Diablo® III

Gold pick up radius should be revised.

People still saying that they are not rewarded for boring leveling
Primary stats, MF & GF for every 1 lvl and that's all.
I think there should be more things that entreat people to leveling.
Number 10 is nice round number. It will be nice if every 10 levels we will get something extra.
For example 1 yard pickup radius (or 1 yard every 20 paragon levels), and 1% to movement speed. Thanks to that, people will be more satisfied when reach, 30, 50 or 80 paragon lvl. Or on 39 paragon lvl: "yeah, one more level, and i'll get extra bonus".
This is not a huge improvement to our character, game won't be easer that much. Just a little help.
Reply Quote
I am comfortable with the gold pick up radius as it is. Hell, I have 0 PUR and I'm doing fine picking up the gold piles.
Reply Quote
The way i see it, people are not willing to pay extra gold to find a good legendary with PUR... and they prefer to QQ on the forums instead...

My advice to you : get one piece with PUR and stop QQing...

Right now, you sound like those people that have 200k dps, 100 AR, 0 LL and 0 LOH...

"QQ my class is gimped, QQ barbs are OP and never die, QQ blizzard has to fix the game"

Learn how the game works and deal with it.
Edited by Gegurion#1649 on 12/15/2012 2:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
People still saying that they are not rewarded for boring leveling
Primary stats, MF & GF for every 1 lvl and that's all.
I think there should be more things that entreat people to leveling.
Number 10 is nice round number. It will be nice if every 10 levels we will get something extra.
For example 1 yard pickup radius (or 1 yard every 20 paragon levels), and 1% to movement speed. Thanks to that, people will be more satisfied when reach, 30, 50 or 80 paragon lvl. Or on 39 paragon lvl: "yeah, one more level, and i'll get extra bonus".
This is not a huge improvement to our character, game won't be easer that much. Just a little help.

Agreed.

I remember playing Age of Conan, and getting to the cap level ( 80 I think it was? ) was always fun, because at 80, most classes ( sadly, not all classes, that sucked ) would get a 'free' (no skill points required) AMAZING skill, much better than the pre-80 skill.

In D3, we don't really get anything special when we hit 60 ( beside paragon levels so we can keep on farming I guess? ), the skills are pretty much all the same...
and I-don't-know-how-many hours later, when we get to paragon 100... we still don't get anything, beside the 'feeling' of 'yay, I don't have to use an MF item ever again!'... But that feeling doesn't last long, and isn't really rewarding for the time it takes...

Getting pick up radius on paragon levels wouldn,t fix all that ( it'd still be fun to get some skills with our paragon levels, or every 10 levels or something, to encourage people to keep grinding... ), but it would at least give us some 'visible' reward.

We'd walk around and see all the gold come to us, and it REALLY makes farming more enjoyable when you can just run from 1 pack to another without walking over all the gold. Picking gold up gets tedious real fast.
Reply Quote
12/15/2012 04:25 AMPosted by DeadRu
I cannot believe people are still pushing this. You are given a stat that deals with this use it. Look at it like it is giving diversity.

Then why aren't you pushing to remove MF/GF from paragon levels?
You are given a stat that deals with this too.
Reply Quote
Everyone keep spouting 'Hurr durr get it on gear' like a bunch of parrots, yet they can't give a valid answer to this question :

If you are against pick up radius on paragon levels, why are you for MF and GF on those same levels?

It's basically the same thing, level your paragon so you don't need to use non-combat stats on your gear ( allowing you to use better gear, 100% combat gear ).

So, why are you for MF and GF on paragon levels?
Or are you against that too?

The whole point of the paragon system is a way to reward players that play longer with a chance of getting better loot. The way to get better loot is to increase MF and GF.

What does pickup radius have to do with getting better loot? It's not the same thing as increased MF+GF.
Reply Quote
12/15/2012 01:54 PMPosted by Monsta
The whole point of the paragon system is a way to reward players that play longer with a chance of getting better loot.

Huh, no.
My DH has the MF cap at paragon 28, so getting to paragon 100 won't give me any better chance to get loot.

The whole point of the paragon system is to achieve that point without using MF gear that gimps your combat stats.

So the same could be done about pick up radius, allow paragon levels to achieve that ( a decent pick up range ) without gimping our gear.
Reply Quote
Just gold radius.

Not globe radius.

Not affecting WD skills the way stacking it on gear does.

Just gold radius. .5 yards/10 levels.

Does not affect gameplay other than reward to player. Not like lvl 80+ characters are getting huge boosts from picking gold up off the ground. Just a small reward. Plus it's unbalanced only one class actually benefits from this stat while the rest it's a compromise.

Signed,

Lvl 94 character with radius bracers.
Reply Quote
Pickup radius is so good I just can't stand not having any when running other set/pm other than my MF pm0 build, but serioulsy, you people complaining should really play another h'n's ( I come from Tit Quest personnally ) and you'll understand how boring it is to actually click on all the gold piles.

i'm not against a sweet bonus like 1 yard ( or meter :) ) per 10 paragon levels though :)
Reply Quote
To clarify,

For a lvl 100 char:

with no PUR= 5yd pick up on gold
With 5 PUR= 5 yd pickup on gold/ globes
With 7 PUR= 7 yd.....

So not added. Just some.
Reply Quote
pickup radius can be very important for WD, so it is important
Reply Quote
Why not just increase the minimum value of gold pickup radius to 3 or 5 yards for all characters, instead of 0?

Pretty easy solution, will solve the running back and forth and back and forth and still having the pile lying there, mocking you; and without ruining any of the current game mechanics.

Fair to say that a barb is a yard across at the shoulders plus has a yard of reach in either direction... I just think it would be a nice addition and relieve one of the games many sources of frustration.

This should be a simple across the board change and should not be tied into the paragon system at all. Keep it (paragon system,) as pointless as it is.
Edited by Nachoman#1973 on 12/17/2012 5:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
As a few players have pointed out in this thread, there are quite a range of appealing affixes that items can have. By choosing items that increase your pickup radius, you are making a decision that the value of that stat matters to you, and that you’re willing to trade other stats in order to have it. Having these sorts of compelling choices helps offer different itemization choices, and we like that players often have to weigh their options when comparing gear in order to be the most efficient, to have the greatest DPS, to find the best loot, etc.

We also like knowing when you feel that improvements can be made, though, so thank you for the feedback (seriously). We'll make sure it gets passed along to our developers.

Eh, I thought that was what made MF an interesting choice... DPS vs magic find, and a separate tier for the really really rich to bid on, but then they decided to phase MF out with paragon leveling. The whole argument against MF by blizzard was people felt "forced" to use it, I feel the same way about pick-up radius.

I find running back and forth on gold multiple times if I didn't happen to find pick-up radius conveniently on a piece of gear. Base 3 yards even would be nice.
Edited by Andernut#1799 on 12/17/2012 7:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
I just don't think we should increase pick radius along with level. It's a choice to improve your farming ability.

However, i agree that it would be nice to see some modifications to improve its value.
e.g.
1. pick up gems and tomb and potions automatically
2. combined with some other attributes to become more useful, like combine movement speed and pick radius together
3. allow sockets on glove/bracer to improve utility attributes.

I prefer set every character's pick radius to 1 yard by default if it's that hard to walk over gold pieces and collect now.
Edited by ivancy#1651 on 12/17/2012 8:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/10/2012 07:41 PMPosted by Vaeflare
By choosing items that increase your pickup radius, you are making a decision that the value of that stat matters to you, and that you’re willing to trade other stats in order to have it. Having these sorts of compelling choices helps offer different itemization choices, and we like that players often have to weigh their options when comparing gear in order to be the most efficient, to have the greatest DPS, to find the best loot, etc.

"Primary" stats shouldn't be weighed against "secondary" or "quality of life" stats if you will. Pickup radius confers zero DPS or defensive benefit. Yet it takes up a "slot" on the item budget like any other stat essential to the killing/surviving.

I wouldn't have to consider pickup radius at all if the default radius was something reasonable. At the moment, it just feels like Blizz put in the stat just to have us scramble for it. Yes, that's feedback. It irks me after having to run directly over gold to pick up gold time and again. It slows down the pace needlessly. It makes us stop to turn, to change direction. It disrupts the rhythm if you will.

But I don't think we're on the same page when it comes to stat priority anyway, since Crit/Crit damage continues to be king with no solution in sight.
Reply Quote
I find the higher lvl stat item you get, the less chance of PUR you have.
It's distribution as an affix seems to favour sub 60 lvls.
Reply Quote
12/10/2012 07:46 PMPosted by Cory
As a few players have pointed out in this thread, there are quite a range of appealing affixes that items can have. By choosing items that increase your pickup radius, you are making a decision that the value of that stat matters to you, and that you’re willing to trade other stats in order to have it. Having these sorts of compelling choices helps offer different itemization choices, and we like that players often have to weigh their options when comparing gear in order to be the most efficient, to have the greatest DPS, to find the best loot, etc.We like knowing when you feel that improvements can be made, though, so thank you for the feedback (seriously). We'll make sure it gets passed along to our developers.

I understand this... but some affixes are completely pointless and should never be logically chosen over others. For instance I would never choose pick up radius over any DPS or EHP advantage. Only way i get it is if it just happens to be on piece i got for another reason. Therefore a waste of the roll

Agreed! I have also run into problems of gold landing on/under stationary objects and not being able to pick them up at all. This should not happen in my opinion. If a players were getting legendary drops that they could not retrieve i can assure you the issue would be resolved asap.

Another resolution to this issue would be to enable players to pick up gold by clicking on it. Any stack of gold should be able to be picked up first time every time. Pickup radius is a nice convenience, but it should not be a necessity.
Edited by Rabid#1189 on 12/17/2012 9:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
The amount of pickup range you need compared to the amount found on GOOD gear on the AH is a bit absurd.

Often times having pickup radius adds 1mil+ to an item, it is a bit ridiculous.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]