:

Sounds like you know what you're doing.

Q:Thinking of ditching my ice climbers for nat set, should i go for the lightning res or +% life?

Well since your rings already have 6.0 CC, is it really worth it to drop your icelimbers for a extra 1.0CC. Probably not.

Problem I see? You hit at 1.3 aps.. I'm guessing you're having a problem sustaining(leeching) fast enough. I would add some IAS and try to shoot for at least a 2.0 average attack speed between the two weapons . It may be worth dropping one of your weapons for a echoing fury, I would guess the leech would be just about the same. If you want, someone donated a echoing fury to me, it's nothing fancy but you're welcome to try it out and see if the increase in IAS is worth dropping that extra 2.0 lifesteal.

Another option is going with a 1.4+ APS offhand. You may lose some damage in the process but i think your overall character feel will be much more satisfying.
Edited by scrapz#1142 on 12/13/2012 12:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
AKI95:

I won't comment on your gear but your skill choice instead. I'm confused on what you're doing.. Are you Tempest Rushing? Are you doing a a cyclone build? Dodge build?

If you're doing dodge build, you're not maximizing your dps over your sweeping blinds + backlash. Sweeping winds accounts for alot of your sustain via lifesteal.. You also have LOH, which means you'll constantly be attacking while being surrounded, so buffing up your sweeping winds is going to help you alot.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aSXYgh!XdU!acbcYc - This is how I would spec. With a stronger sweeping winds and leech, you shouldn't have to TR out of trouble..

As far as weapons, may want to get a secondary lifesteal weapon to maximize the leech from your backlash..

i have no idea... i'm just trying this and that here and there till u comes online or give a reply hahaha.. what do u tink i still need to upgrade with 300mil coming tmr... expecting to hit roughtly about 150k dps ~ 200k... i dunno

anyway don't mind the TR lol.. its just using it to run around Mp0 inferno for lvling lol..
Edited by aki95#6246 on 12/13/2012 12:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
Grrrr, old gear not selling.
It wasn't the greatest gear but it wasn't terrible.
Lowering prices, hopefully I'll sell it in time and make the cut!
Keep up the good work and service.
Reply Quote

I don't remember exactly what your gear was but if you're just mp0 smashing... I'm sure my build recommendations to you need not apply to mp0 glass cannon smashing
Reply Quote

I don't remember exactly what your gear was but if you're just mp0 smashing... I'm sure my build recommendations to you need not apply to mp0 glass cannon smashing

Yah, my MP0 smashing days are past me :) I would like to get into higher MP levels and what you're doing is awesome. I always wanted to upgrade my gear, however, I had a long term plan of the pieces I wanted to buy. This seems like a golden opportunity to start with a clean slate and upgrade from there :)
d3up has my old gear/stats: http://d3up.com/b/149838

TY!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]