Diablo® III

MP10 WWbarb 2. (advise)

12/15/2012 04:53 AMPosted by t0astp0tat0
thanks, apart from the ehp and LS %.. for rings and ammy, what do u think i should look for in terms of stats ?

Ammy
avgdamage, cc8%+,cd70%+,str150+,vit optional.

Rings
Like my rings.
12/15/2012 05:28 AMPosted by Felandro
Hey I seem to be at a sticking point with my gear, I'm trying to squeeze out an extra 20k dps or so while maintaining life sustain and good EHP, I've got a mempos for when I do key or ubers farming. My health pool is tied to my blackthorne gear, I was wondering how I can get out of relying on them, which piece can I replace. Should I grab an IK chest and take the health drop for a significant damage boost?

Ik is not a must. IK + BT bonus is great as well. I don't think it's a good idea to make massive changes. Unless you are rich.

Changing Ik armor result lost of BT bonus. Then losing bonus, you think of going inna for more DPS since BT pant's dun give you bonus anymore, you can change it now for more DPS. After inna, you found your EHP too low again and has excessive MS. You need ice climbers with no MS. It's like a chain reaction. In the very end, you didn't gain much. Because what you get probably the "entry level ones"

example:
90str, dex90, 2socket innapants.
IKarmor 150str 150vit.
Iceclimbers 200str 50vit.

You probably end up gaining next to nothing or losing something.
Unless.... you can afford them all in "BEST". But unfortunately it's going to be very very expensive.
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 12/15/2012 9:10 AM PST
I tried ww/hota although fury and wotb were up all the time I was still dying in mp3. With cleave/hota I can do upto mp6 fairly easy.

I have Ef for ww but what do I need to drastically improve on to make ww viable?

@tweakoli
Just use the EF as offhand and get ias,cc over gears. Your WW naturally improves.
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 12/15/2012 9:12 AM PST
Hi,

I need some advice on gearing my WW barb to higher levels. Eg, improving my DPS without sacrificing my survivability too much. Not really sure if my defensive stats are "optimal". Probably have around 40-80mil to spend.

Also i would like to clarify something, does increasing the DPS on my ww barb's OH weapon only serve to boost dps on paper? Does it mean that increasing DPS on my OH won't actually increase my dps much?

I have a big issue with maintaining my Wrath of the Berzerker for prolonged periods. On average i probably can only maintain it for 1-3 elite packs in mp0-3. It's slightly better at higher monster powers. Just want to know if this is normal and how to go about rectifying it.
Thanks for the input hornyguy!

I agree that my OH has to go but I'd prefer to get a new EF there
I'm much too lazy to keep checking my last weapon swing (which I would need to do if I equipped a dagger OH)

Is there any other easy way to get around this?
hi, could you give me some advice.
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/prometheus-6361/Messiah/11880199
this is my barbarian usual equipment, since the one in the profile was for farming MP1.
any comment would be greatly appreciated.
i got 50mil for upgrade
thanks
Edited by Prometheus#6361 on 12/15/2012 11:45 AM PST
I'm new to barbs, been playing a WD since launch. Wondering if anyone can help me out with any tips of advice. I'm able to do mp5ish or higher pretty easily but still occasionally die to random !@#$ and I'm not even sure why. As in, I dunno what i'm lacking in terms of defensive stats. I know my CD is low but yeah. Any h elp would be appreciated thanks!
Thank you for this thread. Would you take a look at my barb and tell me what you think. I, of course, would like to raise my DPS.
@Horngyuh80

Thank you very much for the info
whoops. it was showing my sc2 profile.

I'm new to barbs, been playing a WD since launch. Wondering if anyone can help me out with any tips of advice. I'm able to do mp5ish or higher pretty easily but still occasionally die to random !@#$ and I'm not even sure why. As in, I dunno what i'm lacking in terms of defensive stats. I know my CD is low but yeah. Any h elp would be appreciated thanks!
Edited by Arishok#1395 on 12/15/2012 1:27 PM PST
Thanks for the input hornyguy!

I agree that my OH has to go but I'd prefer to get a new EF there
I'm much too lazy to keep checking my last weapon swing (which I would need to do if I equipped a dagger OH)

Is there any other easy way to get around this?

@TheHaz
Don't worry about last Swing. Seems no one can always have the higher speed as last swing. It just keep alternating. Don't bother to check it.
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 12/15/2012 4:25 PM PST
Hi,

I need some advice on gearing my WW barb to higher levels. Eg, improving my DPS without sacrificing my survivability too much. Not really sure if my defensive stats are "optimal". Probably have around 40-80mil to spend.

Also i would like to clarify something, does increasing the DPS on my ww barb's OH weapon only serve to boost dps on paper? Does it mean that increasing DPS on my OH won't actually increase my dps much?

I have a big issue with maintaining my Wrath of the Berzerker for prolonged periods. On average i probably can only maintain it for 1-3 elite packs in mp0-3. It's slightly better at higher monster powers. Just want to know if this is normal and how to go about rectifying it.

@ZzR3

Yes, increase damage doesn't increase dpsout of WW/tornado user. But apply only strictly to this built. The dps sheet will show ugly one though. I'm sure no one wants to have a bad DPS sheet right?

About fury control, get 5% more cc and some attackspd in rings and gloves. They sure help alot.
hi, could you give me some advice.
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/prometheus-6361/Messiah/11880199
this is my barbarian usual equipment, since the one in the profile was for farming MP1.
any comment would be greatly appreciated.
i got 50mil for upgrade
thanks

Your setup is quite ok.
Just for MH, it does have big damage. But it's really quite bad to lose out a 100-150str there.
Since you already had that, probably not change it too soon.

You lack vit on certain parts like shoulders and boots. Though your EHP is 550k which is pretty fine. Good to bump it up to 700-800k a least.

Change your hellring. You don't need the AR there. Hope you get a cc one soon.
In summary, to improve further, probably you have to upgrade part by part now. It'll will take some time. For DPS wise, start with a good amulet. have averagedamage in them and has higher cd and cc +str.
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 12/15/2012 5:43 PM PST

Your setup is quite ok.
Just for MH, it does have big damage. But it's really quite bad to lose out a 100-150str there.
Since you already had that, probably not change it too soon.

You lack vit on certain parts like shoulders and boots. Though your EHP is 550k which is pretty fine. Good to bump it up to 700-800k a least.

Change your hellring. You don't need the AR there. Hope you get a cc one soon.
In summary, to improve further, probably you have to upgrade part by part now. It'll will take some time. For DPS wise, start with a good amulet. have averagedamage in them and has higher cd and cc +str.

thank you very much for the input.
i really aprreciate it
Thanks for the reply Horngyuh80

So i got another another offhand and upgraded my gear.
I feel that everything is at the right place, 6% LS and bloodlust at MP7+
875K EHP and decent strength and vit.
Wondering if you could rate my build and which gear needs upgrades at low cost
THANKS

Edit: link to my profile
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/jazzbird-6789/Heisenberg/26225830

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/JazzBird-6789/hero/26225830
Edited by JazzBird#6789 on 12/16/2012 4:10 AM PST
@Jazz bird

7.5/10
Really not bad already. Any further upgrade will be costly. You cc is still kinda low. Due to stone of jordon and no cc lacuni. You can probably keep the lacuni, make a upgrade on your amulet. Sorrie but it wouldn't be low cost.

Easily cost up to 250mil+. Because aiming for something slightly better wouldn't be much of any gain. It'll be only a waste of gold. That's what i feel.

Your glove isn't that good too. Getting one trifica with AR with at least 80str can up your DPS alot. 8k-10k probably. Will be quite costly too. I kept mine because it has almost a 100status more. Was thinking of changing them as well. For yours not really worth keeping them.

As for built, You don't need Warcry. Your EHP is fine. Go rend give you substain at the same time good DPS output. It's way better than warcry imo.
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 12/16/2012 4:59 AM PST
I guess it's time to save up!
I'm really happy with my current build so I probably won't look for upgrades anytime soon.
I can swap the SOJ and gain 20k dps but the cold% really compliments the fear proc. And yeh, i changed to rend.
I guess it's time to save up!
I'm really happy with my current build so I probably won't look for upgrades anytime soon.
I can swap the SOJ and gain 20k dps but the cold% really compliments the fear proc. And yeh, i changed to rend.

@Jazzbird
Thought so... All the best. =)
Thanks for all the help
Can you check out my barb i can currently solo farm MP 9 and 10 with very few deaths keys are easy however i have got stuck at the dps level im currently at.... I know Mempo for my helm would improve it as well as lacuni bracers. However, my question to you is the main hand weapon. Curently would it be better to upgade to higher damage with one socket or go with lower damage and have a high crit damage affix with a socket? thank you.

Ps. With rings, should i be looking to at attackspeed or crit damage to go along with my crit chance?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]