Diablo® III

MP10 WWbarb 2. (advise)

Thanks for the thread.

I have 200 mill. Is that enough for upgrading from my current build to farming MP10? What should I upgrade?

I currently do MP5 Alkaizer runs and occasionally have trouble with molten mobs, esp. when they also have that armor debuff (succubi). I think my weakest items are gloves and shoulders, and maybe bracers... not too sure.
Edited by ultratorr#1977 on 12/20/2012 1:20 AM PST
Hello! I've currently been mass key farming in hopes of getting a better Hellfire Ring (with 2/3 of crit chance/crit damage/attack speed). I'm also looking on the AH for an amulet with 7%+ crit chance and 80%+ crit damage with str/average damage.

Besides that, I never seem to have more than maybe 5m at a time, so getting decent upgrades has been difficult. Once I do get lucky on some drops however, I was wondering what else I should focus on upgrading?

Currently I run MP 4 for key farming, but I do have a little trouble sometimes (might be my low AR or I just suck :P).

Thanks for the help!
Hi! I made some changes on my gear but I am still stuck on MP5. I tried on MP 7 but was a disaster ... Here is my current equipment:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/unHOLY-2548/hero/15126985

I have a 50 mil now and i am wandering if it will better to change the boots with ice climber without MS and get an inna pats. The problem will be the huge HP drop (~10k). This will be a huge dmg burst to me but i think that I wont be able to do mp7 ... Any suggestions ?

Thanks for the help in advance! :)
12/19/2012 06:02 PMPosted by Filletshow
Hey there, new barb here. I was hoping you could fill me in on my character. I'm debating where the most cost effective upgrade for my character is. Also, is it better to use 2 1h weapons as opposed to a strong 2h like skorn? Thanks in advance for the help!

I wouldn't comment which is stronger, dual wield or skorn. But for WW built, dual wield is able to keep permanent wotb much easier.

As for skorn, you can do really big crits with hota. And skill such as rend hit much harder than dual wield.

Ultimately still personal preferance. I use skorn for around 2 months but swap back dual wield. For me i prefer dual wield coz i find weapon throw too slow to my liking.
Hi! I made some changes on my gear but I am still stuck on MP5. I tried on MP 7 but was a disaster ... Here is my current equipment:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/unHOLY-2548/hero/15126985

I have a 50 mil now and i am wandering if it will better to change the boots with ice climber without MS and get an inna pats. The problem will be the huge HP drop (~10k). This will be a huge dmg burst to me but i think that I wont be able to do mp7 ... Any suggestions ?

Thanks for the help in advance! :)

@unholy

Sorrie for the delay. I actually wrote a review on your gears. But somehow it was not send through from my handphone.

You have stack 53%life, yet your hp is only 40k, and you actually use BT set for vit bonus. Too many gears have 0 vit.
I don't recommend you to go inna pants right now. If you are keen on doing that, you should get more vit on gears 1st then go inna. Your AR is pretty low too.

Advise is to built huge vit in shoulders. Rare bracer with big vit and AR +cc and str.
Get ik boots, you can afford to lose some str there. As gain 70-80AR at a cheap cost.
Stack ias over rings. Inna pants and glove once you feel you have sufficient vit.. Remember get 1.34APS. Essential for skorn WW user.

You might want to consider andriel visage later but make sure you can afford to lose the ik%hp 1st. Its cheap and gd for skorn user due to the ias and cc. Get a socket and 5-9%fire damage if you are keen to have one.

You might want to consider using iceclimber later, but try to do it later. No point getting subpar no ms iceclimber. Aim for one that is above average. Easily cost 100milss. And once you take iceclimber, you need lacuni for 24%ms. Another expensive item there.
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 12/20/2012 3:29 AM PST
12/19/2012 09:10 PMPosted by Murugaratham
Any tips? I'm stuck at mp7

Your resist is way too high. You don't even need 700 in mp10.
Yours is near 800 or more in game.

I survive mp10 with ease at 450-500AR.
Get more hp over your gears. Shoulder shouldnt have missing vit.
Thanks for the thread.

I have 200 mill. Is that enough for upgrading from my current build to farming MP10? What should I upgrade?

I currently do MP5 Alkaizer runs and occasionally have trouble with molten mobs, esp. when they also have that armor debuff (succubi). I think my weakest items are gloves and shoulders, and maybe bracers... not too sure.

Seriously lacks movespeed. Since you have 200mil on hand. Do consider getting a gd iceclimbers with ms. Then a lacuni cc, with vit on them. They are cheaper than str.
Yes... Vit on shoulders.

I wouldnt even consider getting a shoulder without vit.
Sorrie... But i just cant stand seeing so many ppl having shoulders without vit!!! -.-ll
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 12/20/2012 3:43 AM PST
Hey! I'll post again, i think i was skipped:)
I bought a new ring with CC and CD like advised by King...
What next thing i should upgrade?
And btw, should i put EF in main hand? I got 3k more dps when it's offhand, but dunno really what's better...Please, advise about next upgrade.
One more question. What follower should i use? Scoundrel or Enchantress?
My profile here:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Hamster-2881/hero/5348347
Edited by Hamster#2881 on 12/20/2012 7:04 AM PST
And btw, should i put EF in main hand? I got 3k more dps when it's offhand, but dunno really what's better...Please, advise about next upgrade.

@Hamster
Your rings are pretty good. Though no 4damage mod, 3 + AR and high status.

I wanted to ask you to get MS, but you didn't use WOTB thrive on chaos running from pack to pack using WW. But still good to have at least 12%.

For normal WW built EF is place as OH. For your built, maybe not. I think both are fine.

I find them both good, i prefer scoundrel coz of additional cc and he has slow skills, + hellrack bow rooting enemies to ground.
Enchantress with azure blade is nice. As she deals aoe spells freezing like MC mage.

I feel that you should have your MH with LS. both weapons without LS isn't good.

Your EHP can be easily increase by getting better pants and armor. I don't feel MF neccessary. I have max MF at paragon 100, yet dun feel the impact of max MF at all.
If you can survive perfectly fine, keep the MF, if you find youself dying once in a while, it's better to get more EHP, lesser deaths, better farms.
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 12/20/2012 7:46 AM PST

@Hamster
Your rings are pretty good. Though no 4damage mod, 3 + AR and high status.

I wanted to ask you to get MS, but you didn't use WOTB thrive on chaos running from pack to pack using WW. But still good to have at least 12%.

For normal WW built EF is place as OH. For your built, maybe not. I think both are fine.

I find them both good, i prefer scoundrel coz of additional cc and he has slow skills, + hellrack bow rooting enemies to ground.
Enchantress with azure blade is nice. As she deals aoe spells freezing like MC mage.

I feel that you should have your MH with LS. both weapons without LS isn't good.

Your EHP can be easily increase by getting better pants and armor. I don't feel MF neccessary. I have max MF at paragon 100, yet dun feel the impact of max MF at all.
If you can survive perfectly fine, keep the MF, if you find youself dying once in a while, it's better to get more EHP, lesser deaths, better farms.

Yep, totally agree with you, i should drop MF gear for EHP, i can farm without dying only up to MP5...Hardly... What stats on pants should i get?
Hi, I believe I was skipped (post below). The only change I'll be making is that I've been convinced to change my skorn for 2 1h weapons. Besides that I would love some advice.
Thanks!!

Hi there, first off thanks for the advice in advanced and to the help you've given others. Here's my barb, I'm doing MP5 key easily and ubers (in group) w/ some problems. My problems really arise when I do MP7 ubers. These really kick my butt. I have grown attached to my skorn (b/c I found it and didnt buy it) so I'd like to keep it.

My main concerns are two fold: 1) I have trouble keeping WotB up and 2) I know I need more life steal/loh. What I see is that I need improvements in my attack speed which would proc hits more often w/ my whirlwind and tornados. Let me know if this is what you see the issue as.

Regarding equipment, I know I need an upgrade to my Legs and think after lets it would be my Helm that needs improving.

I have about 4.5mil to spend which can improve my legs but probably no other piece as all other improvement I think would be >10mil

What do you think?
Thanks for the advice!
Thank you so much for this thread and all the help you have given the player base. I've hit a wall with my DPS. I can survive mp8 or 9, but the killing is so slow due to my low dps. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/PapaCrusher-1449/hero/7608647

edit: I have about 35mil to work with right now.
Edited by PapaCrusher#1449 on 12/20/2012 10:30 AM PST
I need some advise on what to upgrade on my barb. Yeah, I know my shoulder's don't have vit. I currently have around 35-40 mil to work with. I'm currently running MP5 with a few elite combos that challenge me. I haven't tried MP6, but I'm sure I would do ok (but not great).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Kinchie-1523/hero/4066134

I'm not sure if I will be able to upgrade much with my budget, but any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!
Edited by Kinchie#1523 on 12/20/2012 1:22 PM PST
could you give me advice for my barb. just started playing barb and i cant seem to kill anything above mp 4. am i missing something obvious?

Yep, totally agree with you, i should drop MF gear for EHP, i can farm without dying only up to MP5...Hardly... What stats on pants should i get?

@Hamster

Total of 400-450stats if possible.
Example, 80str, 250vit, 2socket = 430stats
With 60AR+, and preferably armor.

If you can't afford such a piece try lower the spec abit.
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 12/20/2012 3:30 PM PST
Hi, I believe I was skipped (post below). The only change I'll be making is that I've been convinced to change my skorn for 2 1h weapons. Besides that I would love some advice.
Thanks!!

Hi there, first off thanks for the advice in advanced and to the help you've given others. Here's my barb, I'm doing MP5 key easily and ubers (in group) w/ some problems. My problems really arise when I do MP7 ubers. These really kick my butt. I have grown attached to my skorn (b/c I found it and didnt buy it) so I'd like to keep it.

My main concerns are two fold: 1) I have trouble keeping WotB up and 2) I know I need more life steal/loh. What I see is that I need improvements in my attack speed which would proc hits more often w/ my whirlwind and tornados. Let me know if this is what you see the issue as.

Regarding equipment, I know I need an upgrade to my Legs and think after lets it would be my Helm that needs improving.

I have about 4.5mil to spend which can improve my legs but probably no other piece as all other improvement I think would be >10mil

What do you think?
Thanks for the advice!

@yiannaki

It you are keen on using skorn. Get 1.34 swing speed. 8%,8%,9%,9% ias in glove, rings and helm maybe. You can use andriel visage, but make sure have a socket one.
Get more HP over your gears. Preferably 45khp at least.
I hope your skorn has some vit in them.

Aim for rings like mine, lower down the status for your budget. YOu can get lower cc, status, but try to aim 8-9%ias as they are important for skorn keeping up wotb.

You can try an IK boots if you want. Not much of an upgrade, but slightly more AR and vit to balance up.
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 12/20/2012 3:37 PM PST
Hello! I've currently been mass key farming in hopes of getting a better Hellfire Ring (with 2/3 of crit chance/crit damage/attack speed). I'm also looking on the AH for an amulet with 7%+ crit chance and 80%+ crit damage with str/average damage.

Besides that, I never seem to have more than maybe 5m at a time, so getting decent upgrades has been difficult. Once I do get lucky on some drops however, I was wondering what else I should focus on upgrading?

Currently I run MP 4 for key farming, but I do have a little trouble sometimes (might be my low AR or I just suck :P).

Thanks for the help!

@ISlapfrog

Follow the above comments for yiannaki, both of you are skorn user. You need ias over gears.
Thank you so much for this thread and all the help you have given the player base. I've hit a wall with my DPS. I can survive mp8 or 9, but the killing is so slow due to my low dps. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

@papacrusher
Missing vit in shoulders, a socket visage. Get them for big EHP boost.

For DPS, get a socket echo. Preferably 1200dps+ with OS.
You have 3gears with LS, its ok to give up OH for big dps output. Echo allow you to hit new breakpoints of nado easier. More damage = more LS.
But make sure you get more EHP suggested above, before attempting getting your echo.

You might find survivalbility drop slightly as a whole with lesser LS, but in long run, it will just get better when your dps keep increasing with other gears being upgraded. You kill much faster too.

Its pretty expensive for echo. Start saving more. If DPS is buffed at 135k around. A echo like i suggest will be able to bring you close to 150kdps mark. If you still want more dps, you have to rework your jewelleries. They should easily get you 20k+dps if you get them correctly.
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 12/20/2012 4:42 PM PST
I need some advise on what to upgrade on my barb. Yeah, I know my shoulder's don't have vit. I currently have around 35-40 mil to work with. I'm currently running MP5 with a few elite combos that challenge me. I haven't tried MP6, but I'm sure I would do ok (but not great).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Kinchie-1523/hero/4066134

I'm not sure if I will be able to upgrade much with my budget, but any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!

@kimchie

Good ehp. Thats the great part of a BT set + ik.
You focus too much on loh.
Get LS for the long run.

To set things right,
Rework your 2weapons 1st.
Much more cd, preferably total of 300cd in weapons alone.
Focus cd is better than status in weapons. Big status with OS alone isnt gd.
Still try to have some str in them, cd, socket.

Get LS on one of them
Mh with bigger damage.
As big as possible for your budget.
1000+damage is good. Like 500-1000damage figure below big Dps figure.

You have zero MS. Consider getting a lacuni with cc.
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 12/20/2012 4:38 PM PST

@papacrusher
Missing vit in shoulders, a socket visage. Get them for big EHP boost.

For DPS, get a socket echo. Preferably 1200dps+ with OS.
You have 3gears with LS, its ok to give up OH for big dps output. Echo allow you to hit new breakpoints of nado easier. More damage = more LS.
But make sure you get more EHP suggested above, before attempting getting your echo.

You might find survivalbility drop slightly as a whole with lesser LS, but in long run, it will just get better when your dps keep increasing with other gears being upgraded. Most importantly, You kill much faster.

Its pretty expensive for echo. Start saving more. If DPS is buffed at 135k around. A echo like i suggest will be able to bring you close to 150kdps mark. If you still want more dps, you have to rework your jewelleries. They should easily get you 20k+dps if you get them correctly.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]