Diablo® III

Gold pick up radius should be revised.

12/10/2012 07:41 PMPosted by Vaeflare
Having these sorts of compelling choices helps offer different itemization choices, and we like that players often have to weigh their options when comparing gear in order to be the most efficient, to have the greatest DPS, to find the best loot, etc.

The only players who would make this particular compelling choice are bots.

Adding a yard or two of pickup radius would only serve to curb some unnecessary tedium. You know, less unnecessary tedium = more fun.
Reply Quote
I don't pick up gold. It's just not worth my time. I wish that it was increased so I would Get free money essentially.
Reply Quote
You could do this :

Gold pick up radius = more aoe spell radius !

ex: Soul Harvest (16yard) + my g-radius (10 yard)= Soul Harvest (26 yard)

what else ? :)
Reply Quote
"But I want it NOOOOWWW!!!!!" Veruca Salt, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Get a grip. Sometimes you have to make a choice.

First, everyone wanted more legendary items. Now everybody wants more godly legendary items; and while you're at it, you want extended pickup radius without having to gear for it. It's getting silly.
Edited by Schizmark#1772 on 12/12/2012 8:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
Blashyrkh View profile

I do rather frequently. It really sucks having to run 2 or 3 times over the same pile of gold to pick it up

+1

Just fix the bug - not asking for anything else
Reply Quote
2 things

would be very sick to let followers radius apply to character - even at 1/5 or watever it is.

also......design choices really?

when you have builds that feed so much of globes....dh....wd.....

then you give wd's a thing of the deep with 20 radius.....

really?
Reply Quote

First, everyone wanted more legendary items. Now everybody wants more godly legendary items; and while you're at it, you want extended pickup radius without having to gear for it. It's getting silly.

We want to feel like gods. When Legendaries can easily be not as good as even a poorly rolled Rare, yes, we call BS.
Reply Quote

We want to feel like gods. When Legendaries can easily be not as good as even a poorly rolled Rare, yes, we call BS.

I call BS anyway. I knew this would happen from the outset. Everyone gets more legendary drops, so the stuff they would have been overjoyed to see before is now garbage because legendary items drop like snowflakes. It's ridiculous.
'Oh, the auction house is evil!" Please, the secondary market was always there. 'Oh, my drops are only worth 10 million gold and I want them to be worth 50!" WAAAAhhhh! "I can't pick up gold because I'm too lazy to stop and pick it up, and I don't want to look for gear with stats that make it easier!" Next it will be, "WAAAHH! I don't wanna have to play the game! I want to bot all over and not be banned, so I can sit down at the game and look at all the cool loot my bot did all the work for WAAAAH!" Do you want someone to come to your house and click the icon to load the game for you too? Will that be enough to compensate for the big fat monthly fee of NOTHING? PUHLEEEZE...
Edited by Schizmark#1772 on 12/12/2012 9:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
This has been talked about a million times in the past, blizzard is aware of everyone's complaint. get 5 yrds pick up radius it makes a big difference.
Reply Quote
You could do this :

Gold pick up radius = more aoe spell radius !

ex: Soul Harvest (16yard) + my g-radius (10 yard)= Soul Harvest (26 yard)

what else ? :)

I like this idea!
Reply Quote
if its such a wasted roll then why does everyone complain about it? AT LEAST you dont have to click on every pile of gold to pick it up.. give someone an inch and they will take a mile.
Reply Quote

I call BS anyway. I knew this would happen from the outset. Everyone gets more legendary drops, so the stuff they would have been overjoyed to see before is now garbage because legendary items drop like snowflakes. It's ridiculous.
'Oh, the auction house is evil!" Please, the secondary market was always there. 'Oh, my drops are only worth 10 million gold and I want them to be worth 50!" WAAAAhhhh! "I can't pick up gold because I'm too lazy to stop and pick it up, and I don't want to look for gear with stats that make it easier!" Next it will be, "WAAAHH! I don't wanna have to play the game! I want to bot all over and not be banned, so I can sit down at the game and look at all the cool loot my bot did all the work for WAAAAH!" Do you want someone to come to your house and click the icon to load the game for you too? Will that be enough to compensate for the big fat monthly fee of NOTHING? PUHLEEEZE...

Yeah, but if they're good, then you're trying to decide which to use instead of deciding if it's worth using.
Yeah, they really don't think about it. Though AH does seem to change certain parts of the RNG's formula....
I've seen a grey, 1 armor chest piece up on the GAH for....2 bil! Oh yeah, THAT'S realistic. No armor is better than that armor for free anyway.
I usually go back for gold, even if it's like 50 and I'm picking up piles of 2k+ each. I want +radius because I don't like having to step into it to pick it up.
There is no sense of achievement in having someone/thing doing all the work for you then showing of it's results. Do the work yourself. (Granted, I don't like how it's all "crit build or your build will suck", but there's not much to be done about that without major reworking of the game....which should not've been released the way it was.)
Lol, you need help with your icon? There should be a monthly fee....to have more reason to play. ($2.50/month for us?)
Reply Quote
Not enough dps for uber enrage? Buy higher dps weapon
Dying too much? Get more armor and resist
Reflect damage? Life leech weapons
Can't handle high mp? Lower it
Potion don't heal enough? Get globe bonus
Can't pick up gold? Get some pickup radius

The solution to most people's problem exist in the game, instead people choose to not use them.

Nonono, blizzard, fix this game for me, i just want to stack cd, cc, as, kk? Thx

Most people can't afford to fix their problems because of the bot inflated economy and lack of desire to become a Diablo day trader.
Reply Quote
im sorry but your seriously !@#$%ing about this crap when its probly the last thing that needs fixing (my opinion its fine as is atleast u dont have to click gold to pick it up)

there are way bigger issues than gold pickup radius ffs bunch of whinny ^-*!@es want everthing handed to them unbelievable
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 08:46 AMPosted by LumeN
Just fix the bug - not asking for anything else

its not a bug, it is working as intended. gear properly or cry more. the choice is yours.
Reply Quote
Why not include pick-up radius in paragon level?

Every level of paragon you gain 0,1 so at level 100 you have 10 mt pick-up radius not based on equip stat.

In this way paragon (witch was introduced to remove gold and item finding and xp affixes from gear) raise that last (pick up radius) stat linked with the other.

Do you want more? sacrifice other stat.
Reply Quote
It's fine, l2p.

EDIT: Unprecedented numbers of noobs.
agreed, It is funny people still keep bringing up things that are on items(this topic was like 30 pages and more than one durring beta) all this will do is devalue a stat on gear to near uslessness, soon they will be asking blizzard to play the game for them and give them all the best gear, all they have to do is wait... wait a sec they do ask blizzard if they can bot and in many threads too.

This game is fine where it is at, any easier the game will be pointless to play.
Why not include pick-up radius in paragon level?

Every level of paragon you gain 0,1 so at level 100 you have 10 mt pick-up radius not based on equip stat.

In this way paragon (witch was introduced to remove gold and item finding and xp affixes from gear) raise that last (pick up radius) stat linked with the other.

Do you want more? sacrifice other stat.
You want the gold pick it up, or get the stat on your gear. there is already too little gold sinks in this game.
Edited by Gunghoe#1987 on 12/13/2012 12:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
There is a little problem if you change the way of building in pickup radius ...
The WD best XP farming template for a WD (personal point of view, but i think it's this one http://eu.battle.net/d3/fr/calculator/witch-doctor#SfUdPX!eTY!ccacaZ) uses pickup radius mechanics...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]