Diablo® III

A new patch is available loop

I am currently stuck in this loop and so are a few others that I know of.... I have tried the workaround multiple times so please don't link me to that, any ideas?
Edited by cR41G#2315 on 12/11/2012 11:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
i'm having the same problem. Launcher says game is up to date, but when i try and log in it says a new patch is available the game will now close and automatically install the update. It closes and the launcher just says its up to date and this keeps happening.

Some help would be appreciated.
Reply Quote
Yes this is the case for a few people I know of, yet there are others I know that have no issue at all, I have a feeling this is because I play EU on the US installer so I am currently installing from the EU setup to see if that helps.
Reply Quote
When I tried switching the Asia servers I was put into a patch update loop as well.
Reply Quote
Im also stuck in it I thought i had a virus lol
Reply Quote
nm i just had to switch server
Reply Quote
Any news ?

I tried to change my .agent.db file to select the current region patch :

previously : "patch_url" : "http://enUS.patch.battle.net:1119/patch",
change to : "patch_url" : "http://enGB.patch.battle.net:1119/patch",

Launched the game client again, it downloaded an update but still in the loop....
Reply Quote
also still in the loop.
Reply Quote
12/11/2012 11:29 AMPosted by cR41G
Yes this is the case for a few people I know of, yet there are others I know that have no issue at all, I have a feeling this is because I play EU on the US installer so I am currently installing from the EU setup to see if that helps.
I tried this and now i was able to run the game after downloading payable part.
Reply Quote
ok ok, listen up guys, i got it working. go to this thread first (most of you already have i guess)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5870687669

Follow all the steps they tell you in the Reverting the Client to the correct version part.

After you do that, make sure you delete the agent folder from your battle.net folder. Also, the part where they tell you to change the patch_url, make sure you keep the url according to the region you play on. I play on asia and my url was set on enUS(americas), i changed it to the korea url and wallah it works!

that thread is a bit old so the latest patch is 13366 or something..so make sure you delete that and the 13300 ones as they say in the thread.

Also in the battle.net folder, in the Client folder there is an agent.db file, its to keep the launcher updated, i changed that one's url to the korea one as well.

Do all that and it should work fine. REMEMBER don't listen to the thread and blindly set the url to US, if you dont play in americas do not use that patch_url! Use the url of the region you play on!

Good luck, hope it helps!
Reply Quote
Alright, to clear this up if you are getting this error you are running either the US launcher using EU servers or the other way around, to fix I simply installed the setup for the correct region(EU) as it appears I was connecting to the EU servers from the US launcher..
Reply Quote
Im also connecting to EU server from US client.
By "I simply installed the setup for the correct region(EU)" U mean downloading the whole game?
Reply Quote
done all the above and tryed repair tools etc.... blizzard finds new ways to annoy as normal.
Reply Quote
Well I'm confused.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
This is because the Europe and Asia servers have not been patched yet, you are using the enUS client which has been patched but the Europe and Asia servers have not fully had maint yet hence the client version and server version don't match.

You will need to wait until the server you play on has been patched or use the same client for the server you play on so that you don't experience this issue again.
Edited by Narull#6634 on 12/11/2012 2:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
why do I have to deal with this?
Reply Quote
OK, so just wait then.
Reply Quote
Wait or go download the EU client and reinstall, either way you will have to wait for a little.
I would advise the reinstall to avoid it happening on future patches.
Reply Quote
This is because the Europe and Asia servers have not been patched yet, you are using the enUS client which has been patched but the Europe and Asia servers have not fully had maint yet hence the client version and server version don't match.

You will need to wait until the server you play on has been patched or use the same client for the server you play on so that you don't experience this issue again.

Nope. In the US playing on US servers. Never played elsewhere, never had this problem before.
Reply Quote
Finally figured out a way to play after going as far as reinstalling and getting the same loop. I had to change my region to Europe. Exited out. Started up again, and it said my region was Americas. Went to options, it was listed as Europe still. Changed it to Americas. Now it works.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]