Diablo® III

Pimp Your Monk: FREE Holiday Service

12/14/2012 12:12 PMPosted by scrapz
scrapz looking at my character now.. what is the next few things that i need to upgrade?

First off, you're stacking resist incorrectly. You have physical in your ring, fire in gloves and lightning on your waist..

OWE works by taking your single highest resistance + your all resist to equate to a final all resist. You cannot stack different resist.

IMO the strongest piece out of the 4 is probably your amulet. Weakest is your ring. So you'll have to pick which resist you want to stack.

Priority of replacement

Bracers: Your bracers are the weakest piece of your toon. Lacunis are junk IMO.

Look for a 100dex/80vit/double resist =90 / 4.5CC for the best overall upgrade.

Helm - Useless int roll, gives you 11 more resistance. Could use a secondary resist

Shoulders - Useless int roll, gives you 7 more resistance. Get a secondary resist instead

Shoes - Useless roll - grab a secondary resist.

Belt - Grab the right resist..

Boots - Nat's boot with no ring... hmmm. The only reason to wear these boots are to get the +7 CC bonus from the 2 piece.. Go with a rare or iceclimbers instead if you're not getting the ring
Doing those upgrades first will allow you to not sacrifice your dps while gaining EHP stats.

yeah i do i picked those up in game so pretty much not bugging anything about it yet.. hahahaha... yup replacing the ring with nat soon... yeah this lacuni is crap i found it during lvling lol.. changing it too...
Reply Quote
would it be possible for me to add you tonight to have you look at my TR set and see if there is anything in the 5-6m, range I can do to get it over the 100k ( it's about 90K glass cannon ) . I have tried to build 2 sets with the minimum amount of gold , I think I have done well enough but I can't quite break the 100k on my TR set , after some advice I managed to change my MP1-3 gear to the point that I can manage it farming ( that is the gear I am in now ) .
Reply Quote
12/14/2012 12:14 PMPosted by scrapz
First off, mad props to your dedication man. How can I improve? I value the stats on all my items too much. I'm afraid of dropping resists and armor (I've recently started switching to crit build and I've already dropped a ton) and I love being a pimp bashing enemies with insane AS. But I want that 100k dps that comes from crit gear. I've been eyeing these 1000k+ dps shenlongs that come with 50% crit dmg. The other option would be to get high crit dmg gear with slots and slot it with emmys but that's slightly out my price range atm. So what do you think? I also love the fireballs from shenlongs. just saying. Thanks!

what budget are you working with?

I'm sitting at 24m atm.
Edited by newbatthis#1959 on 12/14/2012 4:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hey there.
Budget: 50m
Any idea of what should I upgrade first? Almost every upgrade I find is for more than 3m, sometimes even 10m.
Should I completely replace some parts of my gear maybe?
Thanks in advance!
Reply Quote
BBMENETOS:

Your toon looks good. Could use about 50-100 more resist and vitality though.

Weapon - look like you've already upgraded your OF already. how's the sustain now?

Gloves - They are the weakpoint in your dps game. Since they offer so much vit on them, you will need to find some vit in other places. Finding 50 single resist gloves w/w damage modifers is easy.

Ammy: It's lackign dex. Since you have a nice 200m budget, you might want to drop a good chunk on that on a ammy upgrade with dex. If you could get some vit in this slot, it would be beneficial to you.
Make sure you punch this into dmg calculator before purchasing..

Bracers: Could use more dex. Since you can't really pick up too much more defensive/offensive stats. Money would be spent elsewhere atm.

Shoulders - Easiest place to pick up some vitality.

Helm: Could use resist instead of armor or maybe a double vitality roll since you need some to replace your gloves.

Boots: Might be time to look into Iceclimbers /w double resist:D

Thanks dude! Really appreciate you taking the time to anaylze our characters =D

After upgrading to double LS weapons, I can feel more stability now, guess I made a correct call =x

RD mobs are finally sustainable now, unless I am contending with multiple effects like Fire Chains/Desecrate/etc
My personal "test" on whether my sustain/defense is sufficient is if I can tank Azmodan attack till I just click-n-hold on him till he dies LOL. The last I tried I survived MP4 with 1% HP. I know this isn't the way the game intended for us to kill Dan, but to me that's a baseline test considering most elites are stronger than bosses ._.

I've since changed my shoes into Iceclimbers, and will follow your advice to upgrade the rest of my gear accordingly.

Thanks again man, Happy Holidays! Ho ho ho
Reply Quote
I'd like to have my guy analyzed. I pretty much know where I'm lacking but I can't find items that will do the job without spending a fortune. Only 35M atm
Reply Quote
Would you take a look at my gear and give me some advice so that I will able to farm mp10, budget 100-200mil. It would be great if u can msg in game because i currently use gear for mp0 TR. MrK#1670
Reply Quote
@ Scrapz -

I'm bringing my Monk out of retirement, got her geared pretty much the way I want to, but could use some advice in the Skills/Passives that would work best with my build.

Not sure how long it'll take my online profile to update ... or you can catch me in-game if it hasn't.

Thx

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ic1HooksTV-1133/hero/19971134
Reply Quote
Hey Scrapz, thank you for offering this kind help.

I need some clarification and advice from a monk expert like you and I believe you can pretty much see everything from my profile except:

1. My resist is 540 and I will switch my ring to Litany when doing key runs or uber boss at MP7 or higher.

2. The 33 -67 dmg affix on my left ring is actually wrong, the average number is 67

3. Everything I got are bought from AH with under 10 M gold each:3M for the glove, 2M for the huge DPS boost ring and 1.5 M for the very nice EHP belt. Just to let you know I would rather spend gold effectively on "useful gears" rather than spending 50 M just for a nice looking 10cc 90 crit dmg amulet.

ATM I can kill MP 5 Azmodan w/o moving and farm Mp 5 with ease. MP 6 is still ok but MP 7 is hard.

I appreciate it if you could let me know the things I have been wondering for a long time :) :

1. I think the way that XX - XX dmg affix are being calculated to the paper DPS is wrong (I bet you have known that already), is that intended or it is a bug?

2. Should I use BoH-Blazing Wrath or SSS for my current DPS and sustain level?

My goal is to increase DPS w/o losing EHP by much with 25m - 50 m budget, or even increase both at the same time :P

1. I am trying to decide what are the gears that I should upgrade first. My first thought is a better WKL but I heard rumors about SW-Vortex nerf. Should I go for a better WKL or another weapon?

2. I know good Nat's ring + boot will give me a DPS bonus but the price of the good ones are unreasonable compared to rare items and the pickup radius on my boots means I will have to change another gear if I want to go for Nat's set. Any thought on this?

3. What would be the MP level I can comfortably farm after the upgrade if I have i. 25 m budget ii. 50 m budget ?

Sorry for the long list of questions and looking forward to your reply :)
Edited by dearmr#1730 on 12/15/2012 12:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
Been hesitating on putting my guy here to get checked, dont have a ton of $$ and dont use the RMAH. looking from some pro help. MP 6 and up is a beatch. TKS
Reply Quote
Farm mp8. Move closer towards 200k dps. Budget 100-200M
Reply Quote
I'd just appreciate some advice as I've been out of the game a while and am interested in playing again. I ran myself out of gold trying to keep up with early patch changes and gear/build switching, so I don't really know what the norm is now.

JediG#1513 - <1 million
Reply Quote
150 mil budget.. don't use OWE so im buy res all gear. tryin to snipe a crit mempos.. and a witching hour. anything u can see the help would be appreciated.
Reply Quote
I haven't played for real in about 3 - 4 months.. and I know my gear is all over the place now haha. Started again about 2 days ago and saw that all the gear that had been worth hundreds of millions is now worth less than 1m (in some cases). I have a budget of about 40m, and would like to survive whatever the highest MP is that's possible (do you know what a 40m build can probably take on in terms of MP level?). I would also possibly like whatever move speed is possible in case I would like to do some paragon farming. Thanks!
Reply Quote
Added you! I'd love to have someone gear my monk!
Reply Quote
Just want to get my hp up essentially, budget doesnt matter all that much, most of my items work i think. thanks!
Edited by PUFNSTUF#1500 on 12/17/2012 11:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
Hey Scrapz,

Thank you again for the advice you gave me before. As I said I would, writing back now that I have purchased the specific things you called out. My guess is I should now focus on getting a new weapon(s), but just asking your thoughts!

Thank you in advance for any additional advice.
Reply Quote
hi there..

i was saving some gold to make a good upgrade, now than i have i want some advise cause i don't wanna !@#$ed up lol

budget 100m

where should i start with??
Reply Quote
12/14/2012 01:22 PMPosted by aki95

First off, you're stacking resist incorrectly. You have physical in your ring, fire in gloves and lightning on your waist..

OWE works by taking your single highest resistance + your all resist to equate to a final all resist. You cannot stack different resist.

IMO the strongest piece out of the 4 is probably your amulet. Weakest is your ring. So you'll have to pick which resist you want to stack.

Priority of replacement

Bracers: Your bracers are the weakest piece of your toon. Lacunis are junk IMO.

Look for a 100dex/80vit/double resist =90 / 4.5CC for the best overall upgrade.

Helm - Useless int roll, gives you 11 more resistance. Could use a secondary resist

Shoulders - Useless int roll, gives you 7 more resistance. Get a secondary resist instead

Shoes - Useless roll - grab a secondary resist.

Belt - Grab the right resist..

Boots - Nat's boot with no ring... hmmm. The only reason to wear these boots are to get the +7 CC bonus from the 2 piece.. Go with a rare or iceclimbers instead if you're not getting the ring
Doing those upgrades first will allow you to not sacrifice your dps while gaining EHP stats.

yeah i do i picked those up in game so pretty much not bugging anything about it yet.. hahahaha... yup replacing the ring with nat soon... yeah this lacuni is crap i found it during lvling lol.. changing it too...

Updated the rings, bracer and glove NOT YET... but soon.. what else? hehehe.. any better weapon or i'm good to go?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]