Diablo® III

MP10 WWbarb 2. (advise)

Can someone advise me on much dps I might gain with say a 50 mill budget and two new weapons. Understand, I don't want to trade my weapons, I just don't. But I feel like my gear is pretty decent and I could have more dps if I switched em out.

That said, they are different and I love them, but if for 50 mill I could do, say 30k more dmg, I would do it.

Thanks.
12/19/2012 08:40 AMPosted by Virus
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Crescendo-1949/hero/6911141

You stack 53%Hp, but your vit is too low. yet you end up with 40 odd HP.
You AR is abit too low at your HP level too.
For skorn user stacking IAS is better than critdamage.
1.34aps
8%,8%,9%,9%ias
Get them on rings, gloves
You might want to use a good andriel visage to keep budget low.

Remember to get some vit in shoulders and glove if possible when you upgrade your gear later.
Stack IAS.
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 12/20/2012 6:44 AM PST
To be honest I don't see the thrills of high level like MP10. After running 30 mins of it I found it to be very boring in which elites takes too long to kill. Personally I like the quick change of maps :)

As long as you have high enough DPS with decent armor...life steal pretty much does the rest to keep you alive and the rest will be sitting there watching paint dry while you dance around elites.
Awesome thread. I can spend a day reviewing your comments for other people getting ideas, and I will get through as much as I can. Looking to do some key farming to break up the paragrind.(not that I'm anywhere far into it)

Obviously know I can get a better ring(i am broke). I've given thoughts to the fact that if i'm out to do MP10, I can go a different route than my only hellfire ring so far, and drop the xp gem in the helm and go for the %life instead(gotta save another 20mil...)
My DPS is lacking. Not sure if I should value my OH weapon as much as I do. I was thinking of going EF, (got the chest for my 5 piece IK instead), but not sure how valuable the 900LoH/3LS is. Currently at 1600 LoH and 8.9 LS.

I'm trying to figure out my 2 optional talents. So far I've liked Frenzy with Smite. Especially saying when there are only 2 or 3 left in an elite pack and all normals are dead, I can keep one of them pretty close to perma stunned. Should I go maniac instead for the extra dmg? Now for Overpower. Normally everyone uses Killing spree. I find that on large groups with elites on mp8, sometimes the burst damage is just to much. So I'm leaning toward more survivability. Which would be better? Crushing advance or Revel? I don't have fury issues so additional CC isn't needed to keep up WotB, unless that additional CC will increase my DPS by such a large portion that it will make killing a lot easier.
Thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks in advane!

@Damcarc

I see you got full ik. Let's not touch it 1st, since ik cant be very bad.

Make a start on your amulet and off hand.
Remember to include cd and avgdamage in ammy.
Avg, str, cd, cc. Buy what u can afford. 20mil can get some pretty decent deal.

For OH, use a sword or dagger for more speed.
Standard good sword are, OS, cd, LS, str, 750-900dps.
I dinged lvl 60 with my barb today, got some gear from a friend and tried to fill in the gaps myself. I have a really low budget, 2m but wish to upgrade myself, is that possible. What should I look for if I get more money?

Tried going dw with some half decent one handers I had in my chest, noticed I do the same amount of dps but gets a bit more ls aswell, but instead I lose 10k hp. What should I go with?

My char: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Joackes-2744/hero/12258400
Edited by Joackes#2744 on 12/19/2012 4:03 PM PST
Recently I have been doing some reading on WW build tdps. I found this formula from a ranking thread (by Lorenze) here:

True damage per second:
Dual wield Tdps = [(.7 *M) + (.4833 * ({M+O} /2)) ]* t
2H Tdps = [(.7 *M) + (.4833 * M) ]* t = 1.1833*m*t

.7 = .2 coefficient of RLTW * average number of tornadoes 3.5
.4883 = coefficient for combined weapon DW
M= average damage of mainhand weapon
O= average damage of offhand weapon
t = average ticks per second of both weapons

From the formula, is it safe to assume my STR is not influencing the tornado damage output? Strictly speaking on the tornado only, disregarding WW or HoTA. Or maybe M is Average Main Hand * "whatever damage modifier"?

You have to ask lorenze.
My feeling is the damage from MH and OH has already account for a the cd and str inside.
Its the raw swing normal hit damage for both hands.
I dinged lvl 60 with my barb today, got some gear from a friend and tried to fill in the gaps myself. I have a really low budget, 2m but wish to upgrade myself, is that possible. What should I look for if I get more money?

Tried going dw with some half decent one handers I had in my chest, noticed I do the same amount of dps but gets a bit more ls aswell, but instead I lose 10k hp. What should I go with?

Make sure you use d3rawr.com to work out DPS if you are WW spec, paper dps doesnt mean much. Try to get some decent 1h and dual wield, its hard to maintain with a 2h unless you have tons of IAS.

IK set is decent to start out with as well, maybe look at the bul-kathos weapon set, they are usually pretty cheap.

Also change your WW to hurricane so you can drop more nados
Thank you for your help. Tried d3rawr and saw that going with dw gave me 20k extra dps when Im buffed. Will try to get some better 1 handers then.

IK set is way to expensive to me though, need to find some gold somehow :S
Changed to hurricane. Any ideas on hammer of the ancient, should I keep that or swap it for war cry or rend instead?
Edited by Joackes#2744 on 12/19/2012 4:36 PM PST
Thank you for your help. Tried d3rawr and saw that going with dw gave me 20k extra dps when Im buffed. Will try to get some better 1 handers then.

IK set is way to expensive to me though, need to find some gold somehow :S
Changed to hurricane. Any ideas on hammer of the ancient, should I keep that or swap it for war cry or rend instead?

If you're having issues staying alive switch to war cry for the armor and AR, if not then try rend for some more DPS + healing.

Btw you can pick up an IK belt pretty cheap (under 1m), and I got my boots for under a mil. I was lucky with the helm, but yeah the chest cost me a bit. I really like the 5set bonus, helps keep WotB up. Good luck!

Edit: Check out Uberjagers thread for info about APS breakpoints/IAS, then use d3rawr to work out how much you're getting from ticks, makes a big difference
Edited by Octavo#1200 on 12/19/2012 4:47 PM PST
I'm new to the Barb Scene

Can you give me advice on how to make my barb better, what items you recommend ect.
Hey there, new barb here. I was hoping you could fill me in on my character. I'm debating where the most cost effective upgrade for my character is. Also, is it better to use 2 1h weapons as opposed to a strong 2h like skorn? Thanks in advance for the help!
@ROCJoker

I think you are in the right direction. If you want to upgrade I'd go for trifecta rings and amulet. Better main hand or switch the echoing fury to main hand as it has got higher damage and higher atk speed. You should focus on atk speed to gain more ticks in tornados.

@Filletshow

Still a long way for you mate. With a skorn like that why don't you try to use cleave, revenge and rend? Double Tornado doesn't work for you as you are very low on atk speed and crit dmg. The advise could be almost the same like Rocjoker as above but you definitely need IK full set as it helps in generate fury for DT. I finds that I need more fury generator when I use a skorn my self. Until you find a skorn with life steal i think u can change one of your passive to animosity for fury generation.

Cheers.
Edited by KFC#6478 on 12/19/2012 7:32 PM PST
Any tips? I'm stuck at mp7
I'm looking for help on my barb, I'm looking to run mp6+ and I'm having a hard time
Can someone advise me on much dps I might gain with say a 50 mill budget and two new weapons. Understand, I don't want to trade my weapons, I just don't. But I feel like my gear is pretty decent and I could have more dps if I switched em out.

That said, they are different and I love them, but if for 50 mill I could do, say 30k more dmg, I would do it.

Thanks.

A good WH can give you 25kDPS boost. But probably more than 50mil and you lose your 3% LS.
50mil for a Weapon 30kDPS? Don't tink possible. Unless the an Echo fury with double crit 1200DPS sold in AH with zeross lesser.
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 12/19/2012 9:25 PM PST
To be honest I don't see the thrills of high level like MP10. After running 30 mins of it I found it to be very boring in which elites takes too long to kill. Personally I like the quick change of maps :)

As long as you have high enough DPS with decent armor...life steal pretty much does the rest to keep you alive and the rest will be sitting there watching paint dry while you dance around elites.

It's just an assertion that you have good gears. Nothing more.
@Octave

Thanks Octave for helping out.
If you guys don't mind, what do you think needs upgrading the most? I have a small budget of only around 30m so im sure i wont get anything substantial seems like all upgrades are like 50m+ . My main goal is to be able to do higher MP's and Ubers, still don't have a hellfire ring.
I'm new to the Barb Scene

Can you give me advice on how to make my barb better, what items you recommend ect.

Your Armor is a bit too high for AR ratio. 1:10.
Though not neccessary to follow always, good to keep them balance abit.
Drop those +armor on rings for more damage mod affix.

Upgrade some of your gems.
Look out for MH with bigger damage.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]