Diablo® III

Gold pick up radius should be revised.

12/10/2012 05:35 PMPosted by SoapBox
I run a barb and I think this affix seems to be negelected. I won't search gear that has it since its not high on my list of affix's i want on my gear but I wish the paragon level would up it. Anyone else hate run circles around gold stacks till you click them?

yes, it's stupid. terrible design.

the minimum (default) should be 1, at least, not zero or whatever it is.
Reply Quote
why is this thread still going?

if u want pick up radius, find items that have it. simple

i have zero pickup radius and im not complaining. if u wanted 1 or 6 pick up radius then get gear that come with it.
Reply Quote
Go play d2, you had no pickup at all in there.
Reply Quote
Posted by Vaeflare
Having these sorts of compelling choices helps offer different itemization choices

12/10/2012 07:41 PMPosted by Vaeflare
compelling choices

12/10/2012 07:41 PMPosted by Vaeflare
compelling

Cool story.

The game has no absolutely no compelling choices.

Crit Damage
Crit Hit.
Socket(Emerald)
Main stat
Vit
All Resis.

Anything else is invalid and pointless.
Reply Quote
Not enough dps for uber enrage? Buy higher dps weapon
Dying too much? Get more armor and resist
Reflect damage? Life leech weapons
Can't handle high mp? Lower it
Potion don't heal enough? Get globe bonus
Can't pick up gold? Get some pickup radius

The solution to most people's problem exist in the game, instead people choose to not use them.

Nonono, blizzard, fix this game for me, i just want to stack cd, cc, as, kk? Thx

HAHA It;s funny cause it is soo true
Reply Quote
Can I have an affix for gold pick up radius that does not pick up health globes? I like picking up health globes at certain times in fights, I always want gold though. Pick up radius at the moment though just screws my ability to get globes when I need them, rather than just cause I happened to be near them in the middle of a large fight.
Reply Quote
12/11/2012 11:18 AMPosted by Morogoth
the biggest issue i have with PuR isnt the fact that i have to collect it on gear. its the fact that default PuR is 0. this makes it so the object has to be right at your feet to pick it up. as we all know (even in RL) this wouldnt be the case. you could easily pick something up if it was a short distance from you.
Really? You can pick up items 1 yard away? I'll get a yard stick and test that out...

its the fact that default PuR is 0. this makes it so the object has to be right at your feet to pick it up. as we all know (even in RL) this wouldnt be the case.
lol re-quoted and bolded that bit just so EVERYONE is aware of exactly what it is you are trying to say. Please YouTube your telekinetic powers. I'll wait for the link.
Reply Quote
Cool story.

The game has no absolutely no compelling choices.

Crit Damage
Crit Hit.
Socket(Emerald)
Main stat
Vit
All Resis.

Anything else is invalid and pointless.
Except if you're in this thread complaining you can't pick up gold...
Oh wait, there's an affix for that! Amazing!
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 04:30 AMPosted by CyberGoat
Really? You can pick up items 1 yard away? I'll get a yard stick and test that out.

12/12/2012 04:30 AMPosted by CyberGoat
lol re-quoted and bolded that bit just so EVERYONE is aware of exactly what it is you are trying to say. Please YouTube your telekinetic powers. I'll wait for the link.

In your blindness trying to be a really cool guy (and failing) with epic trolling answers you completely miss the problem.

The problem is not "OMG! i want passive PUR with paragon so i dont need to pick something from 50 yards away". The problem is that with 0 PUR it will be easier just to click on the gold to pick it up, but you cant, you have to go close to it so it gets picked. And with the 0 PUR that usually takes 2 o 3 attempts to get ON TOP of the gold to get it picked.

We dont want free 23985723 pick up radius, We want ONE yard only, so i don't have to stand 3 times in a gold pile to pick it up because the program just doesn't get it. Want more than one yard? Get items.
Reply Quote
The default radius is just TOO small. The pickup radius affix should be an optional comodity, the way it is you are obliged to get some otherwise you have to run in circles untill you collect a gold pile.

It's not a good thing to have to choose because there is a LOT more important attributes you need on a 6 attr, item. It doesn't add damage or defense, it's just a utility wich by default is so low that forces you to think about having a useless attribute.

Who would rather roll Pickup radius instead of SRT/DEX/INT, VIT, All res, ASI, CDI, CC and other attributes that actually make your character better. When i see a pickup radius rolled on a item i think "imagine if it rolled a useful stat".
Reply Quote
12/11/2012 11:20 PMPosted by Anuhart
Pickup radius, at the minimum roll on one piece of high level gear does indeed get the gold for you, BUT COMPLETELY NEGATES THE POINT OF GLOBES AS A MELEE, they are soaked up at full health.
Well if I designer, health globes would have different functionality. The way I envision it, when you pick up a health globe, you're allowed to go up to 50% of your maximum hp, but it decays over time until you're at max.

This would benefit classes staying at full, allow some scaling for vitality (for those non-barbs out there), and allow people to use globes as a temporary buff. It would also serve as an indirect buff to +pickup radius.

But hey, I'm not a designer.
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 04:58 AMPosted by CyberGoat
Well if I designer, health globes would have different functionality. The way I envision it, when you pick up a health globe, you're allowed to go up to 50% of your maximum hp, but it decays over time until you're at max.
Sorry, this was written so poorly. Let me re-write:

Well if I were a designer, health globes would have different functionality. The way I envision it, when you pick up a health globe, you're allowed to go above your maximum HP, up to 50%, but it decays over time until you're at max.

There. Fixed.
Reply Quote
Except if you're in this thread complaining you can't pick up gold...
Oh wait, there's an affix for that! Amazing!

Sure.
Reply Quote
idk about gold pick up, but imo I think the addition of paragon levels would be a great time to introduce skill points back into the game.

at lvl 60 you have a pretty solid idea of what you want to do with your character. so it's less likely you're going to make a decision you regret(one of the reasons the skill points were removed), it also adds a sense of permanency to some ones character for longer than the duration of your game (the NV was suppose to provide this but if you leave a game or change acts it's gone and you're free to modify your character at will) also even if you choose a skill that isn't "idea" but appeals to you, you're not at risk of not being able to play the game because skills at base level (depending on gear) are capable of killing monsters MP0, and can only get stronger from there if you keep improving a skill, also this provides an opportunity for making a respec gold sink, or the alternate rout, it would make people actually want to build that second character of the same class (for more than achievement points)
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 04:20 AMPosted by Darkness
Can I have an affix for gold pick up radius that does not pick up health globes? I like picking up health globes at certain times in fights, I always want gold though. Pick up radius at the moment though just screws my ability to get globes when I need them, rather than just cause I happened to be near them in the middle of a large fight.

^ The elephant in the room that is still being missed.

It's funny people saying just get some pickup, noob.

Thing is, I wonder how ranged characters wanting pickup for globes would react if it meant that gold just disappeared and wasn't added to your gold stock.
Reply Quote
12/10/2012 05:35 PMPosted by SoapBox
I run a barb and I think this affix seems to be negelected. I won't search gear that has it since its not high on my list of affix's i want on my gear but I wish the paragon level would up it. Anyone else hate run circles around gold stacks till you click them?

The way the OP thinks is what's wrong with this game's player base.

Pickup radius is one of the few affixes that actually tugs at you to get at least 1 piece of gear with it. No pick up radius is annoying, and its designed to be that way...

It's not high on OP's list of affix which probably include crit dmg, main stat, weapon socket, and AR. So OP cries on forums that the stat needs to be changed, because just like with Reflect Damage, OP chooses to follow the ONE build which is MAINSTAT/DPS/AR and things like RD and pickup aren't cool since he can only buy gear on his (and everyone else's) cookie cutter affix list.

Hopefully OP is a troll (based on his name it wouldn't be that far of a reach) otherwise your way of thinking is the childish majority and is partially responsible for the crappy nerfs that made this game the unplayable mess it is right now.

tl/dr? No $#%? Not having pickups is annoying, just like standing in fire hurts, jackass!
Edited by p0t#1360 on 12/12/2012 5:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
lol @ op and this thread.

+1 to blizz for posting and pointing out the obvious to the players.

You don't NEED it, if you want it the choice is yours to get it. This is no different that most of the other stats in the game.

You could also do the cheap thing and get 1 cheap piece with pickup to use for farming on low mp. You don't need 150k dps on low mp.
Reply Quote
I think the stat its ok on the armor if people want more radius theyhave the choice. But blizz should increase the default radius to all players by 2-3 yards, that all we asking for.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]