Diablo® III

MP10 WWbarb 2. (advise)

Due to popular Demand i started a thread 2 on behalf of King benjamin.
The previous one was full.

Link to old thread: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7199035096

From King Benjamin:

Currently re-gearing, back on the road to mp10. (not original set)

if you need help with gear, have a question, or want advice go a head and post :)

here is a link to my diablo progress and profile:

DP: http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/kingbenjamin-1485/KingBenjamin/5553249

D3: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/KingBenjamin-1485/hero/5553249

Currently also answering questions and reviewing barbs:
-Horngyuh80
-Waycooloz

EDIT:

12/10/12

HUGE BARB STAT : CC

CC is most important to any Barb build but especially to the WW barb. CC is like the oil pump that converts into Fury/gas. The more CC you have (oil wells) the more Fury you will be generating. You can think of "Into the Fray" as manufactory process.

Paragon Farming tips.

This is an excellent vid of a very efficient build/gear for mp0-1 XP Parafarming:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0tuA-G6iDc&list=UUdGUWn4sK9n_siyXg2H5CTg&index=6

Explains how and why the gear stats work as well as the build set. Also shows a run to see how it is played.

By horngyuh80
Some very obvious mistake i notice with most people gears.

1)Too much AR (700+ gears alone), with low DPS and low HP.
Having that much of AR only proves you have alots of missing damage mods elsewhere. Unless your equipment is over billions. Example, a 500-1b ring, with 5 damage mods +AR.
40-60damage, 80str, 9ias, 35%cd, 5.5%cc + AR67. You can achieve the +700AR on gears and maintaining good DPS. If you really want to have AR on rings, try to have those with at least 4 damage mods.

2)Putting EF on MH.
So much fear proc on nados, makes farming inefficient, EF is for OH when using WW.
Use it on MH only when you are using other builts, like throw or HOTA .

3)Use a skorn but stack zero ias.
Skorn love IAS. Remember to stack them to 1.34aps. It'll helps alot with your nados proc.
If not your WOTB will not be able to able to maintain most of the time.

4)Zero MS yet using WW built.
Movespeed enable you to spin over kiter elites and force them to force in a opposite direction back to your nados. It's allow mobility to run from pack to pack with lesser time thus lower the chance of losing wotb. It's one of the most valuable affix in all your gears. 24% is very neccessary.

5)Has no vit in shoulders.
If you cant afford a vile with some vit, take a rare instead. 250str 0vit is unbalance. If you keep this mindset, you find yourself with 3Xkhp. Because it just take 2 or 3 gears with missing vit to drop your HP rock bottom.

6)Both weapons without LS.
Min LS require, 5-6%. 8-9% to handle RD mobs with hard hitting affix well. So make sure there is LS on at least one weapon.

7)Stacking High Loh on weapons instead of LS. Loh is nerf after 1.04 patch. Greatly nerf for WW nados. Anyway, LS is better. Reason is they grow as your DPS grows. It's a synergy. Never get loh on weapons where LS is available. For some "sweet" loh, unity ring and BT pants are nice.

8)having not enough CD. Tons of players opt AR, LOH or ias on amulets where it spawn a 100%CD. Please get CD on amulet. It's a slot that spawn the highest CD. keep ias to your rings, not amulet, unless you can afford a 500-1billion amulet to have a trifeca.
To have high DPS, make sure you have the main CD (total of 350%+ at least) from weapons and amulet alone, a mistake too many is making. Any additional CD from rings and gloves are a bonus.

9)A trifeca ring without other damage mod is just a normal ring with 3 damage mod. Nothing great, yet it's often costly as it looks "good". Don't be decieve by it's look.

Tips to built a good efficient barb is to balance well. To have most out of your gears.
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 12/22/2012 5:04 PM PST
@King or anyone else . Any advice on what I can upgrade would be great.
Thanks. I have about 200 mill to spend.

@ICBERlin

Compass rose is one of the worst ammy and ring. Get the MS elsewhere. Even with cc, it's status is subpar. Advice to you is ditch the mf, get paragon levels fast by farming faster.

If farming well, 45mins - 1hr at your level or even lesser. just 15lvls, you gain back the lost mf.
At the same time you gain status, goldfind.

Make a start, from your shoulder, ammy and compass rose ring.
Shoulder, standard 230+str, 70vit, AR60+, either life or armor.
Ammy, standard, high cc, cd, str, average damage.
ring average damage, cc, ias, str. Vit if you have budget.

Gems upgrade on weapons.
I am sure you can farm much much better. Just 3 parts upgrade.
90 Night Elf Rogue
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Teebs-1197/hero/652806

I fell to a gimmick, i bought a third piece of move speed gear, and my 36% gets capped down at 25%.

I guess i could get a new set of boots with more stats on them next. unfortunately all of my gold went to the chest and pants.
Thanks Horngyuh80.

How about my weapons, would you recommend I replace them also? Im mainly concerned that my OH is too weak.
I hope this is not trolling. I posted the post below in another thread. But I am hoping to get more opinion.

I have been extensively reading and researching about WW build. I am really torn with options as I am not sure which one will optimized the gold I have.

IK belt and glove definitely need to change to higher core stat, I snipe those very cheap initially when I build this barb.

Should I go for IK helmet and try to complete the IK5? I never have WOTB up due to fury management. Or Mempo (without CC)? and stay with current BT 2 piece bonus? I would really love to have WOTB uptime more than 90% with new upgrade.

Can you suggest options of upgrade? My understanding is that EF on MH will boast OF APS but low fear EF and high dps is definitely out of my budget. High DPS mace is probably for me as MH. I saw many suggest EF offhand but wont dagger offhand provide higher speed?

I have around 100m-200m region to tweak but I hope to have advice how the set should look like. Thanks in advance.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/CKay-6821/hero/28355518
Thanks Horngyuh80.

How about my weapons, would you recommend I replace them also? Im mainly concerned that my OH is too weak.

For WW built, thats a good offhand. 80%damage comes from your nados. There are people testing on azomodon using a 25dps off hand vs a 700dps offhand both a dagger. Result is almost same.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Teebs-1197/hero/652806

I fell to a gimmick, i bought a third piece of move speed gear, and my 36% gets capped down at 25%.

I guess i could get a new set of boots with more stats on them next. unfortunately all of my gold went to the chest and pants.

?? Didnt saw your 36%ms... Profile problem??
I hope this is not trolling. I posted the post below in another thread. But I am hoping to get more opinion.

I have been extensively reading and researching about WW build. I am really torn with options as I am not sure which one will optimized the gold I have.

IK belt and glove definitely need to change to higher core stat, I snipe those very cheap initially when I build this barb.

Should I go for IK helmet and try to complete the IK5? I never have WOTB up due to fury management. Or Mempo (without CC)? and stay with current BT 2 piece bonus? I would really love to have WOTB uptime more than 90% with new upgrade.

Can you suggest options of upgrade? My understanding is that EF on MH will boast OF APS but low fear EF and high dps is definitely out of my budget. High DPS mace is probably for me as MH. I saw many suggest EF offhand but wont dagger offhand provide higher speed?

I have around 100m-200m region to tweak but I hope to have advice how the set should look like. Thanks in advance.

Dagger will provide higher speed. But EF enhance MH speed as well. In terms of dps gain, dagger can never match EF. For 2 reasons, .21-25 ias on both hand, and EF bigbig base damage. EF works as a better weapons on other built too. Dagger damage is too low and doesnt do big damage using HOTA. Half of your attack will be much smaller.

I advise your equipments later. Buzy at work.
@horngyuh80

Thanks for the reply. If I understand correctly, EF will have better dps gain if I change play style such as using HOTA. If purely WW style, on paper the dps is low, but having a dagger will have higher damage.

Camping for the equipment guide. :)
Hi, I would like to ask what should i upgrade on my parts. I would think a weapon in place of my devil tongue, and maybe my IK belt and Bracer. But I have no idea what exactly should i change to. Do help me and thanks in advance=) Currently, I have problems with mp8 and above. I am a WW barb too.
What's wrong with my barb, I just got a witching hour which boost my dps by 20k, while dropping 75 AR and 2.9 life leech. I found it very hard to survive with WW on MP10, back then it was easy with the HoTA/Rend build, HoTA rend is still doing fine now btw. I die especially easily to mobs with plague and another element. Here's the most updated link to my barb with stats:

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/chichi-1857/Dog/28792793
Hi Guys back again silly Motel ISP.
@Deathyakuza nice job on your Barb....
I feel your main issue is in fact your offhand by upgrading this you will increase both DPS and EHP look for some thing over 800 DPS with AS of 1.35 above It should also include CHD above 60% this with your gem will give you 160% plus CHD on the off hand alone. The belt is not that bad at all But it won't hurt to look for one which has some VIT as well on it.Also keep in mind that the last part should be a increase to BASH if you like BASh and not Revenge.
Yes those Braces could use a up grade look for some prowlers with AR/STR/AS 9% on them.
Now yes you will lose some CHC but there cheaper and worth it.Look for CHC ring. I feel that your glooves are letting you down more then you know try finding some IK glooves with 10 CHC and CHD bonus in STR/VIT/AS/AR...
upgrade those gems.
P.S. by getting LS on the offhand you open a thrid passive and can drop Bloodthrist..

Cheers
@ChiChi wow very hard to pin point the problem you seem to have everything covered..
I must say I feel you could do better with prowlers there kinda a stranded for barbs..
Thou CHC/CHD/VIT/AR and Armour are all great.
AS is on the low side which is were the prowlers can help also the Hellfire ring could be replaced for Lit/undead which will increase CHC and AR/AS..
I must say I'm not a fan of the build I understand the build but would look at dropping rend here for sprint with your DPS and LS it will work great...

cheers
@horngyuh80

Thanks for the reply. If I understand correctly, EF will have better dps gain if I change play style such as using HOTA. If purely WW style, on paper the dps is low, but having a dagger will have higher damage.

Camping for the equipment guide. :)

Theortically you are correct. But nados speed are base on your last weapon swing. Can you always make sure dagger is your last swing? If anyone knows how let's share. I dunno. Even while WW, your attacks alternate between hands.

While using EF, with calculation from for breaking point and able to hit breakpoints. The over all advantage gain will certainly be more. imo. Just see all the top 50 barbs. It's really hard to find one without Echo. Even those without is using skorn not a regular dagger.
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 12/11/2012 1:24 AM PST
HI, i m a WW Barb..can give me some advise for my gear?? i ready dont have any idea to upgrade it..since the IK for my chest and gloves is really expensive selling in AH..
Hi King, ww barb hear looking for expert gear advice. Trying to figure out whether its finally time for me to bite the bullet and go IK like all the other ww barbs or get a third piece of blackthornes for dps boost. I find im particularly squishy when dealing with reflect elites but otherwise can farm mp8 pretty easily. Thanks for your help.
@Storeman wow nice job you are aiming in the right direction.
Yes sadly you are at the point were to improve it will COST
And sadly you have named the two areas of most gain for your Barb.
Other then that UPGRADE those GEMS you will notice the differents.
i would be seeking to get another 12% MS through Prowers or innas this will help in your AS.
Your AS is very low at this stage and is hurting you IK glooves or prowlers will help in this reguard..
You are getting there and looking good to move on so it is now going to cost for those upgrade but you won't regret it..

Cheers
Hi Rex,

Your barb damage is very high..just a question that with your resistant izzit can survive in mp8 and above?? coz i also think to reduce my resistant to up my damage..pls advise..thamks
Hi, what can I change without costing too much? I wonder if I have too much sustain. I would like to stay with my shield because I can WW all day over molten and lasers. Problem is I'm not doing enough damage. Would like to be able to do MP8+. I usually farm at MP5 anything above takes too long even though I don't die with all my sustain.
Hi Guys
What changes do I need to do to get to MP10? Although I have never tried highter than MP5 which is pretty easy at the moment.
Most of my gear was found by my DH.
As faras weapons go because I am using WM should I be using a specific waepon type?

here is my link
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/lordsaffron-1397/Nikkos/23374073

any suggestions are appriciated :)
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]