Diablo® III

MP10 WWbarb 2. (advise)

@Horngyuh80

Well I thought it was not appropriate, I really do appreciate what you are doing here and don't want to disrupt it nor discourage it.
Awesome thread. I can spend a day reviewing your comments for other people getting ideas, and I will get through as much as I can. Looking to do some key farming to break up the paragrind.(not that I'm anywhere far into it)

Obviously know I can get a better ring(i am broke). I've given thoughts to the fact that if i'm out to do MP10, I can go a different route than my only hellfire ring so far, and drop the xp gem in the helm and go for the %life instead(gotta save another 20mil...)
My DPS is lacking. Not sure if I should value my OH weapon as much as I do. I was thinking of going EF, (got the chest for my 5 piece IK instead), but not sure how valuable the 900LoH/3LS is. Currently at 1600 LoH and 8.9 LS.

I'm trying to figure out my 2 optional talents. So far I've liked Frenzy with Smite. Especially saying when there are only 2 or 3 left in an elite pack and all normals are dead, I can keep one of them pretty close to perma stunned. Should I go maniac instead for the extra dmg? Now for Overpower. Normally everyone uses Killing spree. I find that on large groups with elites on mp8, sometimes the burst damage is just to much. So I'm leaning toward more survivability. Which would be better? Crushing advance or Revel? I don't have fury issues so additional CC isn't needed to keep up WotB, unless that additional CC will increase my DPS by such a large portion that it will make killing a lot easier.
Thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks in advane!
Edited by damcrac#1898 on 12/19/2012 5:38 AM PST
@Horngyuh80

Hello again! ;)
Thx again for the advises. I easily do mp5 farms now. I v got 57 ml budget (its not much but it is something) and I need some new guidance to improve my farming gear. Thank You in advance.
@unHOLY

I saw a lvl2 barb with a shield & sword... How to give advise?? =.=
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/unHOLY-2548/hero/15126985

sry ;)
Recently I have been doing some reading on WW build tdps. I found this formula from a ranking thread (by Lorenze) here:

True damage per second:
Dual wield Tdps = [(.7 *M) + (.4833 * ({M+O} /2)) ]* t
2H Tdps = [(.7 *M) + (.4833 * M) ]* t = 1.1833*m*t

.7 = .2 coefficient of RLTW * average number of tornadoes 3.5
.4883 = coefficient for combined weapon DW
M= average damage of mainhand weapon
O= average damage of offhand weapon
t = average ticks per second of both weapons

From the formula, is it safe to assume my STR is not influencing the tornado damage output? Strictly speaking on the tornado only, disregarding WW or HoTA. Or maybe M is Average Main Hand * "whatever damage modifier"?
12/18/2012 09:27 PMPosted by Horngyuh80
3.Get,cc60%after buffed,cd400-500%,ias30-40%,str2600+ ====> guaranteed huge DPS.

Hi Guys,

Need some advise ~ I am kinda stuck on things like

1. how much IAS should i have in WOTB mode
2. Stats to go into MP10 > I dont like the idea of using skorn and rend for it.
3. how to boost my DPS significantly

>.<

@emperor

1.No fix IAS, 2.00 for dual wield if possible more is better. 1.34 for 2handers. (apply to WW built only)

2.No definate status, 200kdps unbuff 1mil ehp is a good gauge to comfortable roll over mp10.

3.Get,cc60%after buffed,cd400-500%,ias30-40%,str2600+ ====> guaranteed huge DPS.

I am at unbuff 50% atk speed, 55% CC, 432Cd 2547 str. >.< stuck at 137k dps ... how do i go forward then.

@emperor

1.No fix IAS, 2.00 for dual wield if possible more is better. 1.34 for 2handers. (apply to WW built only)

2.No definate status, 200kdps unbuff 1mil ehp is a good gauge to comfortable roll over mp10.

I am at unbuff 50% atk speed, 55% CC, 432Cd 2547 str. >.< stuck at 137k dps ... how do i go forward then.

Everything multiply by your weapon damage. Your weapon damage so low.... =.=

Get higher DPS weapons, stack avg damage and huge CD on amulet.
BTW get some MS please...
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 12/19/2012 8:31 AM PST
=.= no wonder my dps lagi low ... damn.
Mp10 is barely doable for me
How do i get more survivability while also increasing my damage
I dont get it how u can have 200k++dps and have 80k hp
Help D:
12/19/2012 08:31 AMPosted by Emperor
=.= no wonder my dps lagi low ... damn.

Yours
EF 416-622,
SkySplitter 371-842

Mine
EF 636-1125
Axe 520-1038

My EF max damage almost twice yours
Though i think we always take the average of them when calculating DPS.
My axe has around 30% more damage.

If you get them like mine, probably you have 30% more DPS. 160-170k.
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 12/19/2012 8:37 AM PST
Help D:

Paste your d3 profile link.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Crescendo-1949/hero/6911141
Help D:

@Virus
Get vit on your shoulders,
Str on pants with same status. swap 40 int to 80+str or more.
And crit chance on ammy.

Rectify this 3 parts 1st.
I have 80khp is because on the %life i stack. 70%. BT pants and armor + bonus give me huge vit, plus 100paragon lvl also give me extra vit.

200+kdps because my weapon has high damage on both hands.
I have above average cc,cd,ias (thanks to echo fury) and 2770str.
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 12/19/2012 8:50 AM PST
Hi there, first off thanks for the advice in advanced and to the help you've given others. Here's my barb, I'm doing MP5 key easily and ubers (in group) w/ some problems. My problems really arise when I do MP7 ubers. These really kick my butt. I have grown attached to my skorn (b/c I found it and didnt buy it) so I'd like to keep it.

My main concerns are two fold: 1) I have trouble keeping WotB up and 2) I know I need more life steal/loh. What I see is that I need improvements in my attack speed which would proc hits more often w/ my whirlwind and tornados. Let me know if this is what you see the issue as.

Regarding equipment, I know I need an upgrade to my Legs and think after lets it would be my Helm that needs improving.

I have about 4.5mil to spend which can improve my legs but probably no other piece as all other improvement I think would be >10mil

What do you think?
Thanks for the advice!
@Horngyuh80

Sorry about the misunderstanding. I play in EU realm thats why you didnt saw my char. Here is the link to the armory
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/unHOLY-2548/hero/15126985

Ty again and sry for bothering :)
First thing i have to say i am a huge noob. :p I have started playing a WW barb and i can barely get through mp1! if you could give me advice and cover every aspect of my character that would be much appreciated!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tms0514-1411/hero/16008235

Thanks,
TMS
Hey! I'm back with a new ring! Nothing special, but better DPS wise than the old one.
Next thing i guess offhand weapon? Should i put EF in main hand? I got 3k more dps when it's offhand, but dunno really what's better...Please, advise about next upgrade.
Thanx for a great thread guys, very helpfull info out here!

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Hamster-2881/hero/5348347
Profile hasn't updated with a new ring yet
Edited by Hamster#2881 on 12/19/2012 11:16 AM PST
@Macimus
As you can see, Your DPS is rather fine, get more Vit through a new armor and ring. Stack dmg, cc, ias, str, vit on your left ring instead.

I would recommend you to stick with inna pants as your iceclimber is rather decent. If you really want get one (inna pants) with more stats, 150+vit probably in them.
With rings and inna with more vit, hopfully a better armor with huge vit, your ehp problem would have already been solve.

To achieve 1.34APS, if you are using 2hand skorn, you need 1.34 for good nado ticks.
8%,8%,9%,9% over your gears. Right now you have 8%,8%,8%. When try to get a new inna pants, try go for a 9% there, and ring 9% to hit breaking point for 2 hand.

Anyway stacking ias allows you to dual wield better too. So no harm having more ias rather than crit. Of coz balance is still important.

*Edited
At the end part, you might want to switch a WH since your skorn has LS. WH can easily offer up to 25-30k+DPS over an IK belt. And the ias compliments very well with skorn. You can always take up the bloodthirst passive if you find that you need more LS.
However to achieve that, you need probably one more part AR, lacuni or gloves.
I get them on Gloves becoz cc,AR lacuni is soooo expensive.

Ok thanks mate, switched out to a rare ring i had in the ol' stash and upgraded my gloves for some with AS and similar STR.
Also upped the innas for VIT and dropped some STR
Upped my IK arm's STR and VIT and switched out my Vile Ward for rare's with better STR and VIT.
Upped all my gems too for more STR.

Also, I spent the majority of my 150 mil on my two new one-handers. haven't had a chance to use them yet as I only had an hour and spent it on the AH last night but my Paper DPS is only about 3K lower with them than it is with Skorn equipped.

I'll be swapping out unforgiving for either Superstitious or Tough as Nails too once I figure out which is better for my survivability. Shouldn't need LS as I'm now rolling with about 25K more unbuffed DPS and still have close to 6%.

I guess next step is to find a better MH weap but that's gonna cost me about 150 mil which I won't have for a while depending on how my current auctions go.

Thanks
@TMS0514
Definately start by getting some pants with AR and vit, even something like blackthornes. Your hp is very low!

Edit: that Andys helm is really going to hurt, very high fire damage. Consider getting one with lower +fire damage
Edited by Octavo#1200 on 12/19/2012 3:17 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]